My dps is garbage and i don't know why

You’re still using sub par talents…

Ok. Quick and dirty scrub of your log for normal grong compared to my normal grong this week (which was in a pug):

Your fight length: 3:24
Mine: 3:28

Your rank 93/51 ilvl 404 21k dps
Mine 96/90 ilvl 402 22.5k dps

Your star surge casts: 30
My SS casts: 35

You cast 49 LS (only 39 empowered)
My LS casts: 45 (46 empowerments)

Your SW casts: 41
Mine: 63

You seem to spend alot of time at 3 SW empowerments. This leads me to believe your wasting SW empowerments.

So aside from using sub par talents you’re wasting SW empowerments and casting unempowered LS. Both are big no nos. Your group also used bloodlust at 2:42 instead of the beginning so you didnt get full use of lust with incarn.

Bottom line: use the right spec, work on your rotation, stop worrying about what your sim says.

2 Likes

no one on my entire server shard could come close to 30k on norm grong. honestly it aligns with a 4 min ish light movement sim…

you’re telling me a 4 min light movement sim for you is 30k dps? like I said literally no one on Daggerspine, Hakkar, bonechewwer, or any of the other realms on my whole shard is anywhere near capable of those numbers.

you just basically said there isn’t a single good person on my entire realm and that I should be doing 50% more dps than I can actually output

EDIT: also you did only 1k more dps than me on a shorter fight on a heroic grong

also i can tell you equip lower ilvl gear for higher parses…

Top balance parse world wide for normal grong is 36k…

my SW only crits for like 10k though honestly I didnt even think it was much to care about O_O

maybe I should focus more on empowerments

Yeah. Most of the 1st page of normal Grong parses for balance is 2m kills or less, too.

If you’re topping the parse with the group you run with, then why do you care?

Put it this way, would you rather be in a guild where you are 10th, but higher on the world/region parse? or first and lower on the world/region parse?

On the one hand NO ONE CARES and on the other, you’re helping your team get through the content you’re working on.

1 Like

my guild GM says I’m lacking in performance because my % per item level is low even if I’m top DPS… honestly I dont know wtf to do about it, and I don’t see adding a 2% from stellar flare getting my parses higher when I already don’t have perfect dot uptime

as far as natures balance just tried it on M+ and I feel like it’s garbage… I don’t see how it has better astral power generation than warrior of elune which has added damage and movement abailities helping the most immoble caster there is move and dps

Do you not read??? Or are you just incapable of understanding and making necessary adjustments.

YOU ARE UNDERPERFORMING!
YOU HAVE THE WRONG TALENTS!!
YOU DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR CLASS OR ROTATION!!

I literally told you exactly what you were doing wrong, yet here you are asking why…

I hope you get gkicked.

2 Likes

The most immobile caster? You’re nuts lol

You take trees in m+. That talent is literally the only reason why boomie aren’t rotting at feral druid viability.

2 Likes

tell you what

make a compelling message to my GM yourself and tell him why I’m so bad and get me Gkicked.

I’m literally pretty much top dps in my guild, and the tallents are literally 2% damage…

been working on my dot uptime and its been better lately

anyway I’d honestly laugh if you got me gicked cause I would get insta invited to literally any guild in my server I wanted. Other druids are doing better than my actual sim dps by like 3k I noticed and even if I talented like you said it wouldnt make a difference. your’re literally calling me garbage over a couple% loss overall.

so if I’m that bad then how bad is the rest of my entire server shard which has maybe 20 ppl total which can even out dps me?

and trees has GARBAGE dmg output and I only take them on high keys, why tf would I need it on an 8 key??

only reason I would take trees is if the tank would have issue surviving cause its a huge dps loss and my M+ trash dmg is already so much lower than my raid dmg as it is

Nah, I’m not going to try and compel your GM to do anything, nor am I going to give you any more advice.

You came here and asked for help and many people took the time to look at your logs and offer valid advice, but you refuse to take it.

Have fun thinking you’re good because you can top meters in your scrub guild on your trash server.

Enjoy the blue and green parses!

2 Likes

I think a better question is: why would anyone take a boomy if they don’t wanna take trees?

The whole point of taking trees is so the tank can pull even bigger and use the trees as a defensive cd. It speeds up runs and saves lives. If you picked boomy to do non-laughable dps then you picked the wrong class.

And on a sidenote, I think that entire realm pool is a bad place for anyone that wants to actually improve. Based on what I read in this thread, you’ve already been conditioned to believe your dps is acceptable because everyone else does so much worse. And maybe it is acceptable if the guys you play with are just casual, but for anything more hardcore like mythic raiding, it’s better if you transfer to illidan or malganis because I feel like you need a rude awakening but nothing on that realm pool can offer that. If you’re interested in that kind of stuff, my server has over 40 cutting edge guilds you can try for.

