Mythic+ Loot Changes

Who cares? All the people freaking out about the ilvl of vendor trash that drops at the end of M+ dungeons, it seems.

That’s what this is all about, after all. They lowered the ilvl of the vendor trash and people are acting like it’s the End of the World.

1 Like

Eh. One item, per week, and there’s probably some BIS gear from raids because of higher item levels on the last few bosses and powerful trinkets and weapons (which is likely less of an issue for the first raid). The lack of optimization becomes more important if you want to push keys higher.

You’re not dumb, you know what I mean here.

1 Like

M+ offers much better itemization because it offers many more available stat combos. Raiding only offers 1 or 2 stat combos, many of which are Worst In Slot for many specs.

The thread that Argorwal started last week was trying to call attention to this disparity, about how raiders will continue to HAVE to run M+ in order to get properly itemized gear. But then one of the blues posted in his thread and it instantly turned into M+ players complaining that they need yet more loot.

Raiding offers 233 items, typically some BIS items in certain slots, and the chance for receiving more than 1 piece of loot per week. It’s not really comparable.

Gearing up to do high keys as a player who doesn’t do Mythic raiding will be marginally better in SL, because of the changes to the Great Vault. But you’re still going to be taking a long time to get there. And you’re still going to be missing some power because of superior raid loot.

My concern, as someone who’d like to start doing high keys in S1 Shadowlands, is that I feel like I’m still pushed into becoming a Mythic raider even if I have no desire to do Mythic raiding. And less desire to rearrange my life to fit raiding into a schedule.

1 Like

I would direct you to his thread.

You know who else takes a long time to get there? Mythic raiders.

1 Like

The shared vault should help with this. Three groups of people can now limit themselves to the parts of the game they want to play, and get the gear they need: raiders, M+ players, and arena players. They might not get BIS, but they can get the gear they need.

There may still be excessive grinding in the rest of the game, but it won’t have anything to do with M+ itemization.

Exactly - and that’s the killer argument against the “loot funnel” - BfA was still terrible, even with gear coming fast and furious - they found ways to make us grind, make us to un-fun things, just to “earn” the occasional fun things.

BfA was so bad that I honestly think SL couldn’t be worse, even if they tried.

You can earn receive meaningful loot from raiding itself, plus you get roughly 2 Mythic raid level loot choices from the Vault, plus you get the M+ loot choices. It’s a substantial advantage. And still, the superior item level and trinkets/weapons. There’s a very significant advantage to being a Mythic raider in M+. I don’t understand why you’d dispute that point.

I see. So although your cookie is delicious, you’re upset because Timmy’s has 2 more chocolate chips than yours.

If you want to be obnoxious about it, sure. I want to not feel like I’m at a disadvantage in M+ if I’m doing M+ but not Mythic raiding. This is a cooperative multiplayer game and what other people have is relevant. Especially for pushing endless scaling content.

1 Like

I want Blizzard to stop tuning Mythic raids on the assumption that we’re spamming the hell out of M+, so we aren’t forced to do so.

2 Likes

Like I said, I wouldn’t mind if Blizzard capped loot rewards from higher keystone levels for the first month. By then the serious guilds will be done progressing, and many of the rest of the guilds will at least be decently geared already.

1 Like

Nah, needs to be a participation lockout, like raiders have to deal with. Each dungeon once per week.

Oh, and linked ID’s, so you have to run with the same people all the time. Fair is fair.

Like, idk, I like that Blizzy has made it a little not sooo oriented around loot, rather than just playing the game… People like, seem to think just having good gear makes them better players, but it doesn’t at all… That’s why raiderio is so big at the moment, is bcus ilvl literally means nothing anymore… Yeah, having a high ilvl helps, but, like, if you don’t know what you are doing, it shows alot… So… idk, don’t base everything on gear!?

M+ gear being lower the heroic is simply ridiculous, doing a +15 during the first few weeks is insanely hard. Also the M+ pushing community is as big as the Mythic raid community why are we getting punished?

1 Like

Because Blizzard only considers M+ as either a pastime for raiders, or as an activity for raiders to gear up. The way we had to beg for affixes is a good example of that.

1 Like

Speaking of itemization, the Castle Narthia loot table is severely lacking in secondary stat combos.

For example shamans (mail) have 5 slots that the raid only has 1 secondary stat combination for.

It only has 3 rings. Etc.

So BiS will be a mix of both.

3 Likes

Haha I missed this post when I just commented again.

Right now BiS will likely be mixed between them.

Is that good? Who knows.

It’s more likely “here are the items, go forth and play however you want.”

1 Like

And it will depend somewhat on your class/spec’s stat weights, too. Some classes have their stats very evenly balanced with each other, so between those weights and the DR changes, there may be very small deltas between different gear sets in SL.

Of course, there’s also some classes for whom Mastery is the plague, or Haste is the only meaningful stat, and so on. And they won’t experience the same gearing situation.