Mythic+ has probably damaged WoW worse than anything ever added

Raiding still gives the best loot in the game. People don’t high-end raid because of the difficulty, not the reward structure.

PvP has always been a side-game for WoW and never really seen much engagement outside of mandatory PvP for PvE questlines.

3 Likes

Lmao weakauras absolutely didnt kill the game. Impressive you didnt mention dbm. That’d make more sense. But no, im quite glad we have addons so i can fix the god awful stock ui and make it work to my preferences.

5 Likes

its not about ui. ui addons are not the problem

problem addons are like weakauras, dbm, bigwigs, raiderio

the barrier of entry for a new player is absolutely psychotic

4 Likes

the new ui they added eliminated my need for bar addons

3 Likes

and if the new players tries they get bullied off wow because of the toxic M+ community

6 Likes

I don’t think it breeds toxic players, it’s just a lot of toxic players are attracted to it. Full of elite jerks or baddies.

3 Likes

I don’t like ff either.

But there’s more wow competitiors like eso and destiny 2.

anything that has leaderboard esque numbers attached to it, like m+ score or raiderio will bring toxic players though

6 Likes

Its really not that bad. Its more about people refusing to even read a raid or dungeon that these addons came to existence, coming prepared for a raid? Heavens forbid.

1 Like

comparing the base game ui edit to weak auras is like comparing a clapped out honda to a fully customized lambo. they both will get you to work but one is much nicer than the other

2 Likes

but i dont care about the lambo. if u saw my ui you’d say wow you know how to edit a ui

1 Like

I heard this same thing in Wrath with Gear Score and the Sparkle Pony.

5 Likes

??? it absolutely is that bad what are you even talking about

for a player to be competitive with average others, they need to download 20349823 addons, weakauras, etc just to be MID or do average content. its absolutely absurd to say that weakuras, dbm, etc are not inherently just BAD for the game

5 Likes

If you really want to go that route you truly only need dbm. 1 addon. Not 10k. Rest is preference.

9 Likes

doubt it . i know what the base ui can do and its not impressive. it will get the job done for some people but i like the complete customization i can do with weakauras.

the problem is that you have to download any third party thing WHATSOEVER just to do normal content. you’re not understanding

2 Likes

It’s true that mythic+ is the fisher price welfare gearing system though, and I even enjoy mythic+.

But it’s rewards are pretty high for its lack of difficulty.

i bet your screen is 50% boxes

1 Like

lmao its an objective fact that weak auras allows you to do more with your ui than the base one will ever be able to do.

Put no rewards in it and no one will play it.

People will still play pvp and raids*

The welfare gear is the reason why

5 Likes