:frowning:

I mean no guild is past 3/9 mythic on my whole realm,

I been raiding with my guild since WOTLK over the years and like these people, I mean I want to improve but I’m just not comfortable with the other specs yet, leveled doing battlegrounds and any other spec feels clunky and I kinda winged it making it work and this is the first time my parses have looked this bad in this xpac. I figured I’d keep my spec until I have every boss in rid tier on mindless farm with 0 mistakes before focusing on how to switch class mechanics on top of it. Been working on dot uptime and aparrently my empowerment caps are bad now, honestly I feel like solar wrath hits like a wet noodle maybe thats why it gets capped sometimes

Part of being a great team memeber and fellow raider is constantly trying to improve yourself so you can compliment any raid or mythic + group and not be dead weight. I’m a casual raider that 99% pugs with randoms and with some friends I’ve met on other servers. But I literally will only raid with this massive CE guild (they have 8 CE groups and a few newer groups) I’m in IF they need a decent dps for something. I’m still doing everything I can to research and sim myself to improve my middle of the road feral dps. Take everyone’s advise because these people are doing you a solid and investigating what roadblock you’re hitting dps wise.

yall keep calling me garbage but i literally went and tuned my character for countless hours getting wat gear i could before i even decided to respond because im not gunna talk trash until i have proof i can back it up.

Turns out my gear was garbage and i was stuck on crit build. now i have the highest sim DPS on server cause i managed to get some BiS rings, warforged mythic wep and 2/3 BiS azerite traits. while the third piece is 2nd BiS and only 1% worse than BiS. essentially my drood is almost 100% BiS for item level other than if i got a titanforged jadefire staff, ignition mage fuse or balefire branch.

in uldir i was at a 2-3% loss from using my old spec and now it’s a 10% loss. not only that but the biggest issue was my gear stats made any other spec clunky. none of you ever realized the entire point of my spec was essentially givin gmy druid RAGE POTIONS FOR STARSURGE SPAMS ON COMMAND.

anyway I plateued in that spec and would even out dps my slight movement sims at times on grong. i ended up seeing other droods sim higher than me who did less damage, investigated and proceeded to making my new build.

raidbots site -----> /simbot/report/rnuGSgxZjmpM3K5kZu7mK6

warcraftlogs site -----> reports/jhPtF2q9D87rdYCX#fight=10&type=damage-done

as you can see my parses are WAY higher and that was the first day ive ever used stellar flare since mythic zek when the spec was unusable and i had no AP generation at all which made it a real world DPS loss

now first time ever trying starlord spec I got an 83% uptime and out dpsed me in my old spec which is something very few boomies on my realm can even do

I know you can control the buff but I had a working theory of how the top boomie in the world got 97% starlord uptime and most boomies in entry level mythic guilds on myserver do about 70% uptime. controlling the buff for 4 sec left and new buff renewal isnt the whole story. its also about haste and GCD window timings as well as distance from boss because of time delay on projectiles as well as your actual latency in play. essentially you can tune the windows your spells hit boss by changing haste like tuning a carburetor.

then i went at the target dummy for 28 mins straight single fight trying to focus on it with a weak aura macro

my brain hurt for a half hour but i got the uptime up to 89% at a loss of dot uptimes from try harding it

then i just got some 415 BiS bracers from my loot box that curb stompy my 420 titanforged bracers of legal devotion which is neck and neck with my 385 socketed amethyst studded bindings from op which is INSANE btw

turns out it made my haste stat weight go from 3.56 to 3.42

then i swapped out a 40 mastery gem for haste and now my haste is worth 3.58 which means im like within literally a few haste stat points from diminishing returns until it lines up with the next window of gcd times

now i got 91% uptime on starlord effortlessly not even thinking about it and good other dot uptimes barely paying attention to the weak aura

now i took some ilvl off and sim higher which i wont complain about and best of all my haste went up by about 50 after minmaxing some gems and yall might wanna look at my stat weights:

Mastery

Critical Strike

Versatility

Intellect

never seen anyone elses overall stats rounded worth that much across the board yet so even tho my weps arent BiS ive even tuned my stat weights to drop as much vers as possible while only having alch stone+ mythic warforged blade of disciples actually ends up being almost BiS cause without it and my offhand my vers value would shoot up past mastery anyway.

essentially TL;DR:

i been taking a 10% loss on damage across the board on top parsing boomies and never knew why until i messed with this spec using proper gear and gear scaling changed it entirely from unplayable to more than viable. i been using this spec 2 days now. wait until i master it with 2 months in.

not only that but i did as much dmg as usual on opulance last parse and then found out my high dumb*** ended up forgetting boomkin form which was only 37k but woulda been over 40k. pretty much 100% proof that i can get 10% better dmg and have room to grow instead of plateauing my spec entirely.

1 Like

edit no idea why it posed on my garbage pally

that’s a lot of hate to harbor for 2 entire months, friend

Yoooooo THIS IS GREAT.LMAO

2 Likes