Mythic +28 Keys Are Currently Being Cleared With a Protection Paladin as the Tank and Healer Role

Most of the damage in COS is available… meaning if you play well, you don’t need a healer. I’d like to see a tyrannical 28 HOV or a 28 RLP done without a healer.

The second boss is wild on a +28 tyran

i don’t think we understand how crazy a +28 tyran court second boss is

3 Likes

TBF that’s a 7th best key for +28 CoS on Tyr/explos/sang. They even had bad buffs. Ironic they had the healer interaction in that run lol.

Really impressive either way.

Probably means stuff like NV / VE / AG will be nerf’d. Also, probably tanks healing their group mates will probably get nerf’d. I don’t think the healer role is going to be removed or anything drastic.

Healing checks in dungeons would have been okay if they had healers balanced. Having Pvoker / Rdruid 30+% ahead of other healers was the main problem at the start of the expac. Blizzard shouldn’t have left them this OP for half a patch. Created a mega big healer imbalance.

3 Likes

I mean regardless they just nerfed hand of the protector because people screamed about it loud enough. Doesn’t really hurt paladin too much as you never really used it unless you were doing meme keys like that.

Along with I imagine that it won’t have too much of an impact on their ability to do that in CoS keys, if their not going to touch embrace or guidance.

1 Like

This. If all the healers were pumping at the level of pre-nerf Evokers or Druid’s the healing checks would have been fine and this wouldn’t happen.

But alas, Blizzard’s balancing team continues to be horrendous and we’re still seeing 5%+ buffs/nerfs to healers less then a month to the end of the season

This is a good start in the right direction. Protection paladins shouldn’t be the healer and tank in +28 keys. This video goes against the very nature of the “We want healers to heal again” which was said by a World of Warcraft developer.

Omg that is so interesting.

This video goes against the very nature of the “We want healers to heal again” principle which was said by a World of Warcraft developer.

Yea too bad healers have been whining since the beginning of the xpac because healing DF dungeons is too hard, and they are often responsible for bricking keys.

Can’t have an impactful role without having impactful consequences to your failures, it’s just the typical crybaby pleb.

1 Like

and in SL, healers were crying because they were expected to do damage because the healing was too ez…

devs should just do their own things when it comes to this stuff for sure. community doesn’t know what it even asks for half the time. :100:

3 Likes

Stop asking for tanks to be nerfed. Just freaking stop. This is how you kill off a game modes community, not convince others to play. There’s already a shortage of tanks that don’t suck in m+, we don’t need more.

3 Likes

Honestly, just make it so you CANNOT enter 5man dungeons with more then 3 dps. Make healers mandatory.

why though? this doesn’t affect anyone, it’s just something fun and cool they did…

4 Likes

lol I like the OP complaining about this. These guys are probably an order of magnitude better than he will ever be. It’s a cool video to watch. Why were they able to succeed? Everyone did what they were supposed to. All interrupts, no avoidable damage taken, great DPS, proper use of cooldowns/self mitigation, etc.

99.9% of us could never do this, so don’t use it as justification as to why X class needs to be nerfed or healers aren’t needed, etc.

3 Likes

Just nerf pally tanks now. That one guy tanked naked as a warrior. Prot wars got nerfed. Now this one tanks and heals as a prot pally. gg, incoming prot pally nerfs :sweat_smile: :joy: :beers:

1 Like

That’s a big overstatement. I’ve done pretty coordinated COS keys at the 24/25 level and the 2nd boss regularly requires 90k+ HPS. I think this speaks more to prot pally heals and SP / Shaman offheals being very strong.

1 Like

exactly, while i enjoy doing high end content, I definitely don’t pay attention to what the sweaties are doing.

Being able to run 20-21 keys with ease is usually when I’m comfortable progression-wise.

Ah. I see Prot Paladins are getting nerfed because of the high end when it’s a total non-issue for normal people. Awesome. That talent has worked like that for ages now.

1 Like

I usually like Wowhead’s articles, but the one mentioning this “healer as a cosmetic role” is just foul, especially when they mention dps specs with a lot of self healing utility.

It’s literally a very niche situation that most of the playerbase can’t pull. If anything changes based on this example, it will only hurt the rest of the people while being near meaningless to this specific group.

Alternate title:

8 Likes