My "Social" experience leveling a new toon thanks to no RDF

lol says who? You? Pfft, get lost.

My experience yesterday started with leveling in hellfire peninsula on a low/medium server. After being in queue and leveling my mage for 45 minutes, I got a random invite. Asked where we were going. Went to help summon for ramparts. We had a pvp encounter that somehow ended amicably. 1 person dc’d. We 4 manned it. As someone in our group was on the upper levels for the dungeon, we agreed to do auchenai crypts after. I suggested someone that was in queue, and we went to summon. That was tough, but we made it through. Then I went back to questing.

I’m pretty anti-social and usually just quest, but this was fun and we ended up doing dungeons despite having only 4 players total in hellfire peninsula.

I think it was a better experience for me than if I had queued and been teleported to a dungeon 20 minutes later.

8 Likes

Nah, I highly doubt it is hard or time consuming. To be honest, from a coding perspective, RDF is essentially the same code as the current AV queuing system, just with a smaller group size and a different instance pool.

I believe the code is already there in the client, ready to go but simply disabled. If they used the retail client as a base, which we know they did, then the client already had the RDF code in it.

1 Like

I think lower level toons trying to catch up should have double / triple XP even with Heirlooms!

Getting more players to max level is only a positive to the game.

2 Likes

But it is the most weakest and childish arguments to use when can’t prove otherwise.

Just restore Wrath to an authentic experience already.

4 Likes

The last guy tried and failed, now you want to take his place? I pity you. You’ll only come out looking like a bigger fool then he did, (and trust me. He’s a pretty big fool).

Anyways, its a perfectly, logical simple conclusion. Adding rdf to wotlkc would leave wotlkc feeling so much like retail and not resolve any real problems. Mordern WoW has all the QoLF’s one can ask for. Don’t want to play DF? Then don’t. Turn your exp off and just enjoy wotlk as it was. This is true classic era wotlk, meaning it has to have a real separation between it and retail. It has to take us back to a time before all that automated grouping. We had to build social clicks and be freindly to people on our servers. Rdf bypasses all of that. You want my server? You can’t have it. Go do something else. I don’t care. Quit the game for all i care.

You think my retail argument is lazy. There’s a long winded post you probably won’t read. Have a good day.

3 Likes

This Slimy person is right. Just because an argument is ignorant and irrational doesn’t make it childish. They all know that retail is much more than just the rdf. So they’re lying and it takes many years to learn to lie well. It’s not childish as many children can’t lie well. It shouldn’t be confusing. We want to play classic wrath with the original wrath talent trees and the wrath spells and rotations and the wrath rdf. While the wrath rdf still exists in retail the talent trees, the spells and rotations are massively different.

4 Likes

Oh well, it wasn’t our call to make to put it in or leave it out. That’s on Blizzard, so have fun waiting for ICC as that’s the best guess as to when and if you’ll even get it.

don’t worry about it. as long as we agree it matters.

18066 posts

2 Likes

technically 18067.

waaaay more than you.

When you completed a dungeon through rdf you would get bonus exp and a bag containing a bop blue item when the last boss died. The amount of bonus exp was often more exp than you would get from all of the mobs you killed along the way. This is the reason Leveling feels so tedious now.

Below 80 it is not working. Leveling is not fun without RDF, with RDF leveling is fun.

Weird feeling, I get the opposite feeling. Seems to me there are 2 or 3 people who oppose RDF while the vast Majority want it (in some form).

7 Likes

False. Fake news.

2 Likes

can you systemically quantify “fun”, please?

2 Likes

Jeez man, that’s not impressive, that’s really, really sad.

On top of Robokappa’s question, could you show your data that defines ‘the vast Majority’?

And lastly, have you not noticed that you see the same pro-RDF in these threads as well?

2 Likes

I never understood why people like you come to this kind of game. Its the WORLD of Warcraft. Not Dungeon Craft or whatever. Even though i know the lore now by heart i love questing through leveling often more then dungeons as dungeons sre brain dead auto pilot and meh gear. Your idea of leveling sounds terrible and RDF hamstrings the players into brain dead dungeon grinding. That’s barf!

1 Like

been in que across 3 toons of different level brackets for 6 hours and not 1 single party yet. Ive been pretty aggressive about looking for people too and still cant get a single party together. if this is their idea of a successful experiment, then theres no hope for this game. because theyre living in a delusional fantasy world. I dunno how someone can look at this situation and think its working in any way. Apparently Blizzard and the absolute gatekeeping goon squad anti-rdf classic andys rather we 100% be unable to do a dungeon at all than have access to a player pool across all servers. Or maybe the point is to make the playing experience so insufferable that we reach for our credit cards to boost out of this absolute nightmare hell experience. Either way, im now bored and dont even want to play the game anymore since its literally unplayable.

3 Likes