Mythic Dungeon International - First Dragonflight Season!

Are MDI players not part of the community?

Are people watching the MDI not part of the community?

What part of that are the devs interacting with the community?

1 Like

As much as the country club near my house.

1 Like

By hosting an event for players to compete and participate in

Those aren’t devs dude, that is the e-sports team. That isn’t even the community managers. Also I weep if that is your bar for interaction with community.

1 Like

So I got the group of people wrong, sue me.

This is community interaction from the company. It’s a way to attempt to bring players together to watch a cool tournament.

Do you think their esports team never talks to the devs at all?

You got everything wrong. Nothing about this is community involvement with the players about issues with the game which is what the complaint about.

1 Like

And what part of the e-sport team talking to the devs makes it community involvement with the devs?

“I want Ion to listen to me whine about chicken tendies REEE.”

Community event for only some classes/specs and only a subsect of players across the entire region, pushing a playstyle that some will argue has no place in the game.

I agree it’s “a community event” but the ones Blizzard promotes almost always seem to be e-sports related, and on special realms with special rules that don’t apply to the majority of the players. So how does the community-at-large relate to this event?

3 Likes

As spectators. It’s like arguing the Super Bowl doesn’t impact anyone because you don’t play football at that level with league rules. Except a lot of people watch it.

1 Like

Except all those people watching the Super Bowl aren’t paying to also be a part of the player community. I get your point, but it’s not as cut and dry as this.

Just saying, they could try and promote other events that aren’t MDI or AWC. Even the RWF is more of a community event, but they don’t sanction that themselves.

2 Likes

There is no class or spec restrictions for the MDI.

All players can strive for that level of play.

Not everyone has to partake in the play style.

The same way communities relate to watching their local Football team

This legitimately the worst part of the MDI.

Still mentally scarred from all the DH Tanks pro gamer wanabes from SL S1.

1 Like

eSports in MMOs is a mistake.
Immersion and exploration is long gone. RIp. As much as I hate the idea of housing, I hate esports more.

1 Like

Imaging hating something that has absolutely zero impact on you lol

1 Like

Take “hate” as figure of speech. It is just disgusting. Like, allocating manpower to make this stuff possible, to balance classes around this level of broken mechanics, making the life of some players a part time job, contribute to addictive unpleasant activities… meanwhile good old WoW had tips like: “Tip: Bring your friends to Azeroth, but don’t forget to go outside Azeroth with them as well”, or “Tip: Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)”.

1 Like

Good luck, pugs, everyone will think they’re the next MDI champ!

I call it the Chris Moneymaker syndrome.

Congratulations Team Echo.