My 6-month request to return AH Brutosaur to vendor

Yup!

My real beef though - as in, my 100% biggest problem with the removal (besides the way it was announced, handled, and the fact it was taken off), was in their announcement, they made it clear it would be put on the BMAH.

So we read that and go “Oh thank god, we’ll still have some way to obtain this after 8.3, even if it’s going to be a bigger pain”.

And now here we are, nearly an entire year since it showed up on any NA BMAH market.

We can’t even try to win it when that’s made impossible by the fact it hasn’t shown up at all.

2 Likes

I would LOVE to see that happen, simply for the Yellowstone caldera supervolcano in 2012 level of nerd rage that would erupt.

TBH though, I’m sure that the Brutosaur mount will come back to an honest to god vendor at some point. Perhaps a different color, perhaps not at 5 million gold.

Why?

Tokens. And more revenue for Blizzard.

Even though at current token rates, one would have to buy $600 (30 of them) of tokens to accumulate 5 million gold. Given the cost of decking out a character in Diablo Immortal…that’s chump change.

2 Likes

What I don’t get is… Blizzard loves money.

The mount costs 5,000,000 gold. That’s $580 worth of WoW tokens.

Do et!

1 Like

Don’t forget the brawler’s guild mounts.

If they return even 1 mount then every single removed mount in game should be returned.

1 Like

Content should never be removed. That’s just my thought on it.
FFXIV has the right idea there.

3 Likes

Sure.

-Brewfest Ram should’ve never been taken out of the game. Not to mention 0 warning was given for it.
-Prior glad mounts should be purchasable with a glad-version of the vicious saddle, only earnable with glad wins.
-Since we’ve established blizz can make past content harder than original (Mage Tower), why not bring back the aotc mounts and scale players down? Perhaps extend this to even older content, such as the plagued proto, original ZA bear, etc.? Stick Zidormi at the entrance of the dungeons/raids

Etc.

2 Likes

I agree 100% that the Brontosaur mount should never have been removed from the general vendor. I bought mine during BfA, a lot of people said nasty things about people who worked hard to get one (I worked my tail off!), and I’ve never heard Blizzards justification for removing the mount.

You’d think so. But how long did they ignore playerbase demands and wishes with ‘You think you do but you don’t’? Lost a bundle there for a while. Arrogance trumps greed sometimes.

Yeah. If its here, it is here to STAY. I don’t own a Time Traveling Delorean and its nonsensical to think a anyone does. People got lives, things happen, priorities change. Life happens. And they should know that.

I agree with keeping the difficulty or even making it harder. Make people still earn it. But make it available.

1 Like

You bought your bruto 2 expansions before it was created.

Thats impressive.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that. I do understand them removing some things. Gladiator, CM, Brawler, KSM and AOTC are “been there, done that” seasonal rewards. There will never again be a season 1 Shadowlands KSM or Gladiator. These kind of challenges are a test of skill for what you had at the time (except AOTC.) There’s nothing wrong with having some exclusive rewards.

However, like I said about Longboi, he wasn’t a test of skill. He was just a damn vendor mount. Something like that should never be removed. And for the plagued and black proto-drake, those achievements weren’t that hard because Wrath Naxx wasn’t that hard but not dying, especially on certain fights, was a real challenge and that has its own reward (the titles.) So there was no reason to remove the mounts.

1 Like

Ok, I have no idea whether to be relieved or entirely livid (and no, this isn’t the GM’s fault - I 5-starred the survey because they clearly read my ticket and did not beat around the bush with their answer - job well done to the GM, I’m happy with them):

Interpret that as you wish (me personally, I’m interpreting this as the appearance nerf being intentional).

For a second I thought you were asking if they’d add the Brutosaur as a 6-month mount reward.

I was like… could you even imagine the shockwave through the community if the 6-month reward wasn’t just some new mount appearance but the dang brutosaur!? (Also could you imagine how much freakin’ money Blizzard would make overnight!?

There’s a reason for this. Once people started buying the brutosaurs, Blizzard watched our behavior. There weren’t that many of us at first, but we all did the same thing.

We stopped going to town.

That’s right. I have my own AH, my own repair merchant, my own bank, my own mailboxes, and I don’t ever have to go back to town again. And if you know me, neither do you.

Blizzard did not like that.

From now until the end of time, they’ll never be able to force us brutosaur owners to visit any city unless we just feel like going. It frustrates them because they can’t rely on the AH to draw us in anymore.

As BfA marched on, more and more people bought brutosaurs and they made the decision to stop selling them as soon as they could get away with it.

Their failure to put them back in is certainly by design. They don’t want them back in. In fact, they’d love to take out the ones that are already bought, but it’s too late.

I would buy that if we didn’t still have Garrison AHs, which are far better than open-world ones that get nuked by the opposing faction on a regular basis.

If that was their reasoning, then all they did was push us back to our Garrisons.

1 Like

Pretty sure they wanted to make it a limited thing just to attract more whales with FOMO.

I’d meet halfway and say they should make another mount with the same functionality, just a different aesthetic. Maybe not so expensive either but that ship of reasonable prices on anything has likely sailed. Just within this expansion AH purples have gone from costing a token to costing between 3-5. That’s too rich for my blood.

No it doesn’t. It was there for a long time, everyone was given warning WAY WAY ahead of time that it was being removed. People made sacrifices to get that before it was removed.

No thanks.

I think their reasoning was more focused on the people around you who are in AH-poor questing areas who can circumvent ever returning to town by just looking for a brutosaur.

You absolutely can go to your garrison to use your AH, but it takes deliberate effort to bring another player into your garrison.

Whereas with the brutosaur, we just stand next to the Oribos mailbox and suddenly, Oribos has an AH it wasn’t designed to have. We can bring an AH to the Maw, to raids, to any outdoor area we please, and it’s usable by everyone in the area.

I don’t think there’s any real reason for them to be concerned about it, but I remember Ion mentioning them not doing future AH mounts for that reason.

Based on my understanding of Blizzard’s outlook on the brutosaur, we’d probably make more progress if we requested a cheaper brutosaur mount without the auctioneer. I think Blizzard’s primary reservation about the mount was its AH functionality, which was also why it was so expensive.

1 Like