Mythic+ Loot Changes

The systems wouldnt have to be identical. And I am not asking for preferential treatment. I could care less about coming into mythic raid outgearing the people who do it all the time; what I dont like is a mythic raider coming into dungeons with an innate advantage, because they have more time than I do. Why do they get better gear? Well obviously because they were more disciplined in highschool, so they get a better real life job than me…

But as someone who has done pretty high level raiding, and done pretty high level m+… the first three bosses dont compare in difficulty to a +20. The only way they compare… as mentioned, is more taxing social requirements . Which is one of the things I don’t have patience for lol.

1 Like

Can you critique what i’ve proposed?

Yup I can confirm this, there isn’t any reason at all to run old raids outside of the mount chance anymore. I ran a ton of them, got 1 loot drop. Gold farming in them has been destroyed and so has transmog farming.
As far as Mythic+ nerf, its terrible decision. Yes raids are nice but having to commit 5+ hours a night to a raid, and even several nights a week in the hopes of getting just 1 piece of gear (probably not even an upgrade) is horrible, Mythic+ offered a way to enjoy end game and loot without the insane raiding requirements.

I suspect this is a timing change more than any real “making getting an upgrade worth more”
They want people to gear up way slower than in BoA, so we don’t eat through content as fast. This is normally done when they have less content planned for an expansion.

agree, having to make a dedicated night of pain for several hours, remove the enjoy of login in, run one or 2 mythic call it a night and going to the family, even today at the end of the expansion people in LFRaid are still messing up bad, people not killing the adds, putting pool under the tanks, standing in front of the boss etc… mythics since they are timed can easily get more complicated than raids. plus you dont have to be joining freaking discord all the time and have to be hearing people complain, every wipe

1 Like

Well, I’m glad we’ve established that M+ is more convenient, faster to do, and easier than raids.

What I’m NOT getting is why it should give comparable gear, in that case.

2 Likes

From a skill stand point most of mythic raid is not harder, especially the first three bosses needed to get the cache.

Heroic is not even close. My first heroic kill on both my toons this patch was Nzoth. It took me a total 8 attempts combined with my dh tank and rogue.

Take it up with the people who posted above me, then.

Spot on analysis.

SL is going to be a SH*TSHOW.

we mention convinient yes, since they can be done any time, easy to find a group to do it since you only need 4 more, we never say easier, and that will depend on the number of the mythic, a 15 does provide a good challenge, that been the highest reward cap, after 15 you don’t really get higher gear, more preparation as well, potions, routes, trickts to by pass packs, get the exact percentage and nothing more etc…

Lol.

It’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Actually, you did, in your post I replied to.

Which does what exactly for M+ again?

Thats right…nada…zilch…squat…nil.

It helps PVP centered players, but does nothing for the M+ crowd. You could argue they’ve had it too good on gear…and I’d be inclined to agree, however I also think raid drops should be similarly nerfed since raiders also have access to the Great Vault for their gear.

IF we are going to the 1-2 prices of gear per week model…then we should go to that for everyone. So 20% chance in the instance reguardless of the number of bosses, which would be, what, 2 drops total for a full clear 10man run, No mounts/titles/cosmetics until the end of the tier, and we’re going to randomly add to the mechanics of each boss and all trash weekly. That sound about right?

Oh and we’re going to add a currency as a safety net, but the gear on that vendor will have randomized stats and it will require approximately 156 hrs of raid time (assuming 1-2 bosses per hour) to get enough currency to get one peice, with the correct stat combination and Ilvl to actually do you any good.

Sound good to you?
Does to me.

Actually it doesn’t…because I think everyone should be able to completely gear up in the venue of their choice…with out being forced to cross-over.
Some people like to dabble here and there.

Some people have no problem no lifeing the game.

Some people spend over 100 hours at work per week without a computer or decent internet access.

