My only fear for Classic

You are an exception! Read through these forums. People resort to personal attacks to horrifying extremes. Consistantly tearing people down. Many people are being very specific about what they want. OP classes to terrorize others with.

To your point though. Yes, I did over generalize #nochangers. For this, I apologize.

2 Likes

People bring up similar topics a lot. Maybe some of them are legitimately trolling - one can never know. But if you engage with these people properly and they stop, then its not an issue.
Its alright for people to end a discussion where neither of them agree. The most important part is that they understand the perspectives of the other party.

I believe these are called “concern trolls.” People who want changes “for the health of the game,” because they care so much about its success. They’re looking at the “bigger picture” and they only want changes that are “definitely improvements.”

Yeah… No. Hard pass. Take those arguments to BfA, please.

5 Likes

:astonished: :confused:

:rofl: :hugs:

I don’t even know what to do with this except to say “welcome to the forum”.

1 Like

why are you being so toxic? I am definitely a #NoChanger and will be leveling a balance druid in Classic. I am not so entitled that I feel like an entire game needs to be retuned to suit my personal tastes in playstyle.

I want to play balance druid BECAUSE it is weak, BECAUSE that makes it challenging, and BECAUSE it will be a snowflake build that few people will play.

Quit trying to ruin the game for everyone else just so you can be an overpowered snowflake. That defeats the whole point.

If every class was balanced equally, we’d quickly end back up on the homogenized generic mess that became retail.

3 Likes

I have the opposite view.
I will main an Orc Warlock… but a 10% improvement in hybrids would only help the game. I would lose nothing in seeing a Balance druid that could do Mid pack dps without working X4 as hard as a mage.

Fortunately for those that want a truer classic experience and unfortunately for you, Blizzard does not share your opinion. They have already stated that they have no intentions to make any “balance changes”.

You can enjoy that Orc warlock, but you will not be seeing a DPS increase, or “10% improvement” for your paladin, should you decide to play one.

Hi Zyrius !

2 Likes

And it would also make it closer to the current game. If you want hybrids to perform equally with dedicated classes, then you should probably just play BfA.

1 Like

Based upon the language used, the use of specific terms and the overall writing style, I would tend to agree, except for that first sentence–“I remember when I was onboard with the #nochange crowd.”

Ziryus has never been “onboard with the no change crowd”.

Ziryus wouldn’t intentionally be less than honest just to further his own agenda, would he?

2 Likes

I have yet to meet someone who truly wants the 1.12 patch with zero changes.

There is a huge difference between wanting elements that were present in vanilla, even if those elements were not present in 1.12 and wanting dual spec, balance changes, guild banks, transmog, WoW tokens or any number of other myriad non vanilla QOL convenience changes.

Although we are seeing trolls intentionally misrepresent the “no change” position, the “no change crowd” has always been in favor of only elements that were present in vanilla (with the exceptions of BNET integration, color blind access and legitimate bug and exploit fixes) even if those elements were not all present at the same time in vanilla.

As an example, the original AV, non connected flight paths, single realm BG’s, having to queue for BG’s at the BG entrance, having to queue for the vanilla group finder at the meeting stone, pre 1.12 threat generation mechanics and pre 1.12 shield slam would likely all be accepted by the no change crowd as all those things were present in vanilla, even though they were not present in 1.12.

Even loot sharing and sharding have caused an uproar among those desiring a truer classic experience.

is that a serious question or was it sarcasm? cant tell with text…

I wouldn’t worry much about it.

If blizzard tries to stay true to the vanilla formula they claim to want, it will be fine. It SOUNDS LIKE they are aware of what would happen if they did go crazy with changes. After all, what would the point of a vanilla service be if it wasn’t?

Not even remotely serious.

I guess I should have made it clearer.

I think we all know that answer to that question, though.

1 Like

lol ya. i thought so . i almost did a double take when i saw it . was like ummmmm ok lol.

We know from private server success that there is an audience. Audience enough to fill a few servers at the very least. It’ll be fine. /pat

the fact that you believe that there is discussion to be had, is hilarious.

this isnt a debate about how we want our hamburgers.

a discussion, no matter how logical or valid it is- is designed for progress and change. and to delude yourself into believing that this can be achieved with classic, when blizzard has made fully aware the opposite- is asinine.

there is no discussion to be had. only trolling.

classic> vanilla recreation/remake> end of discussion.

1 Like

Vanilla WoW had a ton of patches that were released in an attempt to balance the classes. How can you say that isn’t an element of classic WoW?

Your delusional if you the think 100k people will be playing classic wow sir. The ONLY reason private vanilla servers had any players was because it was free. I