Mythic Keystone Great Vault Expectations

This is another bad system to fix existing bad systems.

1 Like

Maybe. Iā€™m not a fan of the guy, but I donā€™t think anyone that works for Blizzard intentionally tries to piss off the player base. Or maybe they are sitting in their offices twirling their mustaches. I choose to believe the player base is pissed by default. At least the vocal ones/forum goers anyway. :wink:

I honestly think itā€™s a way to stretch out current content until the next content patch. But thatā€™s just a guess. If people have the gear they want now, and they could upgrade it after the patch, then what reason would they have to keep running that content?

1 Like

For me, Iā€™m pushing because of the affixes this week and how overtuned the other ones are in comparison, but thank you for the reminder. I donā€™t expect loot from the dungeons anyway. :laughing:

3 Likes

Wrong and much worse.

Itā€™s 750 per week and 1500 max on us at any given time, they are starting us at 5000 from week 1 so we can catch up to the PVP gear. After that, 750 a week for 2 weeks and if you do not spend it than you get nothing further.

The only small saving grace is that the cap increases each week the same as PVP. Still, imagine the honour cap combined with the conquest cap, that is valour cap, but you can only earn 750 a week max.

Getting loot is one thing, getting an upgrade from M+ is another story entirely. I Nothing at all in any M+ dungeon that drops from the dungeon is an upgrade anymore for me, I run M+ for the vault and other reasons, not the drops anymore since they do nothing currently.

Out of touch game devs.

2 Likes

ITT people whining cus they canā€™t understand why its a good idea.

I mean, lucky for you that you apparently have BiS I guess?
Most people would still be doing M+ anyway, in that situation itā€™s an improvement.

You donā€™t ā€œhaveā€ to regrind the same gear you know if you donā€™t want to.
Also again, you never had the option to upgrade them, the fact that you can require them and upgrade them is a benefit.
You are literally given access to something that was 100% impossible before.

It might not be as good as you hoped for, but it is still an improvement.

Also to point out, you need to be doing M+ in 9.0.5 anyway to get valor points, so you are either running them and getting tbe chance at the gear, or you are not running them and valor isnā€™t even a concern for you because you are not earning it.

So, what youā€™re saying is, Iā€™ve basically wasted my time trying gearing up to this point. Iā€™m going to have to start all over next week. Then again in a few months with 9.1?

Devs need to chill with progress resetsā€¦ Like, what am I working for if everything is made null before I get there?

2 Likes

because they didnt code them in that way.

How is this a progress reset?

If only they had access to be able to change that codeā€¦

2 Likes

Me either. Iā€™m literally at the point the only upgrades I can get come from the vault.

1 Like

If I want to use the valor system I need to replace gear. Itā€™s a progress reset to redo what Iā€™ve already done.

You may ask but you will not receive. They have indicated the conditions regarding Valor a number of times now so given how soon the patch hits, it is not likely at all that will be changed. They want players to regrind I guess. So unusual :sunglasses:

it might delay it to 9.1 but youā€™re crying now.

Ill give you an example. My brother ran mists 75 times for the trinket. Now, he needs to do it all over again. Im sure hes probably going to cancel til the next xpac if he ever comes back.

1 Like

Cache rewards are still 226 and have been since release, nothing has changed, if you were doing that content those rewards are still just as valuable.

If you arenā€™t timing 15s then it doesnā€™t matter because you still wonā€™t have access to the upgrades and your gear will largely stay the same.

All they are saying is donā€™t try and spam dungeons to get BiS so you can bulk upgrade them when the patch drops as it wonā€™t work.

The reason they arenā€™t doing it out the gate is because people would feel forced to rush into spamming keys. Thats not fun for the majority. Devs donā€™t want people to feel forced in order to be ā€œcurrentā€

Dear, Blizzard. Why though?

Glad I stopped doing mythics anyway. Oh. And I might have stopped playing retail at all these days. Patch coming you say? Oh well.