Mythic+ made WoW Pay to Win

Thank you for seeing my point.

It’s an oversaturated market. Carries are the only ways they know how to make gold, and there’s an insane level of competition. They’ll only see sales spamming day and night, or a buyer will just go with any other group.

You can easily get to 440-445 ilvl with world quests + emissaries + the new/reused zone assaults. I know, I freshly geared a horde character to that without even doing weekly events or warfronts.

That is normal raid ilvl, so you should be able to get into any content at least at a certain level with that.

Yea…that’s just not true at all. Exaggerations won’t help your case.

You’re manufacturing a problem to try to say there’s a different problem.

There’s def truth to this statement. I hope in Shadowlands with decrease in loot drops (and hopefully M+ ilvl) helps.

2 Likes

Carry offers exist because suckers and lazy players will pay for them rather than doing them themselves, which is an entirely possible and achievable path that is open to everyone willing to put in the effort.

Feel free to keep whining about it if you want, but you could have been queued for a M+ dungeon in the time you’ve been having a tantrum in this thread, and have been making progress toward improving yourself rather than finding something or someone else to blame.

this druid is a week old

she has had war mode enabled for her entire existence

she had no io whatsoever

somehow i made a m0 group, got a key, ran that key, and pushed it to 9 and i intend to get the 10 done before reset

you don’t have to “buy carries” to progress. you have to play the damn game.

5 Likes

Blizzard removing tier sets caused that.

1 Like

Meta usually, at least from what I can tell, only becomes a problem at around +20, which don’t come up very often in the group finder anyhow.

i want tier sets back like they were. Azerite took 3 spots tier took 4 but it felt so good once i got that 4th piece. Grabbing more azerite feels like a chore not exciting at all. Not to mention they nerf the effects at will UG. Benefit of tier also was that mythic plus means nothing. If you want that power you are going to raid so THERE LOL.

Thorgrim, i am not worried about MY ilvl. I left at the beginning of 8.3 and came back just now. I have 12 characters out of which my main is about 440 ilvl even tho I’ve been gone for the better part of 3 months. Im working from home with enough time to pick up my slack in all of them if I so desire, and in fact I have been doing that somewhat (even tho i will most likely let my sub lapse till pre-patch).

The thing is, the mechanics behind gearing has been fundamentally damaged by stat inflation of mythic plus. It isn’t healthy for the game. That is my point.

You couldn’t be more wrong and you couldn’t be further from the truth. I have done literal 1,000’s of mythic+ runs of the since legion and the vast majority of players are doing it with pugs.

To your ridiculous point as well, how is this ANY different then when people paid to get into raids? None… The same people that are buying M+ runs are the same people who were buying raid runs. It’s no different. M+ didn’t make it more accessible.

To that, who cares. Getting gear doesn’t make you good at this game. It supplements ability you already have. I have seen plenty of 475 equipped players who are terrible. Can’t even do 40k dps. Can’t clear heroic. Can’t clear +15’s. etc…

Delusional players like you will always be on the outside looking in. No idea how the system works and anyone who has an advantage you’ll just cry they bought it.

this is all you had to say, because instead of saying this clear and correct point you bloat your OP with “lel you just buy carries because M+ is such easy gear”

To a point but even with tier sets M+ highest ilvl is 465 (from drops) which means at least in ilvl doing an M+ is a gigantic benefit to other aspects of the game that aren’t M+

That means that if one doesn’t enjoy M+ but enjoys other aspects, one is at disadvantage.

People saying “just do the work and play through M+” don’t realize not everyone enjoys to do that only to then be competitive in the actual content they enjoy.

All because M+ is pretty much an infinite gearing system that can make people gear way faster than they ever could in other expacs.

1 Like

Just get good and you don’t have to buy keys.

How much do these boosts cost

far too much for you to actually gear through if you’re not wealthy irl or an AH baron, friends of mine actually sell those carries to fund their guild consumables and they are not cheap

You forgot to add ‘In my opinion’ to the end of that.

Your complaint is entirely subjective and your argument is flawed in the extreme. just because many players dont want to put in the effort to gear up doesnt mean they’ve been funneled into shoveling their money into Blizzard’s wallets.

Why does this matter?

Do you play to be better than other people or because you enjoy running Mythics at your own pace, level, and skill?

kinda rich a DH is complaining about m+ meta.
Also double rich that a horde is crying about warmode

1 Like

K, next time ill post from my worgen druid. Sorry, I keep on forgetting that GD is unable to see a message without looking at the sender.