Mythic+ Progression Changes Now Live and More Coming Soon

I was genuinely perplexed by this post and I dug a little deeper.

How much did you pay for your heroic full clear? I’d think it was easy too if my corpse was carried across the finish line.

1 Like

What did peanuts ever do to you to deserve such grave insult?

3 Likes

Its too punishing. Deaths alone are already more punishing than any affix.

Thank you for the gilded change, this should help bridge progression for people. I still want to ask for the removal of tyrannical and fortified being merged on 10+. The reasoning is because it is stale and uneventful. Putting Tyrannical and Fortified together on a key does NOT add a new danger or some cool feature like in times past, it literally just makes your key +1. So if you are running a 10 your key is essentially an 11 now…etc. For season 2 I would love to see more imaginative/creative affixes that keep players engaged and dont just effect raw damage output/mob health. We already have that affix in moving between key levels.

1 Like

Oh, I was definitely not complaining at all. I was making fun of the fact that Blizz had to nerf Mythics just to shut people up about them. I’d be fine with them removing Mythic entirely, lowering the gear ilvl cap, and returning to the ICC style of gearing. You got one set, then you upgraded that set, and then you upgraded the final set which was the 25H gear. It was the last time I was heavy into raiding.

I think it is strange that portals and myth track gear are on the same level. I don’t care if it’s 5 or 15, meaning the difficulty isn’t so much as important to me as them being separate.

The reason is that the portal is one thing people care about, and the gear is a different thing. combining them can mean a divide between people.

I also think the achievement should be a level higher than the gear reward. Basically, that there is something to use the gear for, for people who care about using the gear to get further achievements.

Therefore, I think either change the myth track reward to 9 and keep portals at 10, or keep myth track gear at 10 and make portals awarded at 11. I am guessing a majority of the players will prefer 9/10 over 10/11 but there will be some sweats arguing for 10/11

1 Like

This is a step in the wrong direction. Crests should be the consolation prize (bad luck protection) for not getting loot, used to craft or upgrade to the level of items that drop in that content, not further. The current M+ system devalues item drops because crest rewards (and vault) are overtuned.

• You should never get mythic-track crests from content that drops hero gear.
  • You should never get hero-track crests from content that drops champion gear.
  • You should never get champion-track crests from content that drops veteran gear.
  • You should never get veteran-track crests from content that drops explorer/adventurer gear.

If too many people are finding M+9 too difficult, the solution is to adjust the difficulty, not make them grind M+8 to upgrade their hero gear to 6/6.

1 Like

Not enough. Every single weekly affix is complete, irredeemable garbage.
You also nerfed the spears in Necrotic wake. Again. What is wrong with you? Actually?

1 Like

If you can’t do 10’s at effectively 626 ilevel after getting your gilded crests, I am actually afraid you dont’ deserve to be in 10’s and have never touched a +20 in previous seasons ever.

1 Like

They also nerfed Stitchflesh massively in return.

2 Likes

If you can’t do 10s at 619, you probably shouldn’t be in 10s.

3 Likes

To be fair, these 10s are much harder than previous 20s.

It is definitely a skill issue if they can’t time them at 620+ though.

4 Likes

That may as well have been net neutral given you want to send all spears at once and blow him up.

There is probably a case for putting portals at 12s, since that is when the final “affix” (or affix removal) kicks in.

/runs away.

You should redo the entire dungeon system. These dungeons are awful.

Just make all dungeons scale to max level and be a viable part of the pool. It’s so simple.

The abomination doing 30% less damage is pretty huge. I had to do 1.5m HPS on that boss when I timed my 10.

So they just made it so that gilded crests drop from +8s instead of +9s while the rest of the 0.001% neckbeard m+ design is unchanged xd

Also overtuned NW 3rd boss gets a 30% damage nerf but spears no longer stack, amazing xd

We’re talking about spears and boss hp here.

Yes but it won’t be as deadly to take a bit longer on boss if the damage is lower.

Neat. Now increase NW timer by 5 minutes.

Being able to have 20 deaths and time SV and Asa Akira… meanwhile 4 deaths and your NW is bricked.

1 Like