10.1.5 design hopes!

Note: this post is relating to the Scholomance and Naxxramus content in 10.1.5, My primary interest is quests but I tried to include how Transmog, recipe, and achievement folks would appreciate things

What we know for fact: (added to PTR and will likely be in 10.1.5, but could be in later patch)
Several steps (likely secret type thing) help you do a ritual that unlocks “Memory of Scolomance”, A new achievement was also added that requires killing Kitomos the original version of kirtonos, Gandling will then drop a scourgestone which leads you to naxxramus, where another secret takes place, empowering an argent dawn comission, which unlocks “secrets of naxxramus”, there is also new recipes for old appearences.

How we hope this goes:
Upon completion of the secret and unlocking “Memory of Scholomance”, you are then able to enter the Post cata, Pre MoP version, with Eva and lucian Sarkhoff, Weldon and Alexi barov right inside at the start with their 7 quests, (2 of which have transmog rewards)

Once in the memory, you kill gandling, who drops the scourge stone, which could send you to Plaguelands, who tell you maybe investigate wotlk naxxramus with an argent dawn comission (the quest to get this would need to be re-enabled, all NPC’s who offered it are still in game)

With the argent dawn comission in hand, you go into wotlk naxxramus you go and empower it in 3 spots, (at this point you may also go to where Omarion was formerly caged and get “Omarion’s Second book” which unlocks the ability to find pages in wotlk naxxramus to unlock recipes that are BoE versions of old appearences (probably to sell to players who dont want to go through the whole secret to get an appearence)

After empowering your Argent dawn comission, you unlock “Secrets of naxxramus” which would allow you to go back to to Lights hope chapel and accept the quest “The Dread Citadel - Naxxramus” to unlock Memory of Naxxramus (vanilla nax)

Much of the work needed for it to go this way has already been done on the PTR so I wont list those parts but things left would be

un-deprecate the item Nexus Crystal (for the old naxx attune quest)
un-deprecate Kelthuzad’s Phylactery
un-deprecate the Argent dawn comission quests but add the prereq of gandling scourgestone
un-deprecate the Old naxxramus quests with the requirement of the Empowered Comission
Re-add Father Inigo NPC to lights hope chapel
Re-add Mataus the Wrathcaster NPC to lights hope chapel
Re-add Huntsman Leopold NPC to lights hope chapel
Re-add Rohan the Assassin NPC to lights hope chapel
edit: credit to lochton for pointing this out, I hadnt looked at the lore of these characters, it looks like all 4 are dead now, so they would need to be memories or spirits

I believe this would satisfy all types of collectors, and give non collectors an awesome adventure to go on, I hope this can be of help to the dev’s working on this for the PTR to know what we would love to see! :smiley:

Topic’s for conversation here:
If you disagree with anything here please post :slight_smile:

this plan would if no changes were made would let players get Atiesh and Corrupted Ashbringer, which I think are the only points of debate, the simplest thing to do would be to just disable these 2 drops, but that seems kind of silly to be honest, only 0.0094% of players have atiesh currently.

(TLDR was requested, letting devs know our hopes for how the scholo/naxx stuff hinted at in the 10.1.5 PTR will go from the perspective of collectors)

13 Likes

I would be delighted if they readded the possibility to do the quest chains/attunement for both Corrupted Ashbringer and Atiesh. The rest of the gear can either drop from the old Naxx/Scholomance or be crafting recipes.

I get that some might see this as a betrayal for those who did the original grind for these items during Classic but honestly, most of us didn’t play until long after that. A middle ground would be to award a replica when you complete the quest chain instead of the actual item or give the original item and then award those who had the original before 10.1.5 to get an additional version with extra visual effects or something similar.

My general thought is no FOMO, avoid removing content and increase player customization where/when possible.

5 Likes

It would be cool if Blizzard could add in any content that has been removed. Bare minimum though I’d like all mog to be readded.

4 Likes

When it comes to old content that is now gone, I’d rather we started creating something new, and wide.

Have some underground market trying to peddle off Fraudulent Copies, Replicas, or Fakes, give them the old design as it is meant to but no function, apply it as a weekly questline so you can add in a purchase of a new item pr. character pr. week to unlock old item skins/designs - and recolors for such as Corrupted Ashbringer but as, [Fraudulent Copy of the Corrupted Ashbringer]

1 Like

Interesting thoughts, Im not against the idea of cheesy versions, however Im not sure if that would fit to well into what we are seeing the 10.1.5 secret going,

that sounds more like maybe a suspiciously suspicious goblin with a totally not suspicious booth in a corner of valdrakken hehe

A lot of our hope here is for the ability to play content that was removed from retail long before some of us joined WoW :slight_smile:

My comment was more to have reason to bring old stuff back instead of just snap It is back.