Mythics this week is rough

The dogs from the gauntlet are not affected by affixes: they don’t enrage, drop sanguine, generate explosives, etc.

I was considering doing that on our last pull! Lol.

But the healer left and that was gg. I’m beginning to hate Ragnaros players.

Oh dang, I’m sorry. On my resto shaman I try my hardest to snipe the orbs with frost shock. They have so little health now. But I can’t get them all when lots of damage is going out.

3 Likes

That’s what it is for me. Tyrannical isn’t fun, and they need to change up the weekly rotational affixes. They’ve been the same for years.

In my pugging life, I’ve found the second boss to be the pugbreaker even on fort weeks. That 3rd one is definitely tricky if you have some classes in there without good defensive options.

I got super lucky and timed an 18 last night. It was just a really solid group. Even with how good they were, half the group died on the 2nd boss and half on the 3rd. Luckily the bosses were like in the 100k range when that happened.

SD is just one of those dungeons you have to keep trying and hope to get a solid pug group. Even the good groups have more trouble than they should imo.

3rd one is very healer dependent; hpals and druids have no problem because most of their rotation is instant, classes that require hard casts like rshaman or disc have trouble.

1 Like

That would explain it then lol. We had a solid paladin.

The only redeeming quality of SD is that it’s not as bad as Shrine.

Yeah I did 16 last night and 2 explosives exploded = wipe because the tank kited too far and left the explosives behind and we couldn’t deactivate on time.

Bring a boomy which will nullify raging, just drop trees when they engrage and walk away.

Explosives are made much easier by setting up your UI. I have explosives health bars a unique color and twice the size to be easier to see and click on. Now that they are 1 hp there’s no excuse you cant deal with them.

Tyrannical is a test of your knowledge of the boss. Obviously things start 1 shotting at high enough levels but not at 16.

Druids are better. Moon fire can be cast endlessly and one shots them, and they also have soothe.

People not prioritizing explosive orbs is what’s rough. I run a few and each dungeon I had 80+% on overall orb damage…

1 Like

Third boss is easily healable as long as people don’t get one shotted by the yellow beams. Every damn time I do that dungeon I remind people don’t get hit by the yellow beams or you’ll die.

Fair point, but druids don’t have lust and cannot be gnomes ;>

That last one is another point in favor of the Druid, though I’d be a Vulpera Druid in a heartbeat if I could. Could you imagine kitten form? Hummingbird flight form? Travel form could be a ferret or bunny

1 Like

keep practicing…usually takes me a good night of practice before I can breeze through them later in the week

good luck :black_heart:!

you have good taste :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

just gotta burst those bubbles! shame they seem to be like totems, though.

We got 3 sanguine depths keys this week for our group, this weekend will be fun :upside_down_face:

It’s like blizzard goes out of their way to decide to give out more of those keys on boss week. Need to time that 15 sooner or later, i guess.

Honestly explosive is a joke affix. My brew can get almost all of them, and the healer can assist if need be. When I’m on my tank I can get everyone outside of super far off ranged.

I think a lot of tanks and healers don’t understand this is more so their job. Yes dps can help but it’s not needed it’s more of a loss for a dps to stop than it is for a tank or a healer when the healer has downtime.