My apology to Jesse McCree

I’ve called out this person for being in Cosby suite and taking the message in a certain way.

After some explanation from people present, it actually seems quite plausible.

They named it Cosby suite because rug looked like Cosby’s sweater, and got the picture to fit that narrative.

This was before allegations against Cosby went public and became center of talk (or frankly, a joke in poor taste, not going to hate on them for having bad sense of humor), and the biggest reason I’m hesitant to condemn them is, put yourself in their shoes, would you openly expose yourself on social media and hang around that place if it wasn’t just a room for getting drunk?

And while conversation seemed to make them look bad in my eyes, the comments make some sense if Alex was the type to get handsy when drunk and they picked fun at him.

I am returning to neutral stance on this, rather than going on mindless witch hunt on people I know nothing about, based on Twitter information.

37 Likes

lmao. Mmmk.

45 Likes

I keep seeing this pop up. There were known allegations dating back to 2005.

Also, there’s another photo floating around of Alex posting a text conversation between the crew about bringing chicks back to “The Cos” and they were commenting on the picture.

I thought it could have been a fake pic at first but from what I can tell it was he who posted it in the first place. Would be a silly thing to fake and post to your own account.

51 Likes

A lot of people will argue the allegations were public long before 2014, but I swear to God I wasn’t aware of anything until the comedian stuff started trending on social media. I think a lot of people assume that everyone knew, but I personally had no idea.

It’s possible they all knew, but I can’t say for certain if they did or not. I was obviously not there.

30 Likes

Yeah they’re cherry picking. I had no idea about any of the Cosby stuff before 2014/2015.

People like riling up the mob and going on witch hunts, it’s in human nature.

Like sure hate on Afrasiabi, he was a sleazebag, getting drunk and hitting on women, but other guys… Nah. Not gonna blame them for anything.

30 Likes

are you saying you actually knew about them in 2005? or that if you do a search for documents today, some of them date back that far?

16 Likes

Press (X) to doubt

26 Likes

It’s best to just stay out of things that don’t concern you. That’s how I look at it. Hard to get factual evidence unless you’re directly involved anyways.

Not my fight to fight. Much support for the victims though if said accusations are true.

11 Likes

It wasn’t before the allegations were well known. They were covered by media in mid-2000s.

Not commenting on whether that is what motivated the suite name or not, but simply pointing this out. I moved to a small village in Western Mass where Cosby owned a large estate in 2008 and remember jokes about his rapes being told back then.

3 Likes

Oh I don’t doubt that’s true. I’m sure most people don’t remember because they tried hard to sweep it under the rug. And did so successfully for a while.

But it absolutely feels more devious given the current situation, and the way they talked about it makes it worse.

Maybe it’s true they named the room after his sweater. I just want to point out that they can’t play the “there’s no way we could have known what he was at that time” card like they’re trying to.

6 Likes

Calling it the Cosby suite is maybe the least of the problems.

6 Likes

Optics wise I don’t think really matters for them (employees involved). Most companies will err on the side of caution

Yeah. That’s the approach.

Allegations with Cosby go back to the 60’s.

Cosby’s repertoire with women was an open secret for decades and those allegations were damning even back then. It didn’t really pick up mainstream appeal until Hannibal Buress’s famous Cosby rant. Once it hit the zeitgeist the floodgates opened to people being actually taking it seriously.

If anything, I see this as a more damning indication of their actions. Here you have a high profile actor who is a known predator that can go about untouched thanks to their celebrity. People know of it, talk it amongst each other, but literally no action is taken until a spotlight is shown on them on a massive scale. They most certainly knew that, and still modeled themselves after that. And it unfolded the same way; it was an open secret within the company and despite the voices that spoke out at blizzard it was trampled down thanks to the company’s celebrity. It wasn’t until a massive spotlight was brought on their misconduct were any repercussions met. Once it hits the zeitgeist you are once again DOA, and unfortunately without a mob mentality corporate is more than willing to sweep abuse under the rug in favor of milking their customer base for everything they have.

11 Likes

Known to who though? The Cosby allegations didn’t blow up to the general public until 2014-2015.

Also this picture was on their facebook. Like some of the guys in the picture are obviously garbage human beings but I think the Cosby photo is just a massive coincidence.

Why would they publicly display themselves holding a photo of Bill Cosby in a room that they planned on assaulting women if they were aware of his sexual assault allegations?

I find it really hard to believe they’re that dumb to take that photo and post it online if they actually knew what we all know now about Cosby.

9 Likes

You like to irish up your coffee apparently.

3 Likes

I’m a Jameson man, personally.

Although that has nothing to due with the fact that there were dozens of credible assault allegations of Cosby and the fact that literally nothing is done to powerful people until their hands are forced to make a change.

Elites will always protect elites. Try not to get it twisted.

5 Likes

Exactly. I remember hearing about Cosby back in the early 2000s, but it got swept mostly until his trial in 2014. I think he even settled out of court in like 2005 or 2006.

7 Likes

Maybe true but the general public had no knowledge of it nor any obligation to search for such knowledge.

8 Likes

Cosby has had allegations against him since before 2014. Using “well the photo was 1 year earlier!!” is a gigantic cop out and choosing to be willfully ignorant. Hell, me and my friends were always making Cosby jokes during high school, that was during mid 2000s.

5 Likes