My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

If you are saying that like alleria, most of the high elves are void elves now and want ro make them purple, fine they can have purple high elves, but we cant have two of the same on different factions.

They’ve grown on me.

How? That personal argument can go a long ways toward nothing in a lot of different directions, but I would like to hear it. Especially since you said it would have been fine early on.

From what I can gather, it was “lobbied” for. However, it wasnt until allied races became a thing that it actually made sense.

it’s not fair that they twirl but nightborne don’t do the nelf thingy. :frowning:

3 Likes

Case in point. A lot of compromises were made with velves. And i have heard the helfer say they would be fine if velves were given white skin, Blond hair and blue eyes. They admit there is no fantasy and that it is all cosmetic.

4 Likes

As a caster I’m jealous of their racial. Mine doesn’t help me at all. I wish it bounced off my pet or something.

1 Like

they have the 2nd most op racial in the game. the transmog racial. it’s 2nd only to diplomacy in terms of useful racials. time to nerf the alliance imo. XD

To be fair, people who want playable Alliance High Elves do all want different things. Part of what makes the conversation hard is that we collapse all the categories, but it doesn’t help that they cycle the subject and reduce arguments when you talk to them.

…Or they make up the rules of engagement so you can’t.

5 Likes

Man, my racial goes to waste a lot because I rarely change mogs. Id rather have access to a bank wherever.

1 Like

sometimes i change mine 3-4 times in a day. and then go back to the same mog i always use. but i made this mog i’m using myself, rn, and i am not changing it for a while. lol

There has been almost no interaction with high elves for the past twelve years, there is no history or setimental attachment. The alliance wants the cosmetic model and it is not a good enough reason to confuse faction identity with models that look the same.

most of them have said they want the models to be different. like zandalari vs darkspear different. if that is the case what problem would you have assuming they didn’t look exactly the same?

1 Like

But how would they like them to look different?

They say that. And no it’s nowhere near that far, it’s more like slap the blood elf texture on a night elf or human body and tweak it to make it fit. All their examples look like Blood Elves.

1 Like

I think that’s what come out because that’s what the most aggressive members argue for and the others stay quiet or fall in line. I tried to establish what their priorities are when they aren’t trying to preach. Most of them, like Queen of the Sunday Forums, refuse to have those conversations. A lot of them just want lore continuity and would have been happy with them as Void Elves if that was the Void Elf origin story. Some of them would prefer them on the Alliance but would except them on the Horde. They just want them to have a bigger role in the overall story and continuity in the lore.

who is “queen of the sunday forums” and why does this feel like trolling? lol

It’s like an update to the blood elves… which is BADLY needed.

You should check the megathread. High elves have been present on the alliance every expansion just as much as gnomes and other races. I dont see what that has to do with horde or blood elf immersion though.

Ah so it is all about the appearance to you. Let me fix that confusion for you though. Enemies have different colored nameplates. If you come across a void elf in a BG with all their armor on next to a blood elf you will want to attack the one with a red name. If you try yo attack the other one your buttons wont work.

2 Likes

i never accidentally try to attack horde pandas in pvp either for some reason.

1 Like

so have undead elves :tipping_hand_woman: