Mythic Eonar too difficult prevents farming

Mythic Eonar is doable, and it is very fun to solo.

All you people defending the eonar fight like some sort of die hard fans, its wayyyy to tight a timing window for such an old raid, if I can walk in and one shot all the other bosses than I should obviously be able to one shot this boss and not waste my time, its OLD CONTENT. Stop defending this lol its absurd

25 Likes

I’ve soloed it on every class at least 3 times each. Death Knight was the only one I where I had to make sure I talented into a speed talent, Wraith Walk.

1 Like

I love the chess event.

Basically. I’ve solo’d it, but there’s no reason for it to be as obnoxious as it is.

10 Likes

Sounds like a skill issue, I was soloing it back in Shadowlands

when the paraxis starts casting the doom spell or whatever you need to b-line to one of the four flowers near eonar kill the inquisitor then use the special abiliy and start on the two south crystals then going for the two north ones now you need to hurry back to eonar because the demons at this point will be pretty close to her or already attacking her
that’s pretty much it

3 Likes

First time I did it (last week actually) I struggled and got it on the 3rd? time. This week I got it on the first try. Just have to be fast. Memorize the route and perform it. Watch videos and you’ll succeed. Could they make it much easier? Sure. But saying it’s impossible or bugs out is wrong.

I did it once on my dh but I quickly just went to my old hunter with the skip. They could cut people a bit more slack its pretty tightly tuned.

Yeah not sure why so many people are defending it. you can literally one shot the rest of Antorus, so why make Eonar an exception?

9 Likes

I hate that event so much. Medivh keeps setting my king on fire.

I mean I know how to do it, I have a strat that works 100% of the time, 60% of the time, but it’s so obnoxious.

My strategy probably fails about 1 out of 4-5 times, but I don’t know, just one of those things, I find it fun :grin:

Yeah… I still can’t do it. I boarded the ship, hit all the crystals… then dead. Second attempt, killed the demons on the path THEN boarded ship… boom, dead again before I could get to any crystals. I’m doing it the same as the guy in the video but it’s not working. Edit: Well on my third run I got the crystals down but ran to BACK of the ship and not the front and jumped up into nothingness thinking it was the front. Why in the heck is there a back door to confuse you of which side you are on is beyond me. Time for attempt four… Second edit: Finally got it on my hunter. Took the portal up to the ship twice and nailed it. Thanks for everyones help!

6 Likes

Grats! It seems harder than it is before you figure it out, you should be able to do it on more classes as you get better with the jump ability.

1 Like

I 100% agree with you on the artificial level of difficulty this fight has with such narrow time constraints.

A person shouldnt be “forced” into getting movement increases just to accomplish a raid boss that is now 3 expansions removed.

It should be nowhere near this difficult to where you have to “practice” the attempt multiple times in hopes that you get it right. Or constantly watch other players do this old fight and attempt to mimic them. OR read up on old guides for this fight. It’s 3. Expansions. Removed.

Its horrible that you have to either spec into it, get lucky, bring a friend, or be a certain class to have this fight become “easier” to do in order to down it.

8 Likes

Are you porting up to the ship to stop the bombardment??? Cos you need to do that you cant just faceroll down on the ground.

But i do agree they should either remove that mechanic which i doubt or just make eonar an optional boss,

1 Like

thank god i got every class tmog from there 5 years ago

Grats on finishing it. It’s actually kind of a fun one, once you figure out the intricacies and develop a rhythm and sense of timing on spawns etc. It is definitely right up there with Spine in terms of being unforgiving.

1 Like

Thanks alot. Took me four tries but I got it. Aggramar’s adds threw me off the platform before I figured out to sit in the middle and kill them there. Unfortunately I only got two of the transmogs I wanted this run and class restrictions still keeping us from acquiring the mogs sucks because I know they won’t drop again next time around. I’ll just have to keep running it.

If you have a class with a sprint or blink it’s doable, but slow classes like shadow priest or warlock might struggle