My Tinker senses are Tinkling

They don’t create the potions, they merely distribute them … um … efficiently.

4 Likes

tbh isnt necromancer basically covered by unholy dk at this point?
tinker has plenty of potential but i dunno what they could realy do with necromancer that isnt covered by aff lock/unholy DK

2 Likes

There is more to necromancy than just ghouls, souls for example and more meatier zombies.

Not really. DKs are melee fighters. Their focus will always be melee, Necros are casters. So let’s say they use the same specs, right? Frost, Unholy and Blood. The spells will be adapted for a caster. I mean remember way back when Warlocks were basically Demon Hunters? Anyway, point is, Blizzard knows what they are doing. They won’t just put a robe on a Death Knight.

1 Like

I can’t help but be hopeful that we might actually see a tech class finally, there’s so much precedent now, but the inclusion of the potion bomb worries me. Just makes me feel like they’re giving us a half measure, “here’s some fun tech flavor you’re looking for!”, while not respecting our actual desire, of having a player character who’s identity is tech.

I love playing Druid, I love engineering, but there’s no way in hell I can convince myself to take engineering as a Druid, too much thematic dissonance. This is a personal grievance/issue, I understand that, the point I’m making is simple, just because engineering can provide some tech flair/flavor, does not mean that we as players have a satisfactory answer to this theme.

Give us a class where engineering feels at home! Akin to druids and herbalism, mages and enchanting, warriors and blacksmithing etc. (hunters are the closest thing and it pales in comparison to a legitimate tech class, as 80% of your spells and abilities reference nature/animals)

5 Likes

I haven’t seen the actual recipe list for these, but I’d wager the Engineer doesn’t make the potions. I’m guessing they’ll get the potions from an Alchemist and then package them in a more… explosive… delivery system.

1 Like

Exactly. Lore-wise, Enchantment is one of the schools of arcane magic. And the enchanting profession has happily co-existed with the mage class since day 1.

3 Likes

You know i’d agree if it wasnt for survival being bm with a sword these days lol.
but i get what you guys are saying

I’ve got my hopium turned up full blast.

5 Likes

Tinkers alongside popularly requested races will never be added to this game. They only add things that match the expansion. They could have added Tuskarr finally after so long and they still didn’t. So yea.

That new backpack did get me really hopeful. It’s very much a Tinker gadget already seen in the Warcraft universe. When they announced Machine Speakers, I started dreaming of how Blizz would implement them. They are gonna be really cool.

Imagine if playable Tinkers had a similar backpack and it changed depending on your abilities, even going as far as a jetpack.

2 Likes

Yup, the Healer spec would shoot or throw bombs and potions with healings and side effects, the tank’s backpack would turn into a mech, and the DPS backpack would turn it into Gatling guns. In short (fuse) I would sum that I want thinker to be like Druid in that their aesthetics and forms change based on their role but they use a more robotic approach.

One can dream.

3 Likes

Been wanting a Goblin Tinker for a while now, would be a really fun class race combo. I wouldn’t expect a new class though for an expansion or two, but I hope eventually they’ll add em

4 Likes

We would be running into another warlock/demon hunter situation. In order for a necromancer to work we would need to gut most if not all of DKs kit, touch into affliction themes, and even shadow priests would be at risk of losing stuff.

Its much more realistic to ask for necromancers in the form of a class skin for warlocks. Replace all the demons with undead, change abilities to a death theme, and all the dots into diseases. Its adding necromancer without needing to touch other classes kits and abilities.

And honestly, we are past undead in the story. A lot of the undead/death related themes were wrapped up in Shadowlands and the current story is heading towards the void and order side of things. So necromancers suddenly popping up as a new class wouldnt really fit imo.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be tingling instead of tinkling?

1 Like

I want to play as a Tinker, not a tinger,

2 Likes

A few things about this post.

First part, you assume we have run out of ideas and than we would be forced to take abilities from other classes to make something fill more original and work properly.

This is patently false and everytime its echoed in the gaming world it is a creatively bankrupted and boxed thinking self delusion.

I have seen countless situations in the gaming world where ppl say if we have this we can’t have that because its already represented in something else and they just want the argument to end there as a seemingly logical pathing for the dialogue.

I am a career warlock since late BC and I was displeased when we lost metamorphosis but blizz also didn’t know where the game was going at the time and what it would turn into, it was an ability heavily associated with demon hunters and they wanted it to be a premiere feature of DH so that was taken and meta is in both of DH specs to show the emphasis on it.

Maybe amusing to know but I used to argue on the forums with people who said demon hunter would never be in the game because of warlocks and some other arguments, they were obviously wrong.

I got over it but its dishonest to make the argument that in this case everything has been done when there is always new ways to spice it up and add a spin on it and its been proven countless times in the gaming world and I have many examples, there is also a lot of inspiration are where it could go with abilities shown in shadowlands.

Also the undead storyline is not wrapped up, the scourge are free and are fighting for supremacy as we speak and dance with dragons, which implies it will be a future plot element saved for later as they are a contained problem that doesn’t seem to be invasive as of yet.

Closed mindedness always loses and box thinking has no creative aspects, Class skins are also creatively bankrupted as it ruins the originality of the class and magic associated with said class which all manifests in a different way. So a void paladin would never work as void doesn’t have abilities what would manifest in the way light does.

3 Likes

Agreed. People with a lack of imagination and uncreative really can’t fathom that a lot of things can be recreated innovatively. They are putting their own limitations onto others’ abilities. I mean, just because they can’t think of other ways to do things, doesn’t mean other people are incompetent than them.

1 Like

If anything that earthen female doc oc npc is a hint a tinkers, were probably getting them in TLT, you know with all that titan tech and what not

3 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/m/blPzNl5Ba5oAAAAd/dont-give-me-hope.gif