[Myzrael] Had a name reserved, lost it within 30 seconds of remaking the character

Nah. My husband and I needed to switch names on our accounts. Deleted at the same time and remade 2 seconds later without any issues at all. Not locked.

The name is one of the variant nicknames of my dog (who is very sadly close to passing) and I wanted to carry his legacy into Classic WoW. It’s not at all a popular name afaik and I’m dumbfounded by the way I lost it (especially considering Myzrael population).

I deleted this character upwards of 15 times since locking it to test other names on other servers since I was confident that I had it secured. I am hoping the name locked somehow from me making/deleting the character too much

I deleted and remade one name seven times because I forgot to change her class from warrior to paladin… Then remembered I wanted her to be my priest. @_@

This is killing my hype for classic (which I’ve been planning for every day for a while), so I will be trying until launch to reclaim what has been lost. I’m friending the rat on launch day and offering him money for it unless that is bannable

Thanks. I feel a “little” better now. We can be dull tools in the same shed. /wink

2 Likes

When you login and see 15 different XxLegolas1564xX you will realise that even all the rare names you thought wouldnt be snapped very quickly were…maybe even the name you wanted in that 30 second window.

the odds of that happening in this situation seem astronomically low to me unless people were botting or a glitch occurred

Naw you lost it legitimately, I had the same thing happen to me. I assume the name you picked was a popular one.

1 Like

Not hating anyone here, just amazed that people will sell their souls for monetary gain. Nothing to do with the game as I’ve seen this in various shapes and sizes in real life for going on 70 years. Just a new one on me again.

2 Likes

I hate asking, but did you reboot your computer?

Maybe delete the .wtf file?

You deleted it 15 times?? Just to test out OTHER names?? If you actually got one of those other names, you would have lost your dog’s name anyway, so…? Ok, I lost any sympathy for your situation that I previously had. So you had what you wanted, but let it go to search for a BBD and lost, and now you complain? Maybe you shouldn’t gamble with something that important to you next time…

1 Like

I have two accounts (one of which is currently inactive) and I was thinking about activating it to reserve 3 more names. I wanted to test before doing so to ensure I could get the ones I wanted before doing so

lol
thats actually pretty funny

1 Like

Was it within the lasthour?

Maybe look into it more next time? A new server is opening in 2 minutes so I’m sure traffic has been high since that announcement.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that about your dog (and name)

Again, just wait until they’re done messing around by adding the new Stalagg server, and try again. Maybe it’s screwing up the overall character creation.

Good luck, and I hope you manage to secure the name!

Additionally, I would suggest waking up in the middle of the night if you’re constantly deleting/remaking your names. I was paranoid about deleting my placeholders (one of them being a common word), so I set an alarm for 3AM last night to delete and remake them into their actual race/classes.

I’m fairly certain Blizz has confirmed that characters that haven’t been played within a week of release will have their names available for creation.

I pray that is the case and that the rat who sniped my name is not a rat but a compassionate fellow

RWT is against the rules so hopefully they are dealt with

1 Like

Only remake characters LATE, late night or very early morning to avoid this. I managed to snag my name early this morning after constant tries since name reservation opened.

3 Likes

This is why I’m waiting until the game goes live before I do any customisation to my characters. I prefer to wait until things are locked in before doing anything as I was lucky enough to get some decent names that I didn’t have to slightly alter in some way.

1 Like