Mythic+ made WoW Pay to Win

• 423 Havoc DH.
  • No progress in raids, even LFR.
  • Only 1 M0 completed, over half a year ago. Didn’t even touch M+.
  • Out of 11 dungeons, didn’t completed 4 of them even on normal.
  • Level 1 legendary cloak. Probably only completed Visions once.
  • Neck level 48, so you are not even doing your WQs/emissaries.

I’m sorry, you are not a casual. You are either someone that just came back and didn’t like the changes or a troll.
If you want to complain about M+, you should at least complete one.

2 Likes

Citation needed. Show us the data on people purchasing carrys to gear up please.

Buying a 15 carry every week will not make you able join a 15+ and pull your own weight in a pug. When people see your crap dmg they are going to notice all your runs are with 2.5k+ players.

1 Like

rofl - play the game, get gear, be better at the game. play2win

2 Likes

Not saying I agree that M+ makes the game pay to win, but I still don’t understand the rationale behind the way M+ is currently designed.

• You finish a run, on-time or not, and you get a chest at the end (most of the time with no actual loot).
  • At the start of the next week, as long as you ran something (on-time or not) you get loot from a higher item level tier than the loot you could’ve gotten from the dungeon.

The dungeon loot is basically irrelevant - which I really don’t understand. And ultimately completing a dungeon on-time isn’t worth a ton of value.

1 Like

You’re trolling, right? Please tell me this is a troll post. 12’s are so ridiculously easy and they reward 460 gear. Nobody I know runs meta comps in anything under a 18, and if they require anything remotely meta 15 and under they are probably groups you wanna avoid.

IN FACT, I would go farther and say I’ve had 100x better runs in the lower levels with the super non-meta classes. They’re usually a lot more familiar with their class than the FOTM players who reroll every tier. Even with much lower IO.

Even at the moderately higher keystone levels (18-22) I still tend to avoid meta classes as much as I possibly can. It feels like every possible toxic “I’m better than you” player migrates to the new powerful meta class tier to tier. I always give it a 50/50 shot that said meta class is an intolerable elitist.

1 Like

I went from 435 to 450 in two weeks. Mainly by myself.
Your argument is completely invalid.

2 Likes

Had me in the first half, not gunna lie.

I think the amount of gear that M+ offers is generally unhealthy for the game, simply because it trivializes any sort of gear acquisition but the extreme high end, and Blizzard leaving the M+ meta relatively stagnant is another extremely fair criticism, especially if you’re playing a class that hasn’t been strong in M+ all expansion.

But making it P2W? Gotta disagree there. Carries would exist regardless and all M+ did was move the market out of the more traditional Raid/Arena carries and into Dungeons.

And even with the proliferation of carries, gearing a new character is still pretty easy so long as you’re willing to put the effort into actually forming a group.

If your guild isn’t running keys every week you may want to explore other options. I find guild runs or runs with people you know are the best way to avoid dropouts mid run. My group is pretty average but we do pretty okay. Just takes level heads, trusted peeps and maximum effort.

1 Like

Why does everything resort to purchasing a carry? Are you not competent enough to form your own groups to farm gear?

1 Like

Lots of people sign up to a key. I tested this last season by listing a 10 under rot and in under 2 minutes I had more than 20 applicants including 2 tanks and a handful of healers. Now they could all have been 4k io mdi competitors but still all but 4 would have been declined. Every one of the. Was 7 times as likely to be declined as they were to be accepted. That’s just maths.

1 Like

The only appropriate response to this thread is: lolwut?

2 Likes