Mythic+ made me quit

toxic player…

A problem exacerbated by M+.

Do you just pull this stuff out of your butt?

Not really, and I can deconstruct it for ya’:

• Gamers
    For this I will refer to Steam’s genre of “rogue-likes”, other genres like “dungon crawlers” also work but this is just to demonstrate the general principles behind this, and when sorting from top rated in rogue-likes we get:
    Dead Cells, Hades, Hollow Knight, Elden Ring, Vampire Survivors, Risk of Rain 2, Slay the Spire, Dark Souls 3, Enter the Gungeon, Inscryption - some of these have a siginifcantly different gameplay loop that we can disregard them but the mentality of “do it again but harder and with slightly different circumstances” is a very popular and famous genre of games (and this is before we include Blizzard’s own Diablo franchise)
  • Psychologists
    Now this one is a bit of a weird one, I will grant you that but … when people describe games like WoW with its reward structure we act like rats looking for cheese, and that’s by design and a good thing
    Humans are creatures of habit, we love to learn and to grow but by and large we have our particular fields that we are comfortable in and stay within’ the realms of those habits - if we find something that gets us to the cheese, we’ll do more of that
    The way M+ is designed is via the same gameplay and reward structure we have from raid and basically any form of game that has a “reward”-element, and we like rewards; the whole “I see big numbers” is intentional and M+ is designed to maximize the availability to do that in WoW from a PvE perspective, or to put it another way …
    We can raid every day now’a’days rather than just once or twice a week - and that’s essentially the full extent of what M+ actually entails and boils down to
  • Sociologists
    This is similar to the psychologist angle but slightly different because this angle deals more with ideas such as “rankings” and the like - again, humans are creatures of habits … but we are also VERY competitive overall
    M+ from a sociologist perspective would be to analyze how we interact with rankings like Raider.Io scores, the official M+ in-game score, as well as KSM, the mounts, portals, etc.
    Precisely none of this is inherently bad and its important to note “inherently” here because the perception of these things is what people make out of them - folks who go on trolling tirades against M+ want to drive these things as negative and really, really bad for the game and something which is unnatural and all of that … whilst ignoring that we as players instigated addons like Gearscore back in the day and have perpetuated these things for as long as the game has been around
    M+ simply adds additional content, more PvE, and a slightly different but still similar gameplay loop - almost universally those who say that M+ is toxic are the ones who promote toxicity and then connecting that to M+ in order to try to justify their position

So… no, I don’t actually pull this stuff out of my backside
A majority of gamers, psychologists, and sociologists would agree that M+ is good for the game, and quite fun
I will admit I have no hard evidence for it, but everything I have said is backed up by science and then extrapolating that to WoW, M+, and games overall

1 Like

This, all of this!!! Preach!!

I’m no, this is just your opinion, and you backed it up with a giant word salad of poor examples.

I kind of feel bad for you, you have completely drank the Blizzard kool-aid here.

M+ is good for Blizzard, because it allowed them to recycle a very narrow set of content in the game.

I get that people like M+, but to pretend that everyone loves it, is just being silly.

If this system was so great, why aren’t the other big MMOs copying it?

sounds like the people have spoken, they prefer m+ over raiding which should be no surprise to anyone.

hop in any time you want vs scheduled playtime with far more people that can screw things up

Fixed it for ya’
Disagree with me all you want but you can start by refuting the points made, else there’s no point in responding

Yes, which means more content for us players - both new and old

Agreed, which is why I said “a majority”, which is entirely correct - everyone doesn’t love it, but you can’t find anything in the entire universe that everyone would agree on

Insert Pineapple on Pizza-meme here

Because other MMOs aren’t built like WoW, both to WoW’s benefit and detriment
New MMOs have to be built like singleplayer games in which other players are effectively a type of more interactable NPCs or combat encounters - the last time another MMO tried to go for the PvE-schtick that WoW has … well, that game was called Wild Star and is infamously unknown due to the insane flop it was

For PvE in MMOs you have World of Warcraft … and nothing else - that’s why other MMOs don’t have a PvE system like M+, but from what I have heard folks talk about there are apparently some degree of replayability systems for dungeons or the like in FF14 and ESO, but I have no idea what those are - I have just heard folks make those claims in passing whilst trolling on these forums so I assume they have something but no idea what that would be

Wildstar is what happens when you delete LFR to heroic raiding, and all dungeon difficulties aside from leveling dungeons and m+25.

1 Like

What mechanics does it have that mythic plus doesn’t have?

Meteor soak, dodge, kite, debuff clear, spread, soak, pull.

The only thing it has M+ doesn’t is a tank swap, they’re literally all the same mechanics.

“Mythic plus has less per fight!” - Yes, it also has 1/4 the people and resources.

By the time you’ve done a full dungeon vs. 1 boss though, M+ mechanic volume and knowledge base has dunked on raid.