Mythic Dungeon International - First Dragonflight Season!

Surprised they didn’t attach a title or drop to this to inflate viewer numbers

Classic still exists if the old way to play the game is more your thing.

I don’t care for it and you don’t see me lament the fact there’s a whole team dedicated to upkeeping an antiquated version of the game so i’m sure you can handle the fact there’s like 12 people making esport possible at Blizz.

MDI usually pulls at least 40k viewers. They don’t need to inflate it

But you are free to lament if you want. I wouldn’t scold you. Words are just words.

Nah i can accept some people like things that i dont.

And I can accept that every player is free to provide reviews and feedback like they want, without others feeling the need of making a big deal about it.

1 Like

Why shouldn’t these players have certain things allocated for them? Are they not players just like you?

The high end is the only place where balance really matters. The vast, vast majority of players do not play at a level where the output of their class will be the limiting factor. Everywhere else the content is forgiving enough that literally every spec can not only hold their own, but thrive.

These quotes still exist.

I just think that it is incompatible with the genre and bad for the business, for both: majority of customers and the company. But yes, Blizzard and players are free to do whatever they want. Just my two cents.

The idea of M+ (MDI to be more accurate) is removing the high end to place an “infinite end” on the game. This is not end-game, just forcing the mechanics until the game becomes unplayable unless you go over the board and play the game in a way it isnt supposed to be played.

But let me be clear: everyone does whatever they want to. I’m just pointing out my view on this.

This MDI is what ruined the social aspects of the game so bravo. I never watched this garbage and never will.

2 Likes

That’s obviously not true because there are still best in slot items.

But having a reason to play the game for longer is a good thing. Having higher goals to strive for is a good thing.

I’d love to see the tinfoil hat answer of how lmao

I’ll take quality over quantity any time. Quality of played time > quantity of played time.
But if 0.001% of the playerbase think that doing mechanically broken content is fun to do, more power to them. And if Blizzard wants to appeal to these guys, hell yeah, go ahead.
Maybe I’m wrong about how MMORPGs are incompatible with eSports. I don’t mind being wrong.

1 Like

Cool can’t wait to see a bunch of parties of Prot Warriors or Paladins, Pres Evokers, Subtely Rogues, Boomkins and Enhancement Shamans see who does the same thing a few seconds faster than the other.

Sorry, couldn’t type that with a straight face. Think I’d rather watch myself grow a hangnail instead.

In all seriousness Blizz, watch a board game tournament like Scythe. If players want to play boring, stale, overperforming meta crap, they bid on it in penalty seconds - you want that stale comp full of overtuned boring crap, cool, so does everyone else - the ones who get may have to lose 3 minutes on the clock vs. others running less conventional, more interesting comps. Either way, it becomes interesting.

Additionally, have crazy challenges. Teams can bid on “Anti-Meta”… Blizz comes up with a grouping consisting of least meta tank, healer and ranged/melee DPS specs - you can bid to play them in exchange for having 3-5 minutes shaved off your end time. Make it too good to ignore and have these professional gamers show their versatility and come up with unexpected ways to make the most of less.

You want people to actually watch it, this is how you make it somewhat entertaining.

Mythic plus is objectively the best addition to the game. Bar none. Nothing has been as popular

Awesome! Heckin hyped to see this!

WoW is not an esport, it is not well suited to esports, and you should just give that crap up. That esport garbage is one of the problem with WoW, so I hope it fails miserably so you people finally get the point!

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

3 Likes

I said I would post this in every thread I saw about esports in WoW, and I’m a man of my word, so…

Esports in WoW was a mistake, Blizzard.

3 Likes

M+ yes, MDI and stuff above +20 not.

I don’t understand, someone told me this wasn’t an esport?

Mythic plus and MDI are the same thing.

+20s are literally for the top 1%

I don’t see why content that you and I will never touch upsets you so much.

They lied to you.

everything i hate about this game rolled in to one big event

2 Likes