My Feedback: Bringing Back Removed Content/Items

Here is some feedback I have for bringing back removed content, whether the removal was intentional or bugged:

-Bring back all pre-7.0 removed appearances. Prior to 4.3, there was no transmog system at all, and prior to Legion, there was no wardrobe. If you looted an item, you did not permanently know it. While I understand some have made the argument that items like Corrupted Ashbringer should remain exclusive for whatever reason they may have, this doesn’t make sense when the context is the pre-transmog/pre-wardrobe era. The same applies to anything else removed prior to the introduction of the wardrobe system. If an item wasn’t around when transmog systems were, it doesn’t make sense to keep it locked away. I will add that bringing back the same appearance under a different name is an excellent option if there is a desire to maintain the “exclusiveness” of an original item, so that the appearance can be obtained while keeping the original source ID/name locked away.

-Reintroduce the Pandaria legendary cloak questline and the Warlords of Draenor legendary ring questline. Removing these enormous pieces of lore has only further fragmented the storytelling aspect of the game. There is a separate argument to be made on whether the rewards themselves should come back (it could go either way, although I’m leaning towards my “if it was pre-Legion, it should return” stance…but this is another matter altogether). Still, at the very least, I suggest considering bringing back the quests themselves, if nothing else. Right now, the story is in a weird spot where newer players have no idea how Wrathion developed, nor do they understand why we went from being friends with Cordana Felsong to brutally killing her at the end of a creepy dark Legion dungeon.

-Make a public statement about the removal of the Brutosaur from the Black Market Auction House in 2021. The silence may be speaking for itself, but let it be known out loud so that we’re not left guessing. What happened? Why hasn’t the Brutosaur appeared in any NA Black Market Auction House’s rotation since July 2021, when the Bruto was supposedly added to the BMAH containers and nothing more (of which there is no evidence it’s dropping from those either)? Do you have any plans to bring it back in another way, such as through the Trading Post or original vendor during BFA Timewalking (with perhaps a higher than original cost?)? What is the official, written stance that Blizzard has on this situation? Blizzard was very clear about the Bruto becoming a regular part of the BMAH back when they announced its removal from the vendor, but that has not been true for two years now. Considering Blizzard has been getting really good with communication, this is another multi-year loop that you can easily close and further prove that your communication is only getting better.

Thanks for the overall improved direction the game has been taking. Dragonflight has certainly been quite a relief and has been far more engaging. It’s a great expansion overall, and I hope you consider and perhaps act upon the feedback given. Thank you!

6/3/2023:

Turkeycat just recently posted a thread in the Community Council forums that has some overlap with this:

Turkeycat, since I can’t respond in the CC forums, I’d like to respond here.

I appreciate your idea and fully support your efforts to bring old content back to the game. I noticed at the end you discussed potentially disabling Naxx drops. What are your thoughts on simply keeping the original source IDs/names locked away, but still providing a way to loot the appearances themselves?

Thank you!

2 Likes