My only fear for Classic

I can do better.
The paragraph above was already a hint at changes.

We’ll have plenty of people, don’t worry.

It also needs to be an RPG.

Yeah. It was at that point I knew clicking this thread was a mistake. I’d still like that minute of my life back though.

‘not asking for class balancing’

asks for class re-tuning. because that is somehow different.

Class tuning is the act of improving a class.
Class Balancing is adjusting classes to be more equal.

An example of class tuning is giving Paladins a taunt.
An example of class balancing is reducing warrior dps and buffing feral druid dps so they are within a % of each other.

okay.

ps;

this is not called balancing, this is called homogenization. homogenization is where you remove anything unique about a class and make them exactly the same as another. to do the same damage, the same way, in the same situation etc etc.

homogenization would be taking a mage, which requires a higher skill ceiling and saying they should do the same damage as a warlock. effectively making them the same thing. but one still having a higher skill ceiling. guess which one people will roll? the one that requires LESS skill.
in the end, you would have basically killed mage playability.

and the same would result, if blizzard listened to your suggestions.
why would people ever roll a warrior, if it became exactly like a druid- doing the exact same damage etc? where would that lead? less warrior’s in general. less tanks, less dps and the game would be filled with druid tanks, dps etc.
NO ONE would take the harder road with warrior. absolutely nobody. not if they had another option that was the exact same but easier and faster.

hence- do not ‘fix’, what is not broken.

But my friend Blizzard and everyone else admits the hybrids are broken.
Your argument is that you want it to stay broken like Vanilla was…
If you are trying to argue the classes had any semblance of balance and that they were all polished and finished… Most players, Blizzard and history testify against you sir.

Troll status confirmed.

2 Likes

That’s because Classic is going to be vanilla as it was, as close as possible. That’s the whole point. It’s supposed to be a recreation. If you thought the point was to “improve” it in some way, then you’re terribly mistaken.

(Why is always paladins asking for this stuff?)

4 Likes

But they are improving it.
Everyone wants threat changes from 1.12
AV Changes from before 1.12
They forced loot rules on us…
The argument is not longer about #nochanges It is about #whatchanges

Wrong. In fact a great many see it as the reason why there is a perceived issue with hybrid DPS.

Still vanilla

Yeah, but what is your point?

Either you are intentionally mimicking Zyrius or you are actually Zyrius on an alt.

3 Likes

how are they broken? ill wait for a very logical argument as to why personal choice, is broken.

and i would like to also hear a logical argument in favor of the current system, that completely removed that choice and how you feel that is the answer for classic.

oh and ps; please show me where blizzard admitted that the talent/class set up in vanilla, was ‘broken’.
because in order for them to admit such a thing, they would then have to pander to the cries of balancing.
this is contradictory.

2 Likes

I don’t, I want pre 1.12 threat. (Which is still vanilla btw)

I was thinking Whiskee.

Whiskee mimicking Zyrius?

2 Likes

Feral Druid is broken
Ret Pally is broken
Elemental Shaman is broken

Blizzard admitted that the hybrid idea did not work and eventually removed the failed hybrid tax.

Im gonna play a mage or a warlock personally.

It worked perfectly fine as it was. There were not bad classes, just bad players. What blizzard thinks of it or what their intention was has no bearing on what was.

I would take it a step further and point out that what blizzard “intends” and thinks is “good” led the game to become the current state it is in. I for one want vanilla as it was, as I enjoyed it as it was, NOT what they “intended” it to be.

The hybrid tax worked exactly as it worked, and it was fine as it was.

3 Likes

I remember when I was onboard with the #nochange crowd. After watching the arguments unfold my mind was changed.

I remember rolling paladin thinking how great it would be in vanilla. Only to find out that I would be pigeonholed into being a healer. I played holy as leveling another toon seemed a daunting task. A mistake I won’t make again. I will absolutely not play a hybrid class in classic. Just like most of the players that got pigeonholed into healing, I’ve learned my lesson.

From all the arguments I have read through on these and other forums I have come to some conclusions.

#nochangers are:
Terribads who want to be guaranteed their OPness or they are taking their ball and going home.

Are bullies who seek to intimidate, shutdown, or dismiss other people opinions. They are most likely bullies in rl as well.

Are opposed to anything that will ruin the great fun of OP killing broken classes/specs. These are also going to be your twink players. You know, the baddies that chased millions of new players away by destroying low level bgs.

#tuningchanges:
People that care about the success of the game and know that Classic is already in trouble before it ever launches. Why? Read through some of the post on these forums. It would appear that only the most toxic of players/people are coming back for classic.

Good job, classic wow already has a toxic vile community.

It’s sad. These #nochange people never belonged to the vanilla wow community. They were the outliers that did nothing but spew vile venom at good people of the wow community.

Maybe take your own advice. If you don’t like it, play a crappy private server.

2 Likes

People sometimes treat each-other like garbage over the internet. I presume that you have had some bad experiences.

When you start generalizing people vocally you’re more likely to attract negative attention to yourself and that’s going to reinforce your belief that these people are toxic.

Understand that toxic people aren’t the majority. The majority is usually silent.
In a place of discussion like a forum, people critique you and its not unusual to feel targeted when you receive criticism for your ideas - this is normal and most people need to learn to deal with it appropriately.

Restoring Vanilla WoW into Classic is not about keeping certain classes strong or weak. Heck, its not even about making a fun game that people will enjoy.

Its about reviving a game that no longer exists. I know you think most people could just bugger off and join a private server and yes, that is entirely do-able but its not the optimal solution and comes with a great many drawbacks.

Aside from those who just don’t want to pay a cent, people want to play a Blizzard game - not just any game, but the one that made it big. You just can’t do it anymore. They took that option away, and personally, I want to be able to show Blizzard my support for making their legacy available to play.

Its not called WoW: Remastered, its called WoW: Classic.

Regards, a toxic bully.

1 Like