Mythic plus ruined this game

Because it’s all PvE gear. It’s not a fundamentally different game mode like PvP is. The only concessions to the smaller scale of the content are usually things like big healer cds, which are specifically coded to do more healing when in a 5 man group vs their normal functionality in a raid.

Hard disagree. We’ve had some amazing dungeons in recent expansions

1 Like

It was like that in BFA as well, plus in BFA you had Titan Forged gear from vaults, so you ran 1 15 key and your done… people where saying that vault system was better in SL and on cuz you get all these slots but its just a scam that blizz made you grind more dungeons and raid bosses

2 Likes

Thought process of every low grade troll:

“M+ big popular topic. Me make post about it”

Y’all are so boring

6 Likes

You can still opt to only run 1 and get a vault reward.

Is it hard or is it not hard?

1 Like

Yes, increase raid rewards. And I say that as someone who doesn’t raid.

1 Like

Mythic keystones are a large part that kept me playing and is a reason I couldn’t stick with Final Fantasy XIV.

2 Likes

What does this have to do with M+ not being an endgame pillar? There are players who play M+ as their endgame mode without ever setting foot into raid.

And when Corruption came out in BFA S4, we had to run literally everything because that world quest ring that was 80 item levels below the rest of your gear with the right corruption was an upgrade for you…

It didn’t ruin the game. It changed what people are doing. Before it was either raid or run heroic dungeons. Now you can dungeon scaled to your skill level or raid even if you’re not good.

What ruined the game imo is the outdoor content is too easy and the leveling experience is poor. Making everything account bound and cross servers also didn’t help the game.

Basically everything out of instance ruined the game.

They should have merged the servers and left PvP servers seperate. Keeping things character bound helped make items feel more special to have hence the characters more important to people.

Stuff we did used to matter. It doesn’t now. You can start from scratch and it be the same in 2 weeks but less mounts.

If you are raiding then you should be doing everything you can to get better gear to support your team and make raids go smoother.

Even if M+ didn’t exist you would still have to run Normal/heroic/Mythic dungeons to get gear and possibly PVP.

I don’t understand all of the hate for M+ that I read on here some times. The vast majority of players love M+ for its shorter time investment and reward system.

I personally wouldn’t play wow or sub if there wasn’t M+ and I raid on multiple Mythic teams.

Perhaps the problem is that you don’t want to put the time in to raid with your team that your group expects? All the reward with none of the effort?

My suggestion is look at what you want to get out of playing the game and adjust your effort level accordingly.

3 Likes

If being competitive actually matters to you, then this is a non-issue, because you already have a solid pool of people reach out to crush some weeklies.

1 Like

M+ in generasl has ruined so much. early iterations wasn’t so bad but now dungeons are designed specifcally to be pains in the ars to navigate. routing in DF dungeons is just horrible, So bad that a return player like me simply refuses to even try to learn the content. It wasn’t nearly this bad in previous expansions. It has literally forced me to pivot to mostly PVP only until War within drops. Maybe it isn’t so noticeable to everyone who has played DF since the start as it is forced muscle memory now. But I have completely sidelined my tank because these dungeons are just absurd. Ruby life and Uldaman being the only 2 that are truly reasonable.

But I do agree that M+ has ruined the raid experience. I remember back in the good old days, Standing around in town with my awesome raid gear. Knowing that 75%+ of all players around me would never have it nor anything close to it. Now it is just an afterthought. Used to min max whatever fractional secondary stat difference it may have over an M+ Item. The entire game has become factory farmed and that stinks.

4 Likes

Nothing about dungeon design in expansions prior to mythic+ makes me think that mythic+ is limiting dungeon design.

If anything I think dungeons have only gotten more elaborate and work put into them since Legion, especially the megadungeons. At worst comparable to previous expansion dungeons.

The only other different dungeons were vanilla (non-expansion) which had some very large dungeons.

Perhaps I am wrong and will have to eat a giant plate of spaghetti as punishment

1 Like

I didn’t realize what was on the table, maybe I’m wrong as well then.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Ah the good ol days before m+

Log on, do your raid in one night, don’t play the rest of the week

Good stuff

1 Like

From your post, it sounds like M+ itself is not the issue. This is more of a vault issue and its lack of targetting certain loot.

No no no no. It’s obviously nerf DH.

Just switch out video for mythic plus and wow for radio star

And you’ve got your theme song op

1 Like