My brother was falsely banned and is giving up

Only one I ever heard of is Warden and all that will do is flag an account with all the information it picked up. That gets sent to a gm for review

4 Likes

If it was on the old forums, you’re probably talking about Warden. Yes, there is an “automated” program detecting what you’re running on your computer. It does not make decisions about who to ban, and there are ZERO…read that again, ZERO account actions handed out without a human being’s input.

8 Likes

I remember the post from the old forums.

Blizzard used a script/automation to go through the millions of characters/accounts to look for specific parameters when looking for accounts using a specific program (such as a bot program). This automation was done just to get the list of accounts to check. They were then manually checked and account action was applied. The time mentioned in this thread used parameters that weren’t narrow enough to get just the ones using the banned program. This was in a Blue Post in GD at the time IIRC. Blizzard unbanned the accounts accidentally caught in this ban wave.

8 Likes

Even if someone is mass reported unless they broke the rules then nothing happens. You do not get action-ed just because people report you! You have to have violated the TOS. Each end every report is investigated by a GM!

7 Likes

I very much doubt this.

Do not believe streamers who make a video showing the squelch work and they act like they had no clue what will happen! Oh the drama. Streamers do not always tell the whole truth and love to make things look and sound worse, Why for more views!

8 Likes

They do not, best that will happen is they would be squelched. Auto Suspensions just do not happen.

11 Likes

Please don’t take advice from YouTubers and other influencers, they have sponsors and get PAID for every click/like they get. Get your info from blizzard or these forums, not someone making money spreading misinformation about the game.

8 Likes

And by theses forums, I assume you mean CS specifically. There are some regulars in GD who are worse than twitch streamers for accuracy.

7 Likes