My characters are STILL black and textureless!

seems like a blizzard issue at this point and they need to fix it.

1 Like

New NVIDIA cards bugged since beta. We cant see textures / new barbershop stuff like colors etc.

im seeing such a range of video cards with this problem on the forums that I am beginning to wonder if its not the video card.

Have you updated the drivers on your graphics card I need to do that tonight when I get home I’ve been forgetting but I had no problem with loading the characters on the PTR.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled my card and drivers. I have had this issue for weeks now on the beta and was hoping that it was just a bug that when reported would be squashed before it went live. I have tried many things and was just waiting for the patch with the hopes that my toon would have eyeballs.

Nope.

Seems there are many people unable to see anything but black textures on a number of different video cards. I am hoping blizz can find a fix for it. I cant justify paying 1500 to update my computer again when I have a great pc that worked well yesterday in BFA.

2 Likes

This is an issue with “old” AMD processors that supposedly no longer meet the specs for the game to run Shadowlands tech:

I’m having the same problem, cleaned cache, updated drivers, scan and repaired and nothing has changed. I am NOT buying a new computor to play this game when it was working perfectly before the updates and patches. This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

what seems to be the problem?

My only guess is that it might be a comp issue, still trying to figure it out myself. On my newer computer there are no issues and the skins and textures load properly, but on my older computer I am having the same issue.

1 Like

theres a thread thats been answered. Waiting for updates.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/missing-textures-on-players-and-npcs/675707/116
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/aceattorney/images/0/0a/Phoenix_in_despair.png/revision/latest?cb=20140614201308

It’s sad this glitch is making WoW pretty much unplayable, while I have seen the black missing textures in other games before, making small changes like adjusting MSAA or Ambient Occlusion, or simply reinstalling the textures would fix the issue. The fact that the issue cropped up immediately following the pre-patch, suggests a simple coding change may be responsible, I hope the issue is found out soon.

This issue has been raised months ago in beta. Looks like it maybe due to old processors that dont meet min requirements.

Add some kale. That stuff has a lot of… texture.

I have a 1060 but not having issues.

Maybe uninstalling and reinstall can help?

1 Like

PO-TAT-O Computer

Unbelievable… all these years, I’ve played this game with little to no problems, and now I have to go buy a new processor - just to be able to continue playing a game I’ve been paying $15 a month for, and to enjoy one of the newest features that I’ve been waiting for?!

And my brothers used to wonder why I like console games better.

Same exact same thing here. No eyes and blank skin. I’m fully updated.

I had the dame problem yesterday, that the character selection screen would just stay black. In my case, I didn’t have to do anything and it would just load after a few seconds. Today I have not had the problem so far

I have two new Nvidia cards. Not having an issue with them.

So it’s not all new Nvidia cards.