Mythic Keystone Great Vault Expectations

But the trinket hasn’t lost any value…

Already the case. Want to be good in season 1 PvP, start spamming M+ for gear so you can get rated. Can’t get rated PvP gear without 220+ PvE gear.

Yet that is the result of the game design. I never wanted to M+ but can’t hang in PvP with only honor/conquest gear. I don’t get to be above ilvl 200 without doing M+. I was forced into M+ content to try to be competitive in PvP…

You’re literally saying the devs don’t want what they designed. derp

1 Like

Here is why this is a stupid, stupid decision.

I am working on getting +11, +12, and +13s. All my gear is 213 or higher with the exception of 1 210 trinket. So Nothing that drops in dungeons is worth anything.

Anything I get from the vault is going to be just as good, if not better than what I could upgrade to.

This entire system doesn’t help me in the slightest.

2 Likes

You’re saying you can’t reach combatant which awards 207 gear, using your 200 ilvl unrated gear?

Going from eating human feces to dog sh*t can be considered an improvement by some people’s standard too, and for those people, it’s not horrible either :man_shrugging:

Yes. PvP is absolutely broken. It is not possible to use the unrated PvP gear to reach combatant. Even after outleveling the 207 gear I still cannot reach combatant.

Part of the problem is the meta, whack class/spec balance. The other problem is all the players who maxed out on PvE gear playing PvP. I don’t care how much versatility PvP gear has, ilvl 200 PvP gear cannot outperform ilvl 220 PvE gear, especially when against an OP spec. Then, PvE gear gets vers anyway.

Game is whack. They need to fix Season 1 before Season 2.

“You can have it all my empire of dirt”

All it does is make people re-farm for gear that will never drop, thus inflating time played metrics they can point at and show their board how awesome player engagement is

1 Like

“We can’t allow items obtained pre patch to be upgraded for “”“technical reasons””" that we can’t explain."

I guess it was too technical of you to set the system up to send us a copy of currently equipped items or ones in our bags via the mailbox and just let us destroy the old ones.

Or create a vendor that you can interact with and when you drag and drop a piece of old gear it destroys it and creates a new unenchanted copy of the one you just destroyed, except based on the new patch item database.

I mean, so many easy ways to handle this but “we simply just can’t do it”.

I mean, I hate to brag but my 10 year old is coding harder solutions than this (seriously).

6 Likes

Then you should extend the current affixes to next week.

That may be, but just keep in mind that if one player in a mythic plus group gets disgruntled, disconnected, or trolls, they can screw up the run for four other players and those four players have 1 hour (including search time) of their time gone POOF. Not saying there’s an easy solution but there should be a solution (maybe total redesign of Mythic plus)

I mean cool, then if you believe M+ is the equivalent to your analogy why are you on these forums or potentially playing this game?

If that’s how you feel then this change has nothing to do with you as your already didn’t like the content :man_shrugging:

It doesn’t make people do anything. Even with the upgrades the gear acquired from end of dungeon drops will never be the best gear players acquire.

If people choose to refarm that gear so they can upgrade it 3 - 10 ilvls then good for them, but you don’t have to do it lol.
Noone is putting a gun to your head and saying “do this or I shoot”

Anyone know if the requirements for 5 keys, 10 keys and 15 keys to upgrade ilvl 207, 213and 220 are account wide based on the achievement? Or is it per Character?

I have “The Proud” title across all toons. Does that mean my alt can upgrade to 213 gear as fast as I can farm the valor (if I have all +10 unlocked on my main).

I really hope so.

As if they will get the rewards that they want and not dupes :grin:

The change is horrendous, this system wasn’t needed, all they had to do was revert the mythic loot drop change and end of dungeon loot ilvl… but noooooo

Now we got this terrible system that won’t benefit anyone.

KSM doesn’t matter cause the loot upgrades go to 220, most mains have 226 anyway, as for alts, it will be the same deal…

Also inb4 “my alts”

Your alts will get very limited benefit, most of your alts will out gear the valor before u can actually apply it for most things.

It’s like Blizzard forgot to put “are you a stupid person?” as a question on the application for game designer when they were hiring.

If they had then none of these people would be designing the biggest mmo in the world.

Upgrading is a behind the progress nongrade.

At each level we’re already relying on vault drops that are above the level that can be upgraded.

never should of been toched in the first place. the loot should go back to what it was and i would be more than happy to just have that chest back and no vault. sometimes things just get worse never better.

I agree, people would be upset with the change but luckily this is just a mid patch and players will have a few months to get the grind ready for when gear gets better in 9.1.

Its a good change to allow casually upgrading gear in the future. I just dont understand why the requirement is so high to get the best, if you can do a +15 keystone (all eight) you probably don’t need this system lol…