Mythic+ has probably damaged WoW worse than anything ever added

I truly hope that delves will alleviate the damage mythic+ has caused to the game despite delves appearing to be just diablo 4 dungeons.

Mythic+ has hurt wow because it effectively killed off raiding and pvp. WoW pvp was pretty mid compared to pvp in other games but it was still pretty unique, if you have a craving for it you can’t get it anywhere else. Wow raiding was something no one could really experience unless you played wow, it is a unique experience with amazing encounter designs and stands out versus mountains of other pve games that are just run here aoe enemies and kite them.

The last few dragonflight mythic+ seasons have reached record highs while pvp and raiding are in a clear decline.

This isn’t fault to mythic+ players, if there’s 3 avenues to gear why would you not play the easiest avenue to welfare gear?

Mythic+ also being the premier end game pushes new player away, let’s say you join late in the season. No one is going to invite these new players to mythic+ where if they just got max level they can do lfr or easily find a normal raid where people are blitzing through it pretty easily.

I truly believe Asfrabi worst thing he did to the game wasnt the character assassination of Sylvanas, Burning the world tree, borrowed power galore or endless AP grinds it was mythic+ the system is so terrible that not a single wow competitor has implemented it

96 Likes

Sounds like it’s just your opinion. I love m+. And so does a lot of people. I can’t say I wouldn’t be playing anymore if it didn’t exist, but I would be playing a lot less.

83 Likes

Did you forget that Tindral and Fyrakk exist just this expansion? Not hardcore enough for you?

9 Likes

Gee if only guilds and friends were a thing.

26 Likes

I’m not enjoying mythic plus since Legion, but I do them anyways to upgrade my gear. It can be a miserable experience because of a multiple of things. I disagree they’re like Diablo 4 dungeons, the thing is they put so much goofy affixes in mythic plus it gets rediculous and tough to see mechanics at least on a melee toon. Diablo dungeons are fun because it’s made for that type of genre and you can just wreck everything.

6 Likes

It can be harder than you think. I used to say the same thing. But most the time my friends or guildies aren’t doing keys the same day and time I am. I got lucky last night they did a key with me after our raid.

11 Likes

Yeah people like free stuff, who could’ve guessed

8 Likes

WOW’s only competition is FFXIV.

catgirls are so terrible that wow has not implemented it.

5 Likes

I refuse to play final fantasy, it’s too weebish. And the races look goofy af. But to each their own I guess lol.

8 Likes

Imagine having a skill issue so intense you believe m+ killed the game, call it welfare gear and you truly believe no one wants to invite you. Hage you tried making your own groups?

25 Likes

The combat made me fall asleep several times. Its just not fun.

1 Like

addons, mythic+ (and its rating), and parsing have damaged WoW and its community permanently

17 Likes

You don’t think that maybe the reason people are doing more M+ than raiding or PvP is that it’s just more fun than those things?

17 Likes

lol… raid logging in warlords of draenor called.

4 Likes

m+ and raid are the only reasons why i play the game

5 Likes

Dont need to read the rest, 0/10 take.

21 Likes

Delves are like diablo 4 dungeons.

Not mythic+. Delves are the new content coming in Warthin

I’m talking new player experience if you just join wow, raids created an environment to make friends. Mythic+ doesn’t… it hurts the social element and people just like it cause it’s low effort welfare gear.

Mythic+ should give the worst end game gear in the game

1 Like

ah yes, weakauras vastly improve the game… right

it totally does nottttttt put a barrier to entry for new players… right… totally… parsing is TOTALLYYYYYY not toxic whatsoever

13 Likes

M+ is the most toxic form of content in any MMO ever. it breeds toxic players

28 Likes

They should make mythic plus gear heroic equivalent, so I won’t have to run them to upgrade my gear. Get rid of the carrot on the stick lol.

3 Likes