My mom has played wow since WOTLK says MOP pvp was the most fun

Was talking to my mom and asking her about Cata and she said MOP is the go-to best PvP experience by far

what say you the older crowd who has played multiple expansions of WoW

Rose tinted glasses.

2 Likes

says she doesn’t have a clapback for that comment

your mom is based and correct

3 Likes

Couldn’t tell ya. I’ve only been playing for about a year or so.

as much as i loved mop it had far more issues than any modern day expansion

the game itself was really fun for a handful of specs if played really well while armed with a ton of game knowledge

i fully expect the majority of casuals to actually hate mop
godcomp and hls could cc you through the entire dr with no gaps
and aff/ele l$d was completely unkillable while just milking your mana bar for 7 minutes at a time

it was really good era for awful lock/shaman abusers to do nothing and get giant egos 4sure

4 Likes

If it’s anything like WOLTK where games can last up to an hour, no thanks.

I think FDK was immortal with death strike.

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Wait’ll your mom gets a load of Rated BGB. A game changer is on the horizon, boys. We’re about to bear witness to the greatest evolution of PVP gaming thus far in human creation.

1 Like

Every single re-launch of each WoW expansions so far has incredibly disappointing, as expected, unless you are huffing some serious copium and/or rose-tinted goggles.

it’s always “well, x expansion wasn’t actually that great, but y is going to be AMAZING”. Heard this every single relaunch since classic 2019 lmfao.

4 Likes

real

i think people miss how bad other people used to be at the game

6 Likes

Nuff said.

The classic community will ruin mop. Just like every expansion

1 Like

MoP was like the original mw2: equal parts fun and infuriating but would be more infuriating than fun if it became the current iteration of the game again

wdym im excited to play vs god comp 80% of all games again and literally not play for 4 consecutive seasons

I agree but its mostly the changes they keep making and random nonsense that has no reason to exist other than them trying to let the old game run on the new engine.

Like an easy example was DK garg in wotlk. It used MoP coding so it flew higher than it shouldve making it difficult to target & start its dps cycle earlier in a balance patch where garg could solo. It wasnt the end of thr world but it was a huge oversight.

Warriors being able to shield wall while disarmed. Rogues physical damage seemed too high early on when compared with bis gear footage from 2008. Humans with double trinkets in TR footage dont do half the damage you saw s9 rogues going theough plate without Armour pen.

Idk. Classic isnt a direct 1:1 to the past expansions its trying to replicate and that comes with a lot of janky inconsistencies.

As someone super passionate about the old class design its been underwhelming for sure.

Wod waiting room

Shadowlands was the best by far. But ur mom probably doesnt take the game as serious now and the old days of nostalgia are always gunna be strong

having your mom play wow is such a W