Mythic+ has probably damaged WoW worse than anything ever added

I don’t use the rio addon, but I do use the website.

The addon doesn’t substitute the website well.

1 Like

The “damage” of more content for players to enjoy at maximum level other than weekly lockout raids? Oh yes, the H O R R O R !

4 Likes

What about heroic raiding? I raid heroic with my guild o another server. If delves are another alternative to mythic keys, I’d gladly do them to upgrade my gear if they are fun.

1 Like

Every take as bad as the next. Just take an L for the day and sit the rest of it out

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that!

This forum is full of daily terrible takes. I sincerely hope they never read this forum for actual feedback.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the addon barrier to entry of . . . go to curse forge and download an addon.

So difficult for new players :roll_eyes:

you are out of your mind to say this when WoW pvp exists

I can’t get into anything higher than +4 without it. Unless my friends are on the same time I am.

lmao stop being so hyperbolic

4 Likes

Well that’s just simply wrong. The website tracks your progress whether you have the addon or not.

4 Likes

Why would delves do undo damage M+ caused? The only damage M+ has done is hurt upper end raiding… I don’t see how delves would salve that at all. Let’s proceed with your post and see where it goes though…

———

Uhh… I got to the end of your post and there was no follow-up. You just said things in your thesis statement, gave some context to setup an argument, and then just never gave an argument.

How do delves existing help mitigate the damage caused to raiding by M+?

It’s almost like rewards are the reason people do things :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

I won’t be one of “those people” and start sneaking through your name, Achv, etc …

… but your claim is false.

I’ve gotten KSM/KSH in every season since Blizzard put their own scoring system in.

You’re not getting into groups because of other reasons. RIO has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. People can see your score without RIO.

If you’re <2500 score (probably <3000!!) you DO NOT NEED RIO. To suggest otherwise is risible.

1 Like

But you can tell if a player has it on or not. I get invited more with the addon on. I barely get an invite to a higher key at all with it off.

Lol I don’t like M+ but this is like saying Raiding damaged WoW.

Uhh, that’s not true lol.

Maybe not exactly like M+, but other games 100% have challenge modes that exist for nothing more than to push your abilties and for bragging rights.

Most competitors I’ve seen have something like that for solo players, like how WoW is getting delves next expansion.

FF14 has what are called “deep dungeons”, which can be seen in a similar light as M+, they are pretty much done for cosmetics.

2 Likes

I can’t verify but pretty sure that’s wrong too. I have the addon and I don’t recall ever seeing if someone has the addon or not. And beside, what does it matter if a player with the ilvl and rating I’m looking for has the addon or not?

The reasons addons are necessary for raids is because the boss mechanics aren’t always obvious. The game isn’t very well designed, and that makes raids something scary to go into blind. I dont think the fault can be laid on the addons themselves or the addon creators, but blizzard for not designing the game well.

This is a consistent problem with blizzard that other games dont have an issue with.

I honestly think most problems people complain about on the forums are blizzard design problems that people blame the playerbase for. The player base actually reacts pretty logically when you think about it. Hard to read boss fights - Add On that makes it clear. Hard M+ Levels that makes it necessary to find only the best players - Addon to make it easier to find those players. PVP being unrewarding and a largely ignored game mode by blizzard - Everyone stops playing it.

Blizzard can solve all of its own problems by just designing a better game. Removing addons won’t make the game better, it will simply make the game more unapproachable.

1 Like

I tell you, without much doubt, that I would simply leave the game never to return if they removed addons.

3 Likes

you laugh except name 1 single person who is not using things like archongg where you find the best spec, bis gear, etc just to be able to be competitive with random average players so you dont get harassed for not doing as good as they are in meters

stalking me, yet again, to harass me, again, in another thread!

wild

welcome to ignore list weirdo

1 Like