My 6-month request to return AH Brutosaur to vendor

No please stay on it… maybe they’ll listen to common sense… I know it is rare, and a super power, but you have it.

1 Like

What he said was true. It was discovered to be removed on a PTR server I think? After that the news spread. Later on Blizz finally came out and admitted it. If it wasn’t for the random discovery, Blizz may have never announced its removal. We will never know.

2 Likes

But I like my avocado toast feast.

Not everyone was playing when it was in game. There is no reason it should have been removed, it should be put back on the vendor.

1 Like

This is pretty asinine of you. Both the mammoth and yak are still available from their respective vendors. The entire point of the mounts is to be a gold sink, removing only one of them(which also happens to be the most expensive one) from the vendor is completely pointless.

Blizz has added a completely pointless barrier of entry to a mount that already had a big enough barrier. The cost. People who can collect and save 5 million gold to spend on one mount have more than spent enough time and investment to be able to just buy it from the vendor outright. Also, not everyone played during BFA. Just like not everyone played during wotlk or MoP, yet the mammoth and yak weren’t removed from the vendor.

2 Likes

June 5, 2022.

Dear Diary,

Almost 11 months since Bruto was last seen on the BMAH on ANY US realm. Blizzard continues to not care.

3 Likes

Calm down, kid. Someone having a different opinion than you doesn’t make theirs asinine.

Not pointless at all. Blizzard wanted a gold sink, and it wanted to create an exclusive mount. It checked both of those boxes, served its purpose, and now its gone.

They’re not mobile auction houses. Apples and oranges.

LOL because this is exactly like going back in time? Its code…they can bring it back. You should go back in time and rethink your argument.

Putting it on the BMAH wasn’t their justification for removing it, and they may intend for it to show up at an extremely low frequency.

At least part of their point is that obsessing over something no longer available in a game isn’t psychologically healthy.

Having the Brutosaur mount is like being a Lawyer. Everyone makes fun of you and mocks you, until they need you.

1 Like

As I understand it, there is a very long list of items that can appear in the BM AH and the Bruto is just one of them, so it has as much chance as any other item to roll a 6 to appear on the BM at any time. So I dont think its that they deliberately made it less than anything. Its no less than Invincible’s chance of being on it. It just another example of the old RNG.

But they are obsessing over it…they are just on the other side of the argument.

This is incorrect. We know there’s weighted RNG and it’s why Ordos and T3 are up on a daily basis, and other items like the ZG tiger are only around every couple weeks.

Also keep in mind that the BMAH is not shared across all of NA. Each realm/connected realm group has their own BMAH and their own listings. That’s a lot of opportunities per day for any given item to show up.

For fun I just submitted a ticket that focused on whether they can confirm there’s a bug being worked or not. We’ll see what they say.

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t in a position to try and bargain with me.

Return the vendor, artificial scarcity is BS.

1 Like

FOMO items is such a horrid horrid practice for games.

3 Likes

Got an initial reply:

:rofl:

Hopefully someone human answers tomorrow.

When you say “we know”, can I ask how we know? Did they say that somewhere? I’m not saying you are wrong, I just dont recall reading that anywhere. Whereas I am fairly sure I read that the roll out of BM AH items is generally random, not specifically.

In any case, even if it were meant to come out on, say, a monthly basis, that would still only be a very small number of people who would manage to get one since I’m guessing the bids go to gold cap immediately.

Be interested to see if you get a informative response to your ticket.

Because everyday on numerous different BMAHs, Ordos and T3 items are up. They are basically the whites and greens of BMAH.

It’s not even that common. It hasn’t appeared on any NA realm since last July. Nada. Zilch. TSM tracks this.

It did show up on a single EU realm (Hyjal) a couple months ago. Meaning, one person in the entire world has been able to win this from the BMAH rotation within the past year. That’s it.

I too am hoping to get an informative response. Something that either says “yeah we know it’s a bug” or “working as intended, dealwithit.gif”. At least something that says what’s going on.

2 Likes

I never thought they’d remove it when it happened. I happened to have the gold at the time so I bought it but yeah, really stupid. 5 million gold is 5 million gold no matter when it is. inflation hasn’t changed. there was no reason to remove it.