My 6-month request to return AH Brutosaur to vendor

You are lying.

“I may not be able to get a date, but at least I have digital stuff that YOU CAN’T HAVE.”

-every dork that thinks bringing back retired things would have some negative impact on the game

2 Likes

Disregard who posted it-- everything in that post is 100% accurate.

Like… you can look it up online and verify it. Not sure why you’re even trying to act outraged about something so easy to verify.

They just need to add a new AH mount.

Brutosaur should stay the way Blizzard announced it. They can’t screw all the players who did the work (or bought the tokens) during the window they announced its availability because you got FOMO.

To the OP. No

Have a nice day.

Rides off into the sunset with the AH mount

After it was datamined, and a Blizz rep posted in the thread and confirmed it, you had 9 months to build up the gold.

I was lucky, and had a work schedule that allowed me to work the heck out of my profession and go from 2k gold to the cost of owning it in 3.5 months.

I can only imagine that the majority did not have the gift of abundant time, let alone the skill set to take advantage of it.

It’s their game, I don’t have a beef with them removing it, even if I wouldn’t. I do, however, have a huge problem with them not announcing it. Would they have waited until 2 months to go? One? We’ll never know, but 9 months was short and a shock. They should have just artificially extended its availability to equal an announcement at the beginning of the expac.

Edited to add: Since there seems to be some disbelief - the original breaking thread:

Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Don’t remember seeing, or hearing that. Anyhow still believe they should have left the mount on the vendor for the folks who might want it. I mean it was a friggin mount that you could buy off a vendor, not a dungeon, or raid reward mount lol. Just my opinion, but it’s never good when they remove stuff from the game whether it be vanity mounts, or content like quests. Can still remember the outrage when the Battle for Undercity was removed from wolk, and how the stupid cata revamp removed, or changed some iconic quests. Sure folks can revisit the undercity quest in wolk classic when it comes out, but should of never been removed from retail in the first place.

1 Like

Depends on the source. For example, if it’s from a questline that no longer exists, then putting it in BMAH makes sense. But this was just a vendor item. How many vendor items have they removed in 15 years?

It was a bad 9 months for me. Plus I’m not very good at making gold, I mostly craft and crafting was not good at that time. Crafting is better now and I made enough crafting in SL to get the mount. So, just hoping they bring it back.

The post made no sense. It basically said that the transmog mount made the game worse and so would this. I didn’t get that at all. The transmog mount made the transmog game.

“Allegedly” No one has seen it for almost a year.

5mill is also way too much for a mount. Even the yak was too much. Had to pull all my toons resources for it and left my entire horde side broke.

You’d be surprised how much you save when you stop impulse buying at the AH.

I halted all my expenses and immediately saw an increase in my savings… this was after i had bought the 2M spider and was starting to save up for the 5M brutosaur. It IS doable, you just have to set your priorities on just what’s important to you.

Do i buy flasks for my raid this Saturday or spend the hour farming the herbs and craft the flasks on my alchemist and thus save the gold towards the mount? It adds up.

Bonus, extra flasks i can then post up on auction on Tuesday! more gold! Rinse/repeat!

I dont buy anything off ah except base legendary items. I have every profession covered. I still don’t make enough to ever break a mill or even 40k. Im starting to think the only way to get some gold is to sell wow tokens.

I don’t even get these with scaling. You don’t want everything to become a bronze drake, but scaling has long fixed that issue. AotC and KSM/CM mounts could make a come back during their respective Timewalking weeks as scaled dungeons/raids. Even gladiator mounts could have a vendor where you get a token for an extra one for being an even higher rating that current season that you can trade in.

With longboi, they could’ve given it a weekly pricing off vendor based on the WoW token each reset. Inflation accounted for with that. Even would’ve made it a bit of a game for financial minded AH goblins of when they wanted to buy, or if they wanted to bet on it getting cheaper.

I disagree with this on a fundamental level though, all FOMO items are a net negative.

You’ll never stop old players from leaving. burnout exacerbates even the smallest discrepancies in game design, and even if somehow game is perfect; life happens. A game lives and dies on new players coming in (and players returning after leaving).

FOMO items are completely counterintuitive to growing and maintaining a game based on that. Where they come in fighting the notion “Is it to late to play World of Warcraft.” the exclusive mounts confirm that feeling. When they need to be looking around at other players and setting goals, places to go, and reasons to invest themselves after level cap. When they see something like the Violet Spellwing or mounts like it, They’re looking at a dead end.

Then there is just the fact removed rewards are given 5 months to work their positives as a motivator, and an indefinite amount of time to work as a demotivator.

1 Like

No please stay on it… maybe they’ll listen to common sense… I know it is rare, and a super power, but you have it.

1 Like

What he said was true. It was discovered to be removed on a PTR server I think? After that the news spread. Later on Blizz finally came out and admitted it. If it wasn’t for the random discovery, Blizz may have never announced its removal. We will never know.

2 Likes

But I like my avocado toast feast.

Not everyone was playing when it was in game. There is no reason it should have been removed, it should be put back on the vendor.

1 Like

This is pretty asinine of you. Both the mammoth and yak are still available from their respective vendors. The entire point of the mounts is to be a gold sink, removing only one of them(which also happens to be the most expensive one) from the vendor is completely pointless.

Blizz has added a completely pointless barrier of entry to a mount that already had a big enough barrier. The cost. People who can collect and save 5 million gold to spend on one mount have more than spent enough time and investment to be able to just buy it from the vendor outright. Also, not everyone played during BFA. Just like not everyone played during wotlk or MoP, yet the mammoth and yak weren’t removed from the vendor.

2 Likes