Mythic + Tanks state of the game

This is completely irrelevant.

No they don’t. LMAO.

3,314 DKs are doing 20s.
2427 DH are doing 20s.
2210 Paladins are doing 20s.

3 Likes

Yes, representation definitely equals balance right? Especially when you used high representation of warrior to imply they needed to be nerfed. What a clown.

1 Like

You are looking at the leaderboard page which is basically the same teams over and over again. What useless data are you holding up so high?

1 Like

Which is nice, but doesn’t address core problems of survivability for them. And will likely be out only talent pass for dragonflight. Historically, guardian barely gets dev time.

1 Like

Changing the balance of tank/dps/healers shifts the fun somewhere else (and because prot warriors are tanks, one would think that being nerfed makes it fun.) When things are harder, there’s more room for skill expression.

Here are the facts.

+15 keys and up:
Warrior: 34.8% 42,172
DK: 17.5% 21,192
DH: 16.2% 19,555
Paladin: 14.7% 17,827
Druid: 10.6% 12,810
Monk: 6.2% 7,517

+20 keys and up:
Warrior: 41.1% 6,939
DK: 19.6% 3,314
DH: 14.4% 2,427
Paladin: 13.1% 2,210
Druid: 6.2% 1,053
Monk: 5.5% 927
__
Stop spreading that nonsense that Paladins are next to warriors.

9 Likes

The main reason is that content is designed with a certain amount of self-sufficiency for the tanks in mind. If Warriors are performing above the curve there, then the correct answer is to nerf them, not to bring every other tank above the curve as well. Don’t forget that classes are balanced relative to the content and not just to each other.

While I can’t say for certain that Blizzard doesn’t want tanks to be self-sufficient as Warriors, all of the evidence I see points in the other direction.

This is a not a healthy reason to base balancing decisions on.

When did Blizzard add the mythic system to classic? Would it even be considered classic with this addition?

I thought you said All tanks were fine? also the data you posted don’t see accurate from numbers I seen on other sites.

Who cares … which tank you have doesn’t affect the outcome of the run as much as which dps you bring…

Brew is actually getting nerfed overall in 10.0.5 - the resonant fist damage reduction is massive, and even with the adjustments to the rest of the kit, it’s still a significant DPS loss.
The new talent is meh.
Moving stagger baseline is about the only thing they did, which, still really does nothing because you can’t even spec into your tree unless you take stagger lol.

Doesn’t matter much, Brew is still very good, it’s just underrepresented because the skill cap is considerably higher than other tanks.
People can’t seem to wrap their heads around the fact that a Brew is designed to take damage, it’s their job to smooth the intake. A brewmaster at 40 pct life with celestial brew up is better than a warrior tank topped with ignore pain on.

I said from the start that tanks are fine except Monks and maybe Druids. As a 4th seed tank, I don’t need buffs. Which means we don’t need to be buffed to to point of where Warriors are. Warriors need to be brought down.

3 Likes

I can tell you unequivocally, making things harder to achieve the same results is not fun.

2 Likes

Okay, let’s buff warriors so that they can one shot everything and make dragonflight feel like legacy content. Sounds pretty boring to me.

No one is saying buff warriors. We are saying buff others or change their toolkit to bring them to our level.

2 Likes

I’m saying what makes things fun is the lack of being overpowered.

Per whatever relative balance Blizzard decides. Being nerfed is fine (especially as a tank) because the lack of power is what creates gameplay.

1 Like

No, Warriors are the clear outlier here and should be brought down. Warriors are over twice represented over the #2 seed in high keys.

3 Likes

From a healing perspective, warriors are the least spiky tanks. Most of their “healing” is actually absorbs, which stops them dropping to near death… well, constantly.

DKs and DHs are basically self sustaining (at least from what I’ve seen) but it constantly feels like they could just have some damage variation, miss a gcd, and boom… dead.

Prot pallies are… okay. Feel kinda somewhere between warriors and DKs/DHs. Fairly self sustaining, even providing offheals to the group on occasion.

Monks barely exist, druid self healing doesn’t align with healerbrain of “keep everyone full because they could die at any moment”

Imo, nerf tank healing by 15-25%, and reduce their damage taken by 15-25%. Nothing actually changes, they just become more stable.

I’m assuming all these low post count avatars you’re responding to are trolling. Surely they’re not actually this clueless…right?

3 Likes

HAH, nerf tank damage taken by 80%, nerf tank healing by 90%. Makes tanks ‘easy’ to play, also takes the gameplay out of it.

I don’t think nerfing tank gameplay is the answer because there should be skill expression.