[Myzrael] Had a name reserved, lost it within 30 seconds of remaking the character

I refuse to believe someone else was trying to get this exact name at this exact time within 30 seconds of me deleting it tonight. Myzrael is probably the lowest pop PvE server and my name isn’t even that popular, so I just can’t wrap my head around this being possible… The only way is someone had to have been botting for this name?

Or perhaps there is some lock mechanic for making/remaking a character too many times? If this is the case could someone (preferably from Blizzard) confirm or deny? Losing the name I had reserved since Monday actually really makes me upset, as the name was very sentimental to me.

If in fact someone did take my name from me, I’d be willing to compensate them financially for it

is it the name your posting as ? if not how would the person that has it know your looking for it.

1 Like

it will be locked for something like 90 seconds after delete, try again

3 Likes

it’s not the name I’m posting as but I’ve made/remade the character several times.

I’m asking if it’s possible for a name to lock without someone taking it

Currently getting DC’d at character creation, anyone else?

I have deleted and remade two of my characters and gotten the names back.

It is a risk. You got unlucky.

14 Likes

People still need to know the name in question if they are going to be able to secure it themselves to sell to you later :^)

Edit: I’m sure its just my severe case of littleb*tchitis, but I really dislike that there is so much buying/selling of name reservations happening :confused:

6 Likes

You took a risk and lost. Next time ask a friend to help for reducing the chances of that happening. Sorry.

I’m getting disconnected every time I try to create a character with the name now, but not with different names…

Are you sure you lost it? I got a ‘name taken’ error but then it appeared on the character selection screen, just delayed by a few minutes.

Had a friend reserve my names and he reserved mine. I did up a character and he deleted it as I hit okay and got it instantly.

5 Likes

Seems to be a lot of work for something that has no real benefit for the people doing it…

no unfortunately I’m not sure that’s why I made this thread

I am getting disconnected when I make characters now though, I’m not sure what’s going on

That’s just the risk you take, Hombre. Although it might be a glitch of sorts. I would suggest trying again, perhaps even closing the client as well.

Good luck.

Another first for me is learning that people will reserve a name for selling later?

Is it worth stooping to this level of depravity to collect on 3 names?:roll_eyes:

I dislike it too. Seems slimy. I haven’t read up on it but it could be considered a “real money transaction” and therefore be actionable by Blizz.

2 Likes

lol :rofl:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Maybe. But I deleted and recreated the same two characters like four or five times each night before last. You know. wrong expression, wrong hair, piercings I didn’t notice first.

I sometimes wonder if I’m … perhaps not the sharpest tool.

1 Like

I’d bet it’s a glitch. You should keep trying.

They’re adding new servers at the moment of this typing, so something could be screwing it up because of that. They took all the servers offline like 30 minutes ago and put them back up.

I would just keep on trying, even consider later tonight when the Blizz employees are off work.