Mythic Dungeon Tools Addon now behind paywall

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

He’s flipped his lid before, he needs anger management honestly.

1 Like

The addon itself isn’t causing drama, the author is just having a temper tantrum after losing the world first race and is taking it out on people who use his addon and his weakauras.

Well of course it isn’t. There’s no “legal” argument here, Blizzard can do whatever it wants. And they should do something here.

Honestly. :roll_eyes:

• These guidelines have been put in place to ensure the integrity of World of Warcraft and to help promote an enjoyable gaming environment for all of our players - failure to abide by them may result in measures up to and including taking formal legal action.
16 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-update-for-mdt-makes-you-pay-for-maps/797150

I have a different interpretation.

If the addon is useless without the data, that is selling the addon. A clear violation.

9 Likes

He is raging and the people in this post are raging as well i can make an addon that dose nothing and still fine for me to do there is tons of pvt addons out there he can do whatever he wants if blizzard find this grow they will just shut the addon down fully and any addon that act like it … so think before you all speak … he is free to do whatever as long as he is not changing the game files and you are free to do whatever as well just stop this rage

Hopefully that “something” is making their own built-in version.

The funniest part about all of this is that he did it on Christmas. Just really lets you know the kind of person this guy is. In fact, you don’t have to look far to find out how many horrible things he’s done in the past. And guess what? He’s sponsored. He represents a brand. So by extension they support him.

5 Likes

What if he doesn’t celebrate Christmas? He’s just supposed to suddenly care about a meaningless day to him? Let’s not grasp at straws just to try to insult the guy. It’s a sucky thing to do, but let’s not stoop this low. It’s just an addon.

Is there really a big difference between,

An addon you need to pay to use

An addon that is useless without paying for the data needed for it.

It kinda feel that if the addon is of no use without the paid data, then it really can’t be considered free.

3 Likes

Considering anyone is free to go add that data into the addon, either by grabbing the data that was removed via commit history or going through the in-game dev option … how’s exactly is it useless?

Nnoggie released it under an open-source license that gives anyone free-reign to go release their own version of it (Which has already happened). Don’t like how he’s doing it? You can quite literally fork it and do it differently

Blizzard can do whatever they want. ITs their game and rules. They can change them. Which they sometimes do.

I am not arguing what he did is or is not against their current TOS. I will assume you are right and it isn’t. In which case - they can change the TOS.

An example would be multi-boxing. A previous multi-boxer can’t say “I’ve always multi-box so your new tos doesnt apply to me”. If they change the tos, the guy has to abide by it, or he can face whatever action blizz wants.

I like how quoting that part made the MVP disappear.

While yes the UI Add-on Development policy does list those rules as “guidelines”, it does also say that failure to follow those guidelines can result in measures that can lead to legal action.

6 Likes

You’d be surprised how fragile people’s ego can be when you beat them in the only thing they do/are good at.

2 Likes

i’m dying LOL

1 Like

You do understand that mutliboxing is still not against the TOS, it was the user of certain software that they came out againt.

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.”

1 Like

I didn’t dispute this but I did highlight a policy communicated by a blue post in their own official forums. It is up to Blizzard to act on their own policy. Clearly, the company has acted on it in the past.

We can debate the meaning of the words guidelines and policy. But you do realize we would be haggling over words.

Something is clearly not right there. I hope they do help him through whatever this is.

Don’t feed the attitude and they’ll go away.