Mythic+ Loot Changes

Maybe if you kill no bosses. With PL, we’re averaging a 25% boss drop chance (sans coin). Full clear is, what 2 expected loot per week + now weekly chest guaranteed Vs 1/week (max) in other theaters

Nobody’s full clearing their intended difficulty the first week. Raiding involves progression - it takes months to full clear the raid.

1 Like

Hey, you brought up the math over and over buddy. Even if you knock down 1 boss, that’s a 25% chance over other theaters

Mythic raids should be the only gear that is the highest ilvl for end game. Heroic raids should NOT have a higher ilvl than its counterparts. Rated Arena PvP has a way higher skill lvl than Heroic Raids. This game should have craftable armour, heroic raid armour, PvP armour, and Mythic Plus armour that are all comparable ilvl, with just Mythic raids with the higher ilvl of them all.

The drop chance in raids is less than 25% per person. Stop quoting bad data.

1 Like

Sauce:

Read full post for methodology

You left out how you also get a 226 every week from doing those keys while someone raiding heroic can never get 226 gear from the raid.

2 Likes

It will literally be 1 upgrade a week from your chest unless you mythic raid or pvp at the highest level.

Mythic + item level EOD 210
Heroic Raid item level 213
Challenger pvp 1600 (I think) 213 (RNG end of match rewards)
Arena PVP 2400+ (I think) 226 (RNG end of match rewards)
Great Vault 226
Mythic Raid 226

It just seems designed to give every possible advantage to people who want to mythic raid rather than the vast majority of players, who demonstrably DON"T WANT to do that sort of commitment to the game.

Sup Argorwal!

Solid note, and math. The weekly M+ chest in it’s current design seems just a side piece for H Raiders that can’t knock down the first M raid bosses. Almost the same as a nerf parachute that comes out weekly to help pull players up the rock wall.

Would be helpful for Blizz to explicitly state this as the game design, instead of “Three parallel prog systems”

It doesn’t seem like three systems, just one that is held up by the crutches of other systems as needed.

Would love to see a re-balancing to make gearing challenging to all players in their theaters, and incentivize player engagement based on their interests.

1 Like

Yeah, right. Bonus rolls give loot 40% of the time, according to that. Do YOU know anyone who gets loot from bonus rolls 40% of the time? Because I sure as hell don’t.

2 Likes

I don’t rely on “do you know someone”, and instead prefer hard data that has been meticulously collected, described, and shown the methodology… Blizz doesn’t release this data, so it’s up to people like shown above to have this.

You’re probably having a little bit of recency bias going, by where your loot doesn’t feel like ~X% because you can’t get the thing you’ve been after.

HIS SAMPLE SIZE IS SEVEN CHARACTERS.

Give me a break.

Thousands of data points create statistical samples that can generally be understood to be useful. Sorry man/mam, I’m just not with you on this. I’d rather look at data packages than anecdotes. Which I believe to have been shown above, clearly

Edit, and last note on this w/ you: It’s (boss kills) been observed over thousands of times per expansion, with the outcomes noted. That’s statistically significant, given we have nothing else to go on but anecdotes

Correct me if i’m wrong, but if you kill one mythic boss, you get the chance for loot and one guaranteed mythic piece from the weekly cache. whereas m+ would have the same cache but only a chance for a 210 piece.

Yes, but they’re tossing raiding into the vault stuff because they’re reducing the amount of loot that will drop in raids, in Shadowlands.

1 Like

No, it’s been stated that change is due to the removal of coins.
Edit for sauce:

I thought it was 3 raid bosses for a cache option last time I saw

1 Like

This is like Blizzard giving the “vendors” people the finger - which, granted, I fully expected, which is why I argued against vendors. What people wanted was vendors that would allow you to save up currency from random battlegrounds and buy mythic raid equivalent gear. These vendors only allow you to buy trash gear.

I’m one of those people who ultimately want gear for PVP - specifically, world PVP and battlegrounds. Here’s what I’m feeling forced to do for PVP gearing:

1. M+. I can potentially get mythic raid quality gear in the vault, and it will certainly be very easy to get heroic raid quality gear there.

2. Raiding. I can do pickup raids and get heroic raid quality gear on a weekly lockout.

Rated PVP isn’t even on the list, because (1) to do rated, you have to use a FOTM spec, and those specs aren’t usually what’s fun in world PVP and battlegrounds, and (2) to do rated, you have to use a very specific play style that depends on very specific 3 person team compositions, and those play styles aren’t very useful in world PVP and battlegrounds.

This is Blizzard giving the finger to the vast majority of the PVP population, yet again. Maybe Blizzard is so clueless about PVP that they don’t even realize what they’re doing, but that’s what they’re doing.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on M+, but I just couldn’t let the PVP gearing misconceptions pass.

Since bonus rolls were trivial in the first place, the actual loot reductions in raids is probably the more salient factor.

Ah, see that’s the problem. By PvP we mean, of course, Rated PvP. You can’t expect to get i226 gear by running random BGs and ganking questers in The Maw. Shadowlands 100% allows you to BiS gear for PvP THROUGH PvP, which is ultimately what PvPers have been asking for a long time. Naturally, the caveat is through rating.

If you want to gear through dungeons you can get about i160 through Normal dungeons. You can’t complain that you have to push +10s or higher for the “good gear” and can’t get it purely by doing Normals or Heroics with PuGs. “Good gear” is generally walled behind “challenging play” - this is true for most aspects of the game.

You will never be able to get great gear through “world pvp” and “battlegrounds”. I’d loathe to see the day you could.