My entire guild invited to shadowlands beta

Hi…so I sent in a ticket but was told they dont handle this and have no info so i am posting here…my entire guild was invited to the shadowlands beta to raid test etc…but I was not…now i get beta inv is suppose to be random or some such but in this case my entire guild was invited…at this very moment they are in beta testing and I am…posting on the forums…I am part of the main raid team of my guild…i already bought the elite version of shadowlands …I have been apart of every raid my guild has done this tier …why was I excluded is what i want to know…i would understand if just afew people in my guild was invited but its the whole dang raid team …was this a bug? Was i excluded for some other reason? If i cant get a inv to beta i would like to know why I was singled out to not get a beta inv!

Nope not gona get a beta invite here the peopel here have no way of giving key you opt in and hope for the best its basicly a lottery either you do or you dont.

4 Likes

Only the devs can answer that and they don’t frequent the CS forums for questions.

1 Like

I am the Op …no idea why it posted as a random old alt

To get the obvious out of the way-- did you opt in via the Shadowlands page or just presume it would continue previous tradition via a Blizzard Account page?

Beyond making sure you’re opted in properly, it’s literally just luck of the draw.

1 Like

I def did op in as soon as we was able to same time as everyone else in my guild did…and have checked rechecked and double down checked to make sure

All you can do is hope u get into any of the invite waves thats all we can hope for.

1 Like

Yea i completely understand its all luck if you get a beta inv but in this case i dont think it was…if it was luck others would have not been inv as well…i was told blizz was inv CE guilds to raid test and thats what happened. But for some reason i was the lone man out of my guild who didnt get one

as I said in my previous post, only the devs can answer that and they don’t come here. Maybe ask on twitter @WarcraftDevs

1 Like

Nothing can be done for you here though. CS have NO involvement in the Beta, or granting access.

1 Like

I did not think of twitter good idea…blizz dev dont look at there own forums?

No telling, but they don’t frequent here for player interaction. This is a player help desk with SFA moderation.

2 Likes

Not this particular one.

They do monitor some of the other forums but you will never get a reply from them on the forum.

Generally the forums are player help player, with assistance from Blizzard forum staff/moderators.

3 Likes

Your wasting your time with twitter there not gona give a invite via twitter either or answer why you were neglected.

1 Like

This is literally all you can do. There are no keys. No button for anyone to push. Simply Opt-In. Then wait like the rest of us.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/reminder-there-are-no-beta-keys-for-world-of-warcraft-shadowlands/584556?u=glaivetoss-turalyon

Just FYI, all – some guilds get invited to raid test especially if they’re top x worldwide.

OP – have your GM contact whomever they got the invitation from.

3 Likes

The best I can tell you, Ironsidesx, is that for members of guilds that were invited into beta as part of raid testing that the individual invites are still conditional upon opting in and that you have an account in good standing. If you did not opt in, or your account may have previously been found to have violated policy, you may not qualify for an invite.

Keep in mind, Customer Support has no involvement in inviting folks to beta, we don’t hold a list of who should or should not receive an invite.

They don’t generally come to the CS Forum as this isn’t where feedback is supposed to be posted. Additionally, they aren’t generally looking for individual issues but rather are interested in feedback about quests, classes, spells, and systems.

That is usually a good idea, assuming the guild leader has a contact. The WarcraftDevs twitter handle might be an option, as Community Management tends to monitor that one. There is no guarantee of contact, but make sure you provide a character name/realm if you use it.

7 Likes

Whoa, since when did -- become an emdash (–)

And this is what random looks like. There is no way to circumvent the normal process, certainly not by posting in the forums. And yes, random can sometimes create the illusion of a pattern, but it’s merely a trick of psychology.

The OP is actually right to ask. While most Beta invites are random, some are not.

They intentionally invite certain tier raid guilds to Beta to assist with Raid testing. You can’t just ask a random group of people to test high level content. You need coordinated and experienced raiders - so an existing active team. That is NOT random.

As Vrak said though, there are conditions that must be met (opted in and in good standing).

7 Likes