My apology to Jesse McCree

I can say for a fact that Cosby’s allegations were very well known by then. I used to work at this hotel and our executive chef was pretty creepy towards women. People called him “Chef Cosby” in the kitchen and joked about what he put in his puddin pops. I left that job in 2012.

12 Likes

2005 Civil suit with 12 women who testified that he drugged and assaulted them with some publicly speaking about it ever since. 2014 is when some people suddenly started believing it.

Also when you look at what went on there and that “there must always be a Cosby suite” regarding a party room where they brought women to get dunk and sleep with them? That is bad enough regardless of if they knew about the decade old allegations or not.

8 Likes

Friendly reminder that these messages were from 2013, which was long before anything Cosby had done was widely known public knowledge.

Possibly, but no more hard to believe than other dumb stories you hear about all the time. People get caught up in the moment and feel like they’re untouchable.

I’m not saying they definitely did know, just saying that it can’t be ruled out. The responses of “they couldn’t have known” aren’t true. May not have, but definitely could have.

2 Likes

I don’t have a formal timeline for my Cosby rumors, but I definitely know the first time I heard anything about him was well before 2014. Where I was living at the time would have put it between 2007-2010.

1 Like

A civil suit was filed against Cosby in 2005 for multiple assaults.

You can get on out of here with that statement.

10 Likes

Oh he was convicted in 2005?

1 Like

Civil trial. I think it was settled out of court, but it was public. It wasn’t until years later that he was criminally prosecuted.

3 Likes

The one thing I don’t understand is what’s so bad about the Cosby Suite’s name?

It was before the allegations for him happened, right?

Away with your strawman arguments. Shoo, shoo.

You stated “wEll no ONe kNeW uNtil LATER,” then it was shown yes, people knew and talked about it, and you try to conflate it elsewhere. This argument would fail POLI 101, sorry not sorry.

9 Likes

He settled cases levelled against him in 2005.

This was reported by the media at the time.

So with that in mind it’s more than likely that the Cosby Suite had nothing to do with sweaters or rugs.

7 Likes

If you scroll through the rest of the bread you’ll see that it was well known by the mid-2000s. A number of people here have shared their personal recollections and the timelines fine. There was also considerable media coverage around the original little suit.

4 Likes

They referenced the Cosby suite in terms of bringing women there to take advantage of, so yes, they were aware.

They can try to meander and bullsh1t however they like, but it’s painfully obvious they are lies. Aside from that, it doesn’t really matter what they called it, the actions are abhorrent regardless.

Let it burn

9 Likes

Oh yeah? Well then, bummer.

1 Like

Celebrities are targets of opportunity. Stuff like that happens all the time. It’s not real to the public until the orange jumpsuit and cuffs are on.

I’m not defending Cosby, screw him but people can’t be condemned for not knowing or caring about celebrity allegations.

It sounds like people are just disappointed the Twitter mob wasn’t as active back then.

1 Like

I mean it’s possible that they didn’t know, but not very probable. So bummer indeed.

I remember people having that same sentiment at the time and then more and more women came forward and it was really hard to ignore.

Given what server you’re from, I’m not surprised.

“We named it after a room with a carpet pattern that looked like an ugly sweater.”

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure ya did.

6 Likes

The allegations against Bill Cosby became public record in 2005.

That’s EIGHT years for more allegations (not even going to mention the allegations from the 60’s that were pushed under the rug). I remember hearing about it in the mid 2000’s. These guys work in the entertainment industry. Word moves. They knew of the allegations one way or another.

Now couple that with the group text that one of the participants has confirmed is real and he was embarrassed and made excuses.

Re: the group chat. Dave was talking about his own wife and a friend. It was a joke, not intended for a broad audience. But the chat is gross and I completely understand how it looks. I should have said something.

July 28, 2021

Not looking good…

8 Likes