Mythic + Tanks state of the game

It is no secret warrior tanks are the best tanks in Mythic+ right now , but Instead of nerfing them why not make all other tanks feel as good? as it is there is shortage in healers and tanks in player base, having all tanks feel as good will drive more people to play tanks.

I do not play all tanks to know what would make them feel as good as warrior tanks but for Demon Hunter Tanks I think those changes would make them feel more fluid , They get Blur back like we had in Beta , Maybe 2 charges of Blur , 3 Charges of Demon Spikes and possibly 2 Charges of Eye Beam.

Edit:-
Demon Hunter changes:-
Sigil of Chain:- becomes baseline - it is put in a very bad position on talents tree and it was one of our biggest utility that we had.
Reverse Magic :- Demon hunters are suppose to be best tanks vs Magic Damage as a class fantasy and yet we are weakest compared to warrior spell reflect and paladin spell warding, having reserve magic just for tank spec would be a huge deal , even if just for themself not the whole group.
Eye Beam reduce CD:-
some sort of mechanic that let us reduce CDR on the ability by either every soul we consume reduce by 0.5sec or 1sec that way we have more uptime since Demon form is our biggest survivability.
Or 2 Charges of Eye Beam.
Blur :- we had on Beta and it made DH tanks feel great, either 1 or 2 charges of blur.
Soul Barrier:- Scales with vers and off the GCD.

Those Changes should make Demon Hunter Tanks almost as good as warrior tanks.

Druid Tanks:-
From what others been saying they need their mastery reverted back to what it was before nerf but even then they might need more, Druid tanks always been the high HP tanks and yet right now they are not the highest HP anymore, they need to be more beefy meat shield with maybe big increase of stamina boost.

23 Likes

Because people think the answer is to make prot warriors feel miserable rather than make the game fun for everyone else. The preference is to do the least necessary to bring tanks together. Instead of making the game better, they want to make it worse.

Edit: A second pass through talent trees could help other tanks. Add talents that increase defensive charges or piggyback other abilities when one is used. Warriors are fun right now because the talent tree actually works together, especially in regards to shield block and shield slam. Add interactions for tank defenses to make them play better.

Second Edit from responses below: See what I mean?

14 Likes

Druid Tanks , Monks, DH, and DK’s really need a buff ASAP.

5 Likes

Druids, at least, are getting a talent makeover on tuesday.

What did i ever do to Blizzard to get nerfed?

These posts about tanks in M+ are just getting old and stale. Yes, warrior is absurdly overturned right now, but if people stopped watching the top .5 % of players and just played the spec of tank they want to play rather than just parrot feedback from streamers, they would probably find all specs of tank are solid. Druid probably could use some love, sure, but all tanks can and are clearing 20s. Warrior skews the data because it is braindead to play and yields good returns, hence, the representation being what it is.

10 Likes

has nothing to do with streamers , it has to do with seeing all other tanks get 1 shotted in similar gear as warriors and warrior who pop no cooldowns survives just fine. watch the warcraft logs of damage taken.

3 Likes

They want everybody to reroll every time nerfs come around. The people who are good at picking up a new class will excel. Those who are not will be left behind in the dust. And the reward for being good at rerolling is unimaginable power.

Tanks already feel good, aside from Brewmaster. I don’t feel the need to be buffed for the sake of being buffed. Warriors being 4x represented in high keys means they need to be brought down, not the other way around.

5 Likes

if they get brought down then we are back to square one, warrior and paladins are in a great spot right now, but other 4 tanks are not, look at data on warcraft logs alot of people are rerolling warriors, instead of forcing people to reroll class they need to make all classes just feel as good as paladin and warrior.

What are you talking about? Paladins are 4th seed. If I am saying I am fine that means no one, but Brew and Druids are below.

Lmao, sometimes I wonder if people like you just post to increase their numbers. Smdh

what’s wrong with getting buffs? do you feel wronged some way? is the only way you can find satisfaction is to see someone else suffer?

2 Likes

We simply don’t need it aside from Brew and maybe Guardian, which are already on the way in 10.0.5.

Paladins are 4th seed. If I am saying I am fine that means no one, but Brew and Druids are below.

1 Like

Paladin is not 4th seed. Looking at raider.io is hard I know, but it might show you reality that doesn’t fit your narrative. Unfortunate, truly.

Look at tanks in timed keys +15 and up. Then look at timed keys +20 and up.

4th seed.
4th seed.

Or just look at the leaderboards lmfao

Prot paladins don’t even need to stack vers, all they stack is haste/mastery and they get a huge boost from mastery, not a luxury other tanks have, Brew and Druid Tank barely do 20’s , DK and DH struggle doing 20’s meanwhile paladin and warriors are doing it comfortably , same gear same skill level as those other guys, in a perfect world all Tanks should feel viable instead of always doing flavor of month rerolls and forcing people to regear a new character just to be able to be competitive .

1 Like

Or look at representation in multiple brackets.

1 Like

won’t you elaborate further? or do you think they don’t need buffs because they just don’t?