My Battle.net account was banned by misunderstood

To whom it may concern:
I am a player who has played WOW for about 20 years in my country. And I’m one of the oldest group of players who joined the beta test. I moved to North America recently and heard that WOW will open The War Within, so I registered a new account in NA Server and find a friend to recruit me. He even gives me an epic CDKey. When I was looking forward returning to Azeroth, this Wednesday I received an email notifying me that my Battle.net account, had been banned. But there are no details to be mentioned, just told me that I had violated the related policy. These days I just play my character normally. Maybe cause I was opening Surfshark VPN and connecting a European node when I registered my Battle.net account. But I promise I have never been involved in any studio trade. The most important is that I never use cheat software, change the model in the game, buy Studio Gold, or even rarely chat in the game. So I think there must be something misunderstood. So, please help me to reactivate my account. Or at least tell me what mistake I made. Thank you so much. Have a good one.

Before we can provide guidance on what you can do, we’ll need to know if either:

1. The Battle.net Account has been closed, or
  2. Just one WoW Account has been closed.

Once I have that information, I’ll be able to guide you more accurately!

4 Likes

The first situation.

When I try to login I always received the tips as following:

Your Battle.net Account is banned.
[Get Help: BLZBNTTAS00000006 ]

Well the only thing u can do is apeal theres nothing realy that can be done via the forums.

4 Likes

Thanks for that!

To appeal your Battle.net Account Action, you’ll need to visit:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/2175/ticket

Appealing is not a means to plea your case, but rather for Blizzard to take another look to see what happened.

Best of luck!

4 Likes

Also, you need to remove your email address from the post. It is best not to have your email posted in a publicly accessible forum.

5 Likes

Thanks for your advice I’ll try to do so.

2 Likes

Total shot in the dark, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this is probably where the problem lies.

Let’s be clear, it’s perfectly fine for someone to give you a legitimately purchased/obtained key. But I’m going to venture a guess there was some shady business going on with the key that you were given, and by redeeming it, implicated yourself in the scheme.

Regardless, all you can do is submit an appeal and see if some kind of error was made.

5 Likes