My general macro got all deleted HELP

i DONT KNOW what happened but my general macros got wiped ???

So no help with this???

The forum isn’t a point of contact for the staff, it’s a player-help-player area. I recommend trying #guides:ui-macro to see if any other people have experienced this or know how to fix. You can also open a ticket in the meantime.

1 Like

This happens to me anytime my flight lands at Heart of the Forest. My game crashes, all my macros are gone, and all but the 1st hotbar are turned off.

Isn’t this the technical support Forum? Yes or no?

It is the technical support forum, correct. However, the staff does not read or answer all posts here. The primary purpose of the forum is for players to help each other. Staff responses are only guaranteed through the ticket system.

Soulslicer feels their issue is not being heard, so they have been commenting on older threads (necrobumping), hijacking threads of others, and being quite rude overall. However, their issue is not being discussed currently by other players and isn’t a known issue with the game. Instead, it’s likely an issue with their install of the game, addons, or system components.

2 Likes

Sounds like there’s a forum for that, called customer support. Non?6

The Customer Support forum is also a heavily community-supported area. The difference is that Customer Support is for asking questions about setting up your account, payments, or customer policies, and this forum is for troubleshooting technical issues like crashes or connection problems (not usually fps though).

Edit:

As a reminder, the Customer Support forum is not an alternative contact point for In-Game, Technical or Account Support. To request assistance, please contact our customer support staff directly through our Support Site
Read more about that forum at the source: Welcome to the Customer Support Forum!

Additionally, Soulslicer has broken the forum code of conduct multiple times by taking part in the activities I mentioned earlier, including several aggressive comments towards other members. Their next step will likely require using the ticket system to work on their issue, if the staff provides support for it.

There’s no need to continue derailing this thread.

1 Like

Does it say anywhere if the technical forums are run the same way>?

Basically 2 places, both in blue stickies at the top

And

2 Likes

Support forums here are all run in the same manner; you could prove this to yourself by just browsing through threads. (Edit: Zungar beat me to it, and said it better. It’s in the stickies :+1:)

The majority of the help comes from the community (white and green text, not Blizzard employees). Rarely, a forum support agent (blue text, Blizzard employee) will chime in with help.

I base this answer on both on my personal experience taking part in both forums (many years, hundreds of posts) and the multiple times I’ve seen blue posts explaining the same thing.

2 Likes

Yep. It’s best to review the pinned threads in any forum where you wish to participate in the discussion, as they tell you how the forum is intended to be used. I see two others beat me to it, but here are the important excerpts relevant to this situation:

This forum exists to provide World of Warcraft customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members.
…
Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored.
…
Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.

Source: Forum Guidelines & Information

None of this discussion is relevant to the OP’s issue with macros, so let’s please stop derailing it further. If you have other questions about the forum or its policies, please post in #support:customer-support.

1 Like

Hey there,

Macros are typically stored locally in the WTF folder of the game in a file named “macros-cache” - If the file goes missing or is corrupted, the macros all go with it. Typically there is no way to save lost macros unless they are backed up from this file or copied to a text document to be later imported back into the game’s macro options. I recommend the later option since it’s easier. Though that would only help going forward. I’m afraid I must report that in most cases the macros need to be recreated from scratch.

I do hope the info helps. If there’s any further questions please feel free to reply here or submit a ticket.