Mythic+ Has Hurt Raiding

Raiding in World of Warcraft has been a staple of the game since its inception. However, in recent years, the introduction of Mythic+ dungeons has had a profound impact on the raiding scene. While the Mythic+ system was designed to provide players with a more challenging PvE experience outside of raiding, its impact on raiding has been significant, and not all of it has been positive.

Mythic+ dungeons were first introduced in World of Warcraft: Legion as a way to provide players with a more challenging and rewarding dungeon experience. The system is simple: players complete a dungeon on a timer, with difficulty scaling up as the key level increases. The higher the key level, the harder the dungeon becomes, and the better the rewards. The Mythic+ system has been a massive success, with players all over the world enjoying the challenge it offers.

However, the impact of Mythic+ on raiding has been less positive. In the past, raiding was the pinnacle of the PvE experience. Players would spend weeks, even months, working on a single raid boss, coordinating with their guildmates and perfecting their strategies. Raids were a test of skill, teamwork, and persistence. But with the introduction of the Mythic+ system, raiding has lost some of its luster.

One of the main issues with Mythic+ is that it offers a more accessible and rewarding experience than raiding. Players can easily find groups for Mythic+ dungeons, even if they don’t have a dedicated raiding guild. The rewards for completing Mythic+ dungeons are also significant, with the possibility of obtaining powerful gear and loot that rivals drops from raid bosses. This has made raiding less appealing to many players, who feel they can get the same rewards more easily and with less commitment through Mythic+.

Another issue with Mythic+ is that it has led to a more individualistic approach to PvE. In a raid, players must work together to defeat bosses, coordinate their abilities, and execute complex strategies. But in a Mythic+ dungeon, players focus on their own abilities and performance. There is less emphasis on teamwork and more on individual performance. This has created a divide between players who prefer one playstyle over the other, and has led to many raiding guilds struggling to retain their members.

,Mythic+ has led to a lack of focus on raiding content. With the constant stream of new Mythic+ dungeons and patches, raid content has taken a backseat in terms of development and attention. Players are less likely to spend weeks working on a single raid boss when there are Mythic+ dungeons to explore and conquer and are simply way easier. This has led to a decrease in the quality of raid content, with raids feeling rushed and incomplete compared to previous expansions.

While the Mythic+ system has been an excellent addition to the World of Warcraft PvE experience, it has had significant negative consequences for raiding. It has made raiding less appealing to many players, created a rift between raiding and Mythic+ fans, and led to a decrease in the quality of raid content. For these reasons, it is important that Blizzard takes steps to address these issues and ensure that raiding remains the pinnacle of the PvE experience in World of Warcraft. Please do not let raiding rot.

Please keep this discussion civil!

14 Likes

Thanks, ChatGPT.

64 Likes

What does chatgpt have to do with this topic?

2 Likes

Think the increase in technical difficulty, group coordination mechanics, and the visual explosion of effects you have to try and discern what’s going on through is more a cause than anything. For both M+ and raiding.

No ebb and flow, constant dance dance. It’s not fun and debilitating to casual players.

14 Likes

Blizzard has given “casual” players everything they’ve asked for since BFA, and almost all of those implementations have been a disaster.

The core of the casual complaints are that they think it’s unfair to compete in difficult content for end-game gear. When they attempt to raid or do M+ at a high level, they are discouraged and demand that they have alternative ways to max their character out.

This is participation trophy nonsense. You do not deserve the top rewards for simply showing up. There are plenty of threads out there about why you don’t actually need high item level to do world-content, but that’s not relevant.

If you don’t earn something, you don’t reap the rewards. Period.

Welcome to reality.

14 Likes

I disagree, I find it’s more of a reward issue than anything. Mythic+ simply allows such quick and effortless rewards compared to taking the time to put together a raid group and raid together. One of the easiest solutions would be to simply make the rewards for raiding objectively higher but this is not the only solution available.

3 Likes

Nope. M+ is an equal end-game system to raiding. If Blizz tries to force players back into raiding by making raiding the “pinnacle PvE experience,” it will go very poorly…because, as you pointed out, M+ is more accessible and rewarding, which means that many players focus on it now. And if Blizz changes that at this point, they will likely lose a bunch of customers.

7 Likes

It clearly isn’t. M+ is a superior system to raiding currently if anything. Take the people who raid and compare it to the number of people that do M+ I don’t even need to look to know which number will be higher. M+ should simply be made harder if they want it to have equal rewards to raiding.

2 Likes

Cite your sources

1 Like

M+ was made harder and is pretty equivalent in difficulty now.

That’s because M+ is much more accessible for players. In order to make raiding similarly accessible…well, it wouldn’t be raiding as we know it anymore.

6 Likes

It’s weird because AI could have actually generated this post and I just don’t know.

Definitely reads like a chatgpt post

5 Likes

Casuals have nothing to do why raiding is dying and the game don’t give what they want. Mplus gives gear as the same as raiding and it faster and can give rewards faster. It is no casuals with a 2500 to 3000 io rating running 20 plus keys. BFA only had visions that raiders didn’t want to do and you needed masks to get the best gear form it.

They asking for better solo content, not gear mailed to them, this is always done in bad faith.

7 Likes

Was that meant to be a reply to my post?

Where was I arguing for participation trophies?

My perspective is coming from being a more hard core player that’s an officer in a guild that has more casual raid loggers. The content is brutal. I don’t like it.

It’s relief when I get my m+ goals done on my main. Not because I can’t do higher content, but I just don’t like doing it. Way to stressful, way to many stupid failures from obscure cascades of random events you have to navigate through.

2 Likes

Clearly it isn’t hard enough. Raiding and Mythic+ clearly aren’t equal in any capacity. Look at the number of people that have a full 8/8 mythic clear and compare it to the number of people who complete +20s. This is not equal at all.

1 Like

this is literally nothing but a positive for the game as a whole

this is true for raid as well at least if you want to push your character to the limit.

this might be true for lower keys but team work is 100% a requirement for higher keys or else the mechanics will destroy the group.

most raiders that i know also do m+ and vice versa. im not sure where this “rift” is but ihavnt seen it. the activities arnt exclusive of eachother and both have a shared pool of players.

the release one set of new dungeons with each expac and then will will release multiple raids throughout the expansion so im not sure where you get that they arnt developing raid. if anything they put more work into raid then then they do m+

basically in the end m+ is an activity that allows players something to do in between raid lockout and greatly improves player retention. dont believe me? go look at wrath classic right now. most people there just hop on to raid then dont get come back on until the next week. do you think that is healthy system because i dont think so.

9 Likes

GD really has just become Classic DKs posting stuff spat out of ChatGPT. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

9 Likes

As always a significant portion of humanity will use a tech for it’s absolute worst possible purposes. Better get used to it. :smiley:

Obligatory another reason for Btags to be added post.

6 Likes

Interesting point here. In my guild, raid participation is much higher than M+. All the casuals hate M+. Trying to get them into higher keys is like pulling teeth.

3 Likes

perspective is everything. to me that points to a problem with raiding, not with m+

not really, no.

2 Likes