My disabled son - ‘the nobleman, the philanderer, the detective’

Apologies if this has already been posted here (from the EU forums):

Continuing the discussion from My disabled son - ‘the nobleman, the philanderer, the detective’:

17 Likes

Alas I am out of likes at the moment my Amazonian applesauce, yet rest assured I would like this a thousand times if I could. No, I am not crying. I just poked myself in the eye with one of my tentacles.

3 Likes

i just read this over there and it was a very nice share

1 Like

Don’t think it was posted here. Read it over on reddit a while ago tho.

Pretty sad.

1 Like

So people have an easy link to the article.

Touching story.

“I think Mats was lucky to belong to our time, technologically,” she adds. “In Starlight he was a key member. If he had been born 15 years earlier, he wouldn’t have found a community like that.”

He may have found the really sweet spot in WoW’s history to have been playing and making these connections. Makes me think in another 15 years what will be left. I wonder if mobile gaming will take over and computer gaming will be a thing of the past.

The first real guild I joined in early 2005 is where I met my husband, I ended up moving 1400 miles in 2008 and now we have two beautiful children.

It makes me sad to see guilds getting the shaft developmentally when they’re the backbone of WoW.

3 Likes

What do you mean I’m crying? I swear I’m not crying, it’s just sweat I promise! Proceeds to let a single tear run down cheek, tries to hold back emotions

2 Likes

Thank you for adding the link.

That’s wonderful! It’s too bad we don’t see more of these stories here. I started playing because my son was playing and it was great bonding for us.

Truly a beautiful story and as cold hearted as I am, even I wish we had more stories like this one.

You do have a way with words my dear

1 Like

A moving story. Thank you for sharing, and belated condolences to Mats’ Family, Friends, Guild, & Loved Ones. RIP.