Mythics this week is rough

Just tried to do a +16 SD and couldn’t get it done. Explosives is what make it so difficult plus Tyrranical

2 Likes

Tried a 12 mists yesterday and we were dying to explosive on mist caller. That mid phase with the clones spawn them, fail to cc a fox and things get hectic really quick.

We had a good comp for it too, we were breezing through it.

1 Like

Bring Hunters! Lust, as usual, plus a soothe and arcane shot to help out with explosives :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Last month has been a bit of a butt. Last week was the best, but that’s coming from a ranger, lol

I really think they changed what ones we get. in bfa we could get easier week or weeks that would rail us in the… never mind, lol

To be fair, I think everyone automatically hates every Tyrannical week.

I haven’t done any keys this week, but it really doesn’t seem terrible. Especially compared to 2 weeks ago. Most healers should’ve taken up the mantle of dealing with explosives. I’m pretty much always on explosive duty :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m actually starting to prefer tyr weeks vs fort… but it’s definitely a mechanic check on your group. One wipe to a boss past 50% and you can basically kiss the key goodbye. It’s actually funny I ran with a group last night PF 14, we wiped to 2nd boss wasting pride and lust, but 2nd attempt without pride or lust we beat him… however we still didn’t time the key.

3 Likes

Honestly had np with PF 12 this week but mists was a total crap show just cause of mist caller.

2 Likes

Depends on the dungeon and the comp. Our group struggled a lot more last week… we love Tyrranical weeks mostly. In my experience explosive is really only a problem on:

1. Mini boss in Halls
  2. Fairy boss in Mists
  3. Last boss in PF
1 Like

I don’t really mind explosive. There’s a few spots where it’s a pain (mist caller is one for sure) , but otherwise… Not really that hard to deal with.

Explosives this xpac is actually really not that bad. All it takes is one global and plenty of classes have a ranged ability they can use to hit them with, obviously having classes with ranged autos or spammable ranged abilites are the best at this. As long as people aren’t tunneling on damage then is super easy to deal with.
Tyran is w/e, it’s a mechanics check more then anything. My favorite thing about tyran weeks are the big trash pulls you can do.
Raging is scary but easily managed by a tank that knows when to kite or some kind of soothe (hunters, druids, and rogues can all do this).
If anything it’s a week where mechanically competent players can shine, which is a good thing. Of course groups that are just OK will probably have a rougher time.
Also, just bring a hunter/boomy (or both). They can help deal with both explosives and raging.

Having a hunter this week sure does make things easier. I guess that’s true every week though. Seeing as I will completely ignore explosives, I’m looking for a weakaura or addon that hides them from the screen. I don’t want to hit one on accident :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only affix this week is Tyrannical, but that’s the only affix that matters in Sanguine Depths. lol

The bosses in SD are still ludicrously overtuned.

1 Like

Call me crazy, but I think tyrannical makes SD a bit easier to deal with. Honestly though, there’s never a great week for that one.

2 Likes

I have been unable to push past a 16 SD on Tyrannical week. It’s straight up unfair in design starting with the second boss. Aside from the healing check being utterly insane compared to most other bosses and dungeons, the encounter mechanics are pretty much designed to nullify bringing melee for pushes. (I love the add that dies, drops a pool that ticks instantly, and expands faster than you can move–requiring a mobility skill or a loss of DPS to flee early.)

Most people hate the third boss, saying it becomes unhealable after a while, though I’ve never struggled helping to mitigate on there. The orb RNG is pretty awful, though, and the boss isn’t so dissimilar to the one in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

And finally, General Kaal is rough with even more anti-melee mechanics that require you to throw more DPS time away. To further add insult to injury as a DPS warrior, she screws our class/spec(s) over specifically by sitting between Condemn/Execute and Massacre windows, nullifying an entire covenant, talent, and thus a critical part of our damage function.

Sanguine Depths is cancer, and the nerfs they’ve done to it didn’t have any bearing on the actual problem with the place.

3 Likes

This is by far the easiest Tyrannical week in the rotation. Explosives die in a single hit, if your group is dying to them it’s the players (lack of) skill, not the affixes.

3 Likes

That ones rough with explosives. Had a guildie suggest having one ranged dps exclusively focus on rooting the freezy fox and killing orbs - nothing else, no dps on the puzzle or boss - just orbs and freezing the fox.

1 Like

2nd and 3rd boss are very unforgiving in Tyrannical, but the rest of the dungeon is a cake walk and the timer is very forgiving.

They still haven’t fixed this? Happened to me and my guildies during one of the first explosive weeks… I get it if a healer or some one is paying attention should be able to down the explosive bits, but tyrannical adds more mechanics which draws more attention from everyone.

explosive will be very annoying for mistcaller boss and sd gauntlet (adds before last boss).

There’s nothing to fix, any boss with adds can spawn additional explosives.