They all have one thing in common…
At the end of the day (week in some cases) they have a few hours to put into a game that they enjoy…and they should be able to get gear and cosmetics doing the activity they log in for without being forced into what they don’t want to do…just to play the game they pay to play.

I think get rid of this loot box madness, go back to drop tables and give people rewarding progression in all these different little niche endgames the Blizzard has created…if not enough people are raiding…thats a problem with marketing really…not even with the content…I haven’t been excited about a boss since Deathwing burned down Orgrimmar…just don’t feel a need to beat my head against a boss with 25 other people to kill any of these guys recently…and that’s Marketings problem. Forceing people into the content for loot isn’t going to fix that issue. Especially when they have historically had less schedule intensive options, that promoted equal gearing on a more flexible schedule.

We’re not 15-25 year olds now, on average we’re in our 30s-40+…and we want to play the game, the way we always have been able to…until blizzard decided to tell us we were playing wrong if we don’t do x,y,and z content in their specified manner on their specified schedule.

At the end of the day what I actually want is raiders, M+ers, BG runners, and Arena Junkies to have all the gear they could possibly want…on their own schedule…without all this BS of well we want everyone to play every part of our game…in an MMORPG…your not going to get that. Some people have the time to invest…some don’t…they both pay to play and should be treated equally.

Time will dictate the speed they gear up at all on its own without blizzards help. There will always be PVE content droughts…thats the nature of anything that is static, and Blizz should not be making decisions on loot…or anything else really…based on how fast they can produce static content vs how fast the playerbase consumes it. Those that have the time to spend are going to consume it faster and should be rewarded for it…those who don’t will consume it slower and should be rewarded for it as well, not punished for it by lack of reward for their time investment.

2 Likes

Raid drops are being nerfed, according to Ion.

1 Like

I’ll believe that when I see it lol. He’s a lawyer at heart…don’t trust him further than I can throw him.

But like I said I hate seeing all this crap with loot and gear going on…I think the PVP community has been railroaded for 4 years for no good reason, and now its happening in M+ for no good reason. If they do nerf the raid drops…its for no good reason since they shouldn’t be screwing with what works and makes the players feel good about their progress to begin with.

Bad days happen…bad luck happens…we don’t need blizzards help to make them happen in the game.

1 Like

I think the key is to step back and consider SL is a new game. Not BfA again, but something different.

The loot funnel is less, but (in theory) so is the RNG. Those 2 things were tied together - the reason we go so much gear is because a vast majority of it was junk.

So if they do give us less, but useful stuff, it should work out.

Regardless, I think we should approach SL as something different and see how it goes. The measure is: 12-14 weeks in, are you geared up or not? If not, then yeah, that’s a fail.

That is what I’m actually doing. I plan on giving it an honest try. But shadowlands seems to be pushing things I don’t enjoy and making it more difficult to access the things I do enjoy. eg Grindy systems of boring gameplay in order to have the necessary gear for the parts I do want to play. It makes me sad, because I love this game, but fear this will be the least enjoyable expac yet.

I took a notable break in bfa, for that exact reason, if I have 7 hours of time I can play in a week, I don’t want to spend 6 of those hours doing my WoW chores lol.

1 Like

I really dislike the whole “M+ can’t reward good gear because it’s spammable” mentality.

I like M+ because I don’t have to structure my life around being available for the same 8-12 hours every week.

Maybe it’s unfortunate for Mythic raiders that doing M+ might reward them with good gear, but I’d really like to be able to progress my character through M+ so I can run higher M+ keys. SL won’t really be like that; I’ll be relying on a single item of gear each week to progress my character, while Mythic raiders can acquire better gear much faster than I can.

1 Like

M+ is the fastest way to gear in the game, that’s why Mythic raiders will be spamming M+ when it becomes available.

1 Like

I’m aware, I just don’t really care. Cap keystone levels for a month to limit the top guilds if you have to. I’d just like to be able to get strong gear for M+ from doing M+, at least on a more timely basis than 1 item per week (which is likely less than 1 upgrade per week).

1 Like