My Tinker senses are Tinkling

The monster truck expansion is coming out this Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!!

2 Likes

I never thought about using titan tech specifically for tinkers, I always imagine thr inventions would look different for each race.

Be almost like shaman or paladin with race flavored gadgets and robots.

1 Like

Titan tech could probably be a hero spec.

Ethereal and naaru tech being the other 2, maybe even legion tech if blizz was bold enough to ship them with 4 main specs

1 Like

Of possible classes to come, tinker/artificer would be an awesome candidate for 4 specs.

1 Like

Thats actually a really good idea.

1 Like

Siege - tank

Artillery - rdps

Assault - mdps

Medic - heals

Hero specs

Tank, titan and legion

Heals, naruu and titan

Rdps, ethereal and naruu

Mdps, ethereal and legion

Something like a ā€˜Medicā€™ would be awesome, more of a mundane healer, using tech/medicine. Would some magic/whimsy be acceptable, absolutely (Iā€™d make any concession if it got us a tech class ha), but a healer that was involved with skill/craft and less divine/primal forces would be neat, narratively.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a bit more Goblin vs. Gnome tech.

Class:

• Mechanic

Specs:

• Steamwarrior (mech suit and can swap between ranged dps and melee tank)
  • Machinist (mechanical backpack, lots of gadgets and robots. Also a new support spec. Can use a gun)

Hero Talents:

• Tinker (more focus on the gadgets and robots)
  • Sapper (more making things go boom)
2 Likes

Iā€™m a mechanic irl and could never choose my main( probably big part why I donā€™t play much), Tinker would definitely be it , even though druid is close to my heart

3 Likes

Every class added to the game has been intensely tied thematically to the expansion where it was introduced. Wrath with DKs. MoP with Monks. Legion with DHs. DF with Evokers.

Based on the details released so far, there is no chapter in the upcoming World Soul saga that would suggest a strong thematic tie in with Tinkers. I just donā€™t see this happening anytime soon.

Are you seeing the same promotional material/released information as the rest of the world?

Speaker Brinthe has a tech backpack, with arms and everythingā€¦

Earthen have a community/group of ā€˜Machine Speakersā€™ā€¦.

There are Kobolds piloting mechs ffs.

Iā€™m sorry but wut? This has to be a troll ha.

1 Like

A frost based caster? In WoW? Lmao, no.

Do you intend to RP as one or something because this is just an update for engineering.

That backpack is probably as close to Dr octopus as they could get without getting a copyright letter from whoever owns Spider-Man lol

1 Like

Iā€™m a fan of the scanner like appendage, reminds me of death stranding.

I would kill for like a leather armor dual wield gunslinger type class.

1 Like

How to dash someoneā€™s hope in 2 sentences.

Canā€™t dash the hopes of the hopeless!

I find it quite curious that the xpac chosen for timerunning involves a specific old god and immediate use of tech and tinkers/cogsā€¦.

Alliance starts the xpac by gunning down horde in a gyrocopter!!

I very much want to make a Draenei Artificer. Preferably with a gun and a focus on artillery.

I hope any tech based class is available to every race and people can pick which raceā€™s tech they want to use. Kind of like how druids have all those options for different forms, Tinker/Artificer/Whatever should have options for different tech.

1 Like

That actually sparks an interesting idea ā€¦ :thinking:

An engineering made tech-suit:

• Where your spells & abilities from your suit draw-in power radiating off your characterā€™s gear (whether its cloth, leather, mail or plate) ā€” So you have a gear progression added to your professionā€™s mechanisation :grin:
  • Have a few different sorts of suits (healer suit, tank suit & DPSing)
  • Update & keep it relevant each expansion.

Thatā€™d be wicked fun for my engineering toons. :star_struck:
:dracthyr_nod: Tā€™would also make engineering feel far more intuitive again.