[Myzrael] Had a name reserved, lost it within 30 seconds of remaking the character

Why do you call them a rat? It’s not YOUR name, it’s up for grabs for anyone, and you had it, 15 times, but you deleted it, 15 times, and then you lost it. You did all that to save 15 bucks… You should have known this could happen and your dog’s memory should have been worth the money to you. Don’t know how you expect to call other people names after this was 100% your own doing.

4 Likes

I think you’re misunderstanding me. I didn’t ever leave it open for more than the time it took to check one single name

You rolled those dice 15 friggin times… come on, man, you must be trolling.

3 Likes

I fail to see how opening a name I have reserved for less than half a minute is rolling the dice on what may be the least populated server… I’d still have to do the same to remake the character aesthetically and class anyway

Every time you deleted the character, you risked losing the name. Eventually you lost it, You gambled too many times and eventually lost. How can you not comprehend this?

7 Likes

I think I see your problem. Why would you delete it 15 times it was that sentimental to you? You had 3 slots to use for testing names ect on other realms.

1 Like

I have 3 sentimental variants. I kept the most desirable variant (a 2 letter configuration) and my dog’s actual name. The 3rd variant is equally important to me as all of them but to me was the least desirable to others of the 3 by far. My reasoning aside, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to state the insanely low possibility of this happening.

It’s not like I had thex on therod ffs

If its such a Unique name, theres plenty of other servers to get it on.
If its gone on those other servers, then it is not that unique.

3 Likes

I can get it on other servers but I would be sacrificing the 2 names I currently have that are equally sentimental. Myzrael is where I could get all 3

I deleted a character to remake it because I didn’t like the way it looked.

Got the exact same name back and I only took a minute or two recreating.

You just got unlucky I guess.

Why would you think your dog’s nickname was so incredibly unique that no one would ever try to also register that name? If you were so confident, why reserve it at all? You deleted the character “upwards of 15 times” not just once for 30 seconds. Even if the odds of it happening was 1% of 1%, that’s still a 1 in 10,000 chance and we know there’s literally millions of people registering names. You gambled, you lost, all to save 15 bucks. The other guy is not the rat.

1 Like

They are not a rat. You’re just entitled. The name was yours. You gave it up.

Try it again in a few weeks and see.

I didn’t get my first choice name, bit I’m not going to stalk and harass the guy who did. Pick another and love on.

5 Likes

The odds of this happening are astronomically low considering it was not ever done during a prime time or on a popular server. I also had the name since Monday, so why would the person be checking name availability on that server at that time… it’s incredibly unlikely to the point that it might as well not be a gamble

Person could’ve been checking because of the new server going up just now and perhaps banking on the chance that the original name holder would delete to make space for the new server. I was checking for names on Herod as the server was coming up just in-case the names I wanted got free again.

3 Likes

Yes I do feel entitled to the name I reserved on Monday…

i mean, astronomically low chance doesnt equal ‘impossible’. Its the risk you take when you delete and remake, however low that risk may be it isnt zero.

Soon as you deleted it, no longer reserved.

You still have TWO other varients of the name. You lost the one you like the least. You really are carrying on a lot for something that is entirely of your own making.

5 Likes

Not true from personal experience.

2 Likes

If it was so important to you why did you delete it? You should have waited till the hype died down and do it at like 1 am or something.

1 Like

Yep, I feel entitled to the names I reserved on Monday too… except… I didn’t delete them

8 Likes