Mythic+ Loot Changes

I don’t rely on “do you know someone”, and instead prefer hard data that has been meticulously collected, described, and shown the methodology… Blizz doesn’t release this data, so it’s up to people like shown above to have this.

You’re probably having a little bit of recency bias going, by where your loot doesn’t feel like ~X% because you can’t get the thing you’ve been after.

HIS SAMPLE SIZE IS SEVEN CHARACTERS.

Give me a break.

Thousands of data points create statistical samples that can generally be understood to be useful. Sorry man/mam, I’m just not with you on this. I’d rather look at data packages than anecdotes. Which I believe to have been shown above, clearly

Edit, and last note on this w/ you: It’s (boss kills) been observed over thousands of times per expansion, with the outcomes noted. That’s statistically significant, given we have nothing else to go on but anecdotes

Correct me if i’m wrong, but if you kill one mythic boss, you get the chance for loot and one guaranteed mythic piece from the weekly cache. whereas m+ would have the same cache but only a chance for a 210 piece.

Yes, but they’re tossing raiding into the vault stuff because they’re reducing the amount of loot that will drop in raids, in Shadowlands.

1 Like

No, it’s been stated that change is due to the removal of coins.
Edit for sauce:

I thought it was 3 raid bosses for a cache option last time I saw

1 Like

This is like Blizzard giving the “vendors” people the finger - which, granted, I fully expected, which is why I argued against vendors. What people wanted was vendors that would allow you to save up currency from random battlegrounds and buy mythic raid equivalent gear. These vendors only allow you to buy trash gear.

I’m one of those people who ultimately want gear for PVP - specifically, world PVP and battlegrounds. Here’s what I’m feeling forced to do for PVP gearing:

1. M+. I can potentially get mythic raid quality gear in the vault, and it will certainly be very easy to get heroic raid quality gear there.

2. Raiding. I can do pickup raids and get heroic raid quality gear on a weekly lockout.

Rated PVP isn’t even on the list, because (1) to do rated, you have to use a FOTM spec, and those specs aren’t usually what’s fun in world PVP and battlegrounds, and (2) to do rated, you have to use a very specific play style that depends on very specific 3 person team compositions, and those play styles aren’t very useful in world PVP and battlegrounds.

This is Blizzard giving the finger to the vast majority of the PVP population, yet again. Maybe Blizzard is so clueless about PVP that they don’t even realize what they’re doing, but that’s what they’re doing.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on M+, but I just couldn’t let the PVP gearing misconceptions pass.

Since bonus rolls were trivial in the first place, the actual loot reductions in raids is probably the more salient factor.

Ah, see that’s the problem. By PvP we mean, of course, Rated PvP. You can’t expect to get i226 gear by running random BGs and ganking questers in The Maw. Shadowlands 100% allows you to BiS gear for PvP THROUGH PvP, which is ultimately what PvPers have been asking for a long time. Naturally, the caveat is through rating.

If you want to gear through dungeons you can get about i160 through Normal dungeons. You can’t complain that you have to push +10s or higher for the “good gear” and can’t get it purely by doing Normals or Heroics with PuGs. “Good gear” is generally walled behind “challenging play” - this is true for most aspects of the game.

You will never be able to get great gear through “world pvp” and “battlegrounds”. I’d loathe to see the day you could.

This is correct.

The Dev decision-making feels like the below
M Raiders = Loot prog path
All else: Push Raid as your main content, for 213~220 gear. Then, side piece (once per week) M+ for weekly chance at same stuff M Raiders see drop nightly.

Exactly as it is now. Both are raider-only focused, with gimmicky sides tossed into other content. Incentivizes content other than raid, for maybe a maximum of 1 hour per week. Disincentivizes content for individuals most-interested in that content, as it is then suggested to drag through raid for loot.

Lastly: Requires raiding in all content, to remain even remotely within striking distance of others, and continuously influences the outcomes of other content based on raiding gear only leaking into that content and dominating over other’s skill (glad v M raiders head hunting in arenas / Q dodging)

you are right… though my point is still kind of the same. Getting the first 3 raid bosses on farm is waaay better than mythic + from a gear stand point. If you happen to get full clears its not close.

When I played mythic plus in legion I loved being able to be one of the best on the server without spending 6-9 hours in raid every week. With this last patch in BFA and going into Shadowlands I’m sad that my skill is no longer good enough. With having a family (and just not really loving it lol) mythic raiding isnt really an option.

Indeed. The PVP system is like if all gear were removed from raiding, and raiders had to get all their gear from M+. That would be great for M+ people but it would kill raiding.

Throughout BFA, we’ve been able to get heroic raid quality gear through world PVP and random battlegrounds. In most expansions, you’ve been able to save currency to buy BIS PVP gear without pushing rating.

1 Like

This is a helpful way to simply frame the itemization issues, be it M+ or PvP itemization, for their content of choice.

You’re missing the math on this, however. Being a guaranteed loot instead of a ~40% chance - is a buff to Raid itemization. No mention of boss drop chance nerfs, so we can’t make assumptions here.

I see this as a blanket buff to Raid itemization, that simultaneously reduces engagement in M+; which is fine, if raiders hate m+, I don’t think they should be forced to go that route every week (read: great to not force raiders to dungeoneer).

The problem, is, that buff is a relative nerf as well as the specific nerf to m+. It makes the progression of gearing incredibly more drastic to Raiders, than m+ or PvP. That is an issue, because for the seasons to remain untainted, players in both m+ and PvP are now even moreso behaviorally manipulated into raid content, to be able to stand even within a wide remote striking distance of raid itemization (which will overflow PvP and M+ systems)

Overall, I feel like Mythic+ ilvl should be scaled down at the low end and up at the higher end.

Right now:

• +5 is i194 gear
  • +10 is i204 gear
  • +15 is i210 gear

I think a better system would be:

• i185 for a +5
  • i190 for a +7
  • i195 for a +10
  • i200 for a +12
  • 215 for a +15
  • i220 for a +20
  • i225 for a +25
  • i226 for a +27
  • i230 for a +30

That would mean Mythic+ would be 100% competitive with raiding (both Heroic and Mythic) in terms of ilvl and theoretically be much faster because it’s not time-gated once weekly like raids are.

But man would you have to earn it.

1 Like

What you could do is cap loot to once per dungeon, and that would make it almost identical to raid.

1 Like

There are no assumptions here, Ion is on record saying raids will drop less loot in Shadowlands.

1 Like

No no no.

Not cap loot. Cap participation, like Mythic raids. You can only do each dungeon once per week.

Also, put all the dungeons on the same ID so you have to do them with the same people.

If M+ people want equal treatment, give it to them.

3 Likes

Oh god, the tears would block out the sun.