Mythic Dungeon Tools Addon now behind paywall

Exactly. Stuff like this if taken out of control could lead us to a WoW where the use of addons is just not allowed. It’s important to nip the issue at the bud.

Everyone does you sexist cow. Stop being dismissed of toxicity by saying no one cares.

You think Method collapsed because no one cared?
Echo is on the path like Method of trying to hide sexist/misogynist/toxic gamers once again.
It is fine if you want to support these people since you are part of the same mentality, but don’t say that no one in the WoW community cares about their toxicity behavior against women unlike you.

Nnoggie cracked under the pressure because Echo didn’t want attention on themselves being the next Method Josh 2.0 with the WoW community threatens to reveal more hidden secret behind their sexist players.

The world race is on Season 1, and now so many of the community is taking notice of how many sexist and toxic players are on Echo raiding team.
At least Method hid it well for years, but geez, a few weeks in and they are starting to crack.

1 Like

The smart move would have been to release a base version that’s 100% usable

And then a version with extra features behind a paywall or subscription.

Yep. Best to keep the add on used to at least be a viable CV/resume item. Making a heavily downloaded mod/add on could be 1 upper for employment hunting one day if they go in some relevant coding gig.

If needing money…maybe be nicer could help. Quite a few Mod authors for skyrim/fo4 I ahve given money. They don’t really beg for the money. The link is there…use if you want.

What got these MA’s some money was they were cool and nice and approachable in forums. And their mods were must haves for me. Mods I would never consider playing a new save without them.

One MA was real helpful as I was looking into his mod in CK as I am noob mod creator myself. Really good small chats with them and some kick butt info passed about modding and CK in general…I hit their patreon.

i mean, seeing as you took the time to respond to this comment, some part of you does apparently care one way or the other.

If it’s an addon and he’s asking money for it - which at the end of all this is what it boils down to - he needs to be shut down. All the semantics about what part of it are paywalled doesn’t matter, the working addon requires payment. He’s a parasite. He needs to be shut down. And quibbling over policy and guidelines, that’s rich. It would obviously be violating the spirit of why these terms were implemented in the first place. Obviously, as a player who already pays for the game and an ongoing subscription - imagine the Pandora’s box if this sort of thing were allowed - players would be the ones getting the short end of this stick.