Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

EN was undertuned beyond just mythic+ gearing.

Not to mention S2Madness shenanigans on Xavious.

Raids in TWW get an 18% pity buff so I guess that’s good.

2 Likes

From a numbers standpoint no it wasn’t. The hp and dmg scaling % was directly the same as every other increase of difficulty from lfr - normal - heroic. A system that worked cause we went into the next tier the previous tier. It didn’t work in EN case as we went into that tier with that tier of gear hence why since then that scaling % while still the same going lfr - normal - heroic has vastly increased going from heroic - mythic.

People are calling for Mythic to go 10 man, I saw some comment talking about make Mythic raid 5 man. I was like hmmm…

Our definitions of raid and dungeon are so ridiculous now. Dungeons have so many mechanics, like there is barely even a difference. I guess raids need to be 20 man bullet hells for people to be satisfied? I’m not sure. They need to be 20 man for Blizzard to be satisfied? So you can roster build? Why are we caring about all of this nonsense, just play the game.

You only need the ilvl high enough to beat the content you do. For example, I never ever farm aspects. No point to. I cap my gear in wyrms and call it done. But I only do KSM and AOTC. If you don’t raid Mythic or push for top 1% of M+, then ilvl doesn’t matter that much. It’s people feeling they “need” to max every item to the fullest, even if they don’t actually “need” it but simply “want” it.

1 Like

Lower the requirement or make it flex. Locking it at 20 is not the move anymore. Idk how anyone could still think it is.

1 Like

Cause it doesn’t work. See cata 10/25 man raiding for example. You can’t design encounters that are challenging and engaging around a 10 man roster as you won’t have class/specs to be able to handle those encounters mechanically. If you then give all those classes/specs the ability too then you run into the mop problem of harmonisation of classes.

1 Like

“But but but but but but but but but but but but but but buttocks, then you can’t build the perfect roster and incorporate every raid buff and and and do this and do that!!! Oh no!!!”

1 Like

We’ve added 2 classes since it was made 20 man, if anything it should be bumped to 25 man (or maybe a 20-25 man flex).

1 Like

Just bump it up to 40 man. I’m clearly speaking to game designers.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that and if they did make it 25 man would only be beneficial in my opinion

1 Like

It works.

But you can design challenging and engaging 5 man dungeons and Visions… Hmm…

Oh I didn’t get the memo on this “problem”… Ookay then…

There are no engaging mythic+ boss encounters that stand on their own as engaging content like raid bosses.

1 Like

I dont think it’s a bad thing for mains to be 13 ilvls up over alts, tbh.

I’d argue it was slightly too easy to gear in Dragonflight, and Mythic Raid didn’t drop good enough loot for how hard it is. I don’t want to go back to the days of slumming it in keys praying for titanforges, and getting dick without that proc, but you can build a mythic raid ready character in like 2 weeks with the Dragonflight upgrade and drop system. I did it on my pally, he was a fresh 70 two weeks ago, and now he’s 515 and like 2400 keystone rating. In 2 weeks, with relatively light play.

With gear being deterministic in so many ways, it’s reasonable for Blizz to slow things down a bit.

Yes cause you can stop those mechanics and in the case of boss encounters they are designed to last 2-3 minutes not 7-10.

The most common complaint durring mop on the forums? Its easy to go look yourself.

1 Like

At a certain point you need to actually put effort into your alts. Truly horrible, I know.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing changes for the vast majority of players.

5 Likes

Wow really? Is it even possible to refute this? Isn’t all that subjective? Also why?

The boss is a boss whether or not it’s in a dungeon or a raid… Hmm, almost as if it’s intentional. Looks like you’re on to something.

Whoa someone else is starting to sniff the clue as well. Hmm.

MoP was like 10 years ago, what are you even on about, why would I care to go look that up, I didn’t even dispute the statement lol.

The idea that players should have to play 5-6 different characters to a) just keep up or b) have enough content to justify their subscription is a fallacy in itself. Alts suck. I don’t care if the game is friendly to them. I’d prefer not to feel pressured to have one at all.

2 Likes

Pretty much every mythic+ boss is a 2-3 mechanic snoozefest the forums constantly rage at the idea of them lasting more then like 3 minutes (see all the tyrannical health complaints).

1 Like

Cause your solutions are mistakes we have learnt from in the